Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best streaming device for travelling, in hotels etc.

• 06-12-2018 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭

What is the best option for the above?

I am thinking myself that a fire stick would be very useful as you could just stick it into the tv's hdmi slot.

Is there any issue with hotel tvs that stop you from getting the hdmi source. Also is there any issue with connecting it to hotel wifi?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Hotel remotes oftendon't have the source button on them. You switching sources can effectively 'break' it for the next guest. That said I was in a hotel recently where the desk had a HDMI port on a panel that fed to the TV.

So..it depends. Also note amazon is more georestricted than say Netflix. Id get a android stick with Netflix installed which can also run amazon prime movies, youtube etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Masala

Would hotel wifi be good enough to to stay up for long periods....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Masala wrote: »
    Would hotel wifi be good enough to to stay up for long periods....

That's another big 'it depends'

I stay regularly in the same hotel and the wifi really depends on which room I'm in. Sometimes I can stream anything without issue and sometimes its just impossible. In different hotels I get different results.

Advertisement