Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow 10 Mile- March 24th 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Is it worth running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭El CabaIIo

Is it worth running?

I haven't ran it but alot of the lads have and all I've heard is good things and that it is one of best races in Munster. Flat, fast and competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

Cheers OP. Signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tbukela

Is it worth running?

By way of comparison I ran Mallow and Dungarvan this year and thought both were really good, well organised races. Dungarvan has a bit of prestige attached to it with a strong field but the same can be said for Mallow. I was surprised that they both showed the exact same elevation gain of 299 Ft as I would have pegged Mallow as faster course. Mallow is easily accessible, loads of parking with a good spread afterwards, highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

I entered for this race without checking my diary for next year and as it happens I'll be out of the country on the weekend of the race next March. By any chance are the organisers offering refunds? Unlikely....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭El CabaIIo

eliwallach wrote: »
    I entered for this race without checking my diary for next year and as it happens I'll be out of the country on the weekend of the race next March. By any chance are the organisers offering refunds? Unlikely....

They done transfers last year around February but I don't know if that's happening this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Cheers El C. I'll keep an eye out for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Rega

A great day out. Well marshalled. Well supported. The pacers were great. Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Great event as always, no wonder it sells out well in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Great event. Well organised and loads of food post race. Thanks to all who helped will be back again.

Someone above compared it to Dungarvan. Having run Dungarvan 4 times and Mallow for the first time yesterday, I would say Mallow was tougher. I found the last mile or so of yesterday tough. Maybe with familiarity that will change. Although the downhill finish was nice.

I would not call it flat however.

Looking forward to doing it again next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 LightningBeard

Ran Mallow for the first time yesterday, definitely a tougher course than Dungarvan but a great race all the same and came away with a big PB. A great standard of running across the board, the organisation by the Mallow club was great, will definitely be back!

Advertisement