Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Improvement Loan

Options
  • 07-12-2018 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I am currently not a member with BOI and am a PTSB customer , I currently have an outstanding Home improvement loan with PTSB with 18.5k outstanding and am looking to apply for a top up loan for further improvements , however there current interest rates are poor and a such I have been looking at other providers such as BOI.

I would like to apply for 32k including clearing the outstanding balance owed to PTSB and use the remainder for improvements.

Does not having a current relationship with BOI damage my chances of approval as opposed to my own bank?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Hi ,

I am currently not a member with BOI and am a PTSB customer , I currently have an outstanding Home improvement loan with PTSB with 18.5k outstanding and am looking to apply for a top up loan for further improvements , however there current interest rates are poor and a such I have been looking at other providers such as BOI.

I would like to apply for 32k including clearing the outstanding balance owed to PTSB and use the remainder for improvements.

Does not having a current relationship with BOI damage my chances of approval as opposed to my own bank?

Hi Irishcrx,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.

You can apply for any products with Bank of Ireland regardless of if you have been a previous customer or not. To discuss the lending options available to you I would recommend that you call our Lending team on 0818 200 334 and one of our advisors will be more than happy to take your details and go through the application with you.

Please feel free to get in touch with us if we can help you with anything else.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement