Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avantcard loans recorded as credit cards

• 07-12-2018 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi there

I have a couple of loans with Avantcard. I've applied for a credit card with AIB but they told me these loans are recorded as credit cards on my ICB report. I have queried this with Avantcard but they said to request a copy of my credit report instead, so they didn't really address the question. It seems to me like there are GDPR ramifications about this. I'm wondering what the best way to rectify this is?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Request a copy of your credit report, check if the loans are recorded as credit cards and then ask Avantcard and ICB to correct the mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭dubdev

amcalester wrote: »
    Request a copy of your credit report, check if the loans are recorded as credit cards and then ask Avantcard and ICB to correct the mistake.

I did that. What weird was the Avantcard rep was very evasive and said "I'm not saying the bank gave you wrong information but you should check your ICB report. Surely Avantcard can tell me themselves whether they record loans as credit cards on the ICB? Something seems amiss there..

Advertisement