Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing on TG4 tonight 20:30

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Moylette is tough, he has taken a lot of body punches, it's just a pity he seems to be feather fisted. I really can't see him getting a ko

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mexican never took a backwards step, phenomenal.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

How did they give the last round to Ray tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭Boooourns

92-96 to the Mexican

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

These cards will be very interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

My god, I can't believe how little impact Moylette's punches have had. Entertaining fight in fairness and well done to him for the recovery. Only a home town decision can give this to him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Credit to Moylette. I thought he was done when he was down twice but he probably boxed better after that than before it.

Mexican should win it handy. He ate some big shots though. If he was up against a bigger puncher he would have been in some bother.

Go down in history... sure Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

Boooourns wrote: »
    92-96 to the Mexican

Mexican won but it will be a draw.
    Moylette does not punch hard enough at this level

Lol at Sean Bán. "That'll go down in history as one of the great fights".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Try_harder wrote: »
    Go down in history... sure Sean

Ya I heard that too. Deary me

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Joe Dixon

If he's within 5 points of him then i know nothing about boxing..

He lost - unsurprisingly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

The Mexican got a home town decision......apparently.

The commentators are surprisingly surprised. Kinda discredits the coverage when they're so biased. Which is understandable when they're his buddies but don't hire them if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

Deluded in tg4 commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Boooourns wrote: »
    92-96 to the Mexican

Good man. But I would have it 92-96 to the Mecican x3. A split decision is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

That's probably the best that could be hoped for.
    Moylette lost by a mile, but a SD loss, that the TG4 commentators describe as unlucky could be enough to have Moylette headline another card in Mayo.

Not that he's bound for World title success in the future, far too many flaws. But Irish boxing does need headline fighters, and televised cards. So hopefully for that reason (and the fact Moylette is very exciting to watch) he headlines another show.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,828 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

The third judge got it right - this commentary team makes sky look neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Jaysis Froch and Co have nothing on these boys. Fair call, hitting the canvas twice and being on the back foot most of the fight made Moylette look like he was outclassed. He's no power to do damage unfortunately

• Advertisement

Can a mayo man ever win a title???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Lost by split decision, but was shocked it was as close as that. I can understand the broadcasters being biased, but what was the judge looking at.

Moylette didn't have enough power in his punches to trouble Uruzquieta. He looked less fit as well.

Also, he had this tactic of standing right in front of him, head protected but body wide open and Uruzquieta landed a load of decent body shots, especially left hooks, that would have drained him.

I actually thought Moylette did ok when he boxed and moved and didn't allow Uruzquieta to get set to throw power punches, but he just didn't have the power to put any fear into the guy or make him back off at all.

Announcer hadn't a notion what he was at either.

It's a pity alright that he doesn't have the goods. He seems to have a great fan base and it'd be nice to have a regular boxing night live on these shores again.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭section4

He lost - unsurprisingly

Good to see an honest result
    When I looked at the Mexican record on boxerec and what I used to see of moylette in the amateurs and how he was prone to lapses I feared the worst. Unless the Mexican was shot.
    And the Mexican was not shot. He fought very well and never gave an inch

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

The lads are great craic with their commentary & analysis. Clearly not too familiar with the task. It's a low budget event & overall it's been great watching for a friday night. Hope there's more to come. Breath of fresh air having pro boxing events in ireland again minus the gangster element.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Crazy commentary and crazy split decision scoring. Very happy the Mexican lad got it, hate seeing boxers whoever they are getting robbed, they put their bodies the line.
    Great heart shown by Ray, pity he lacks power as the Mexican was relentless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

It was entertaining anyway.

Pity Moylette didn't have a bit more power. Against a pressure fighter he needed a bit more pop in his punches to discourage your man from coming forward. I think the Mexican realised from early on he could just walk through Moylette's shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Can a mayo man ever win a title???

The great Henry Coyle landed the World title a good few years back. WBF or something wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

According to boxrec both are rated very close; between 120th and 130th in the world in their weights.
    I had to laugh when the commentators said the winner would be in the world’s top 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

According to boxrec both are rated very close; between 120th and 130th in the world in their weights.
    I had to laugh when the commentators said the winner would be in the world’s top 15.

They're going to get a top 15 ranking with the WBC. No reason why the Mexican lad wouldn't be there. On what I just saw.

Advertisement