Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash lodgement

Options
  • 07-12-2018 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Anyone have similar issue or If a bank rep can help answer.
    Child going away for weekend lodged money into account yesterday evening instead of giving him cash. Used a lodgement machine as our branch doesn’t have a teller anymore so we are left with a machine which is out of order more times than working.
    Put money in yesterday evening but still no sign of it hitting account..Normally it’s in account after about 30 minutes.
    Rang 365 and they said I would have to wait till my bank opened which is 10.30 ...which is to late.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

harr wrote: »
    Hi
    Anyone have  similar issue or If a bank rep can help answer.
    Child going away for weekend lodged money into account yesterday evening instead of giving him cash. Used a lodgement machine as our branch doesn’t have a teller anymore so we are left with a machine which is out of order more times than working.
    Put money in yesterday evening but still no sign of it hitting account..Normally it’s in account after about 30 minutes.
    Rang 365 and they said I would have to wait till my bank opened which is 10.30 ...which is to late.

Hi harr,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

If a lodgement is made to the account after 3.30pm this may not credit to your account until the next working day. There are signs on the ATM to advise of this. Please be assured that the credit will be processed and credited to the account today.

Thanks Again, Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 14 caroline2k10

@harr did this get credited? I'm experiencing the same problem, not showing on account at all even as pending 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

@harr did this get credited? I'm experiencing the same problem, not showing on account at all even as pending 🙄
    It did but it was well into the next day, why it takes so long I don’t know. A Bank of Ireland cheque I lodged at same time took over 3 days to show up in my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It did but it was well into the next day, why it takes so long I don’t know. A Bank of Ireland cheque I lodged at same time took over 3 days to show up in my account.

They have to check if there are sufficient funds in the account the cheque is drawn on. Yours isn't the only cheque in the pile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Cash lodgements really should be credited straight away. The delay with cheques is understandable.

• Advertisement

Oh ok, hopefully mine will show up today so, usually it shows up straight away but this time it didn't

Just checked there and mine went in, was beginning to panic about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Just checked there and mine went in, was beginning to panic about it

Good to hear that this got sorted for you Caroline. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help you with and hope you all have a great Christmas.
    Thanks for getting in touch.
    Darren.

Advertisement