Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre due by end of 2018 but still have heard nothing

Options
  • 07-12-2018 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi,
    According to fibrerollout.ie we were due to have fibre at our address in the Coachford/Dripsey area of County Cork by the end of 2018. Obviously it is nearing the end of 2018 and there is no sign of anything happening and we have heard nothing.

Do you have any update on when we will receive fibre ?

Thanks.

I can send you my postcode by DM if required.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

radar0976 wrote: »
    Hi,
    According to fibrerollout.ie we were due to have fibre at our address in the Coachford/Dripsey area of County Cork by the end of 2018. Obviously it is nearing the end of 2018 and there is no sign of anything happening and we have heard nothing.

Thanks.

Hi radar0976,

Thanks for contacting us about getting fibre in your area. If you have you an eircode you can click here to check if you are eligible for fibre, this is constantly being updated. Alternatively, if you are already a customer you can contact our Customer Care department on 1901 and they will be able to run a line test to see if you are eligible for fibre.

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cancer3

Hi radar0976,

If you have you an eircode you can click here to check if you are eligible for fibre, this is constantly being updated.
    This is one big lie !

My location for over a year on this map has coverage. The facts are that this is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

Hi,

Thanks.

Hi radar0976,

Thanks for contacting us about getting fibre in your area. If you have you an eircode you can click here to check if you are eligible for fibre, this is constantly being updated. Alternatively, if you are already a customer you can contact our Customer Care department on 1901 and they will be able to run a line test to see if you are eligible for fibre.

~Kellie
    It still gives no indication as to when it will be available. I've tried this map before and it hasn't changed my status in almost 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

cancer3 wrote: »
    Hi radar0976,

If you have you an eircode you can click here to check if you are eligible for fibre, this is constantly being updated.
    This is one big lie !

My location for over a year on this map has coverage. The facts are that this is not true.
    Yup, that map is rubbish.  Everywhere within miles of me is showing green, but every time the "due" date approaches they just shove it out another 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cancer3

Thoie wrote: »
    cancer3 wrote: »
    Hi radar0976,

This is one big lie !

Yup, that map is rubbish.  Everywhere within miles of me is showing green, but every time the "due" date approaches they just shove it out another 3 months.
    That's because Eir do nothing. In the spring they say they will do it in the summer.In the summer they say they will do it in the spring.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Hi,

Thanks.

Hi radar0976,

~Kellie
    The attached link is a waste of time and is not showing current status.  We have Fibre broadband with over 12 months but on checking our address and phone number I am told that fibre is not available.

Advertisement