Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apartment pump

• 07-12-2018 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just looking for a bit of help/info if possible, live in apartment, water pump keeps makeing a humming noise every mins or so, Have checked all taps are tight and no leaks that i can see in toilet cistern,?? can put up with it during day but annoying during night, thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mariomaker

open your water tank and check the float on the top. If theres water in it or damaged the float will cuase water to to pump into the tank hence the noise. Im 75% sure thats the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

Mariomaker wrote: »
    open your water tank and check the float on the top. If theres water in it or damaged the float will cuase water to to pump into the tank hence the noise. Im 75% sure thats the problem
    How do i open water tank?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mariomaker

There should be a lid on the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭redarmy

There should be a lid on the top?
    There is no lid on top, its just a big copper tank

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rodhan

It sounds like the exact problem we had in our apartment before. I was worried that it was a leak under the floor somewhere because it just got worse and worse over the years. Eventually I asked a plumber and it turned out to be just a small tear in a part of the water pump that he was able to repair really quickly. It was a big relief because I was prepared for the worst! The plumber said that it was a really common problem in apartment pumps.

I don't know where you're based but I highly recommend Paul <MOD SNIP> if he covers your area. I see pumps get mentioned a lot on his Testimonials page too.

MOD NOTE Names by PM please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You're totally off the mark.
    The ballcock filling valve in the top of a combined hot / cold water cylinder, typical of apartments, has absolutely no connection with the water pressure boosting pump issue as described.

redarmy wrote: »
    Hi folks, just looking for a bit of help/info if possible, live in apartment, water pump keeps makeing a humming noise every mins or so, Have checked all taps are tight and no leaks that i can see in toilet cistern,?? can put up with it during day but annoying during night, thanks for any help.

It is either the expansion vessel on the pump, the non return valves on the pump, a leak on pump.
    Turn off the valves on the Outlet Pipework from the pump, if the noise continues, then its the pump, if it stops, then its elsewhere.

Advertisement