Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Residences Association Responsibilities

• 07-12-2018 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I live in a small block of 12 apartments in Dublin. I own my apartment, over the past 7 years I have accumulated some arrears, I have missed payments here and there, I am now thankfully in a position to clear off my arrears. However, I now find myself in a position where what I think I owe and what the Management committee say I owe is not the same.I requested them to give me a statement of accounts, basically and end of year report for the arrears owing (by me) at the end of each year for the past 7 years. I didn't think this was an unreasonable request as I imagined the accountant would have easy access to this information. However the directors of the residents ass have got back to me saying I need to pay their account €500 for this information. Is this correct? I thought as a sharholder I should have access to this information? Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,576 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Management company or residents association?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,518 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Submit a GDPR access request for all details. They can't charge for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

They may have added intrest on to the arrears and any legal fees incurred pursuing you for non-payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭happyfriday74

If its more than what it should be then they have added interest and/or legal fees to the service charge owed. Have they a solicitor writing to you-

Most long leases allow the OMC to charge you interest and recover legal costs of any solicitors they instruct to chase your debt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

It is more than likely interest plus legal fees. You cant exactly expect to pay the same amount you should have paid 5 years ago. Some omc are in disrepair and are dofficult to sell due to too many not paying their mgmt fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Go to them with a settlemnet figure. Make it less than what you owe them. Tell them this is all ye have.

They might take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

ebbsy wrote: »
    Go to them with a settlemnet figure. Make it less than what you owe them. Tell them this is all ye have.

They might take it.

They dont have to take it. You cant sell a place until it is fully paid off incl interest and the longer he waits, the more letters he gets from solicitors and the interests keeps going up.

Advertisement