Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching Provider

• 06-12-2018 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

My contract ended today. I called 1901 to switch to another  provider. I was advised that the estimated waiting time was 30 minutes. Following that I was told that the Eir call centre was closed and the call was disconnected. I just want to switch to another provider. Can I enter contract with new provider without contact with Eir?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yes you can and it's very easy. All you need is your UAN, which should be on your bill. The new provider will do everything for you. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If your contract ended then the other provider can take over the services, you don't need to cancel with eir (bar checking the account is closed with them when the services go active with the new provider)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Logo

fritzelly wrote: »
    If your contract ended then the other provider can take over the services, you don't need to cancel with eir (bar checking the account is closed with them when the services go active with the new provider)
    So I do need to make contact with Eir to check the account is closed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,707 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Logo wrote: »
    fritzelly wrote: »
    So I do need to make contact with Eir to check the account is closed?
    No, its all automatic or should be but it's always a good idea to check the account is closed when services have been transferred.

Advertisement