Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster vs Castres, Sunday 9th Dec 1pm; BT Sport 2

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭twinytwo

fitz wrote: »
    Kockett is some whinger.
    Soccer style reaction for Conway's contact, and just constantly moaning. Shoving people after scoring their own try now too.
    Seems a total knob.

He looked at conway runs into him waits for contact and goes down.

Its a shame players like him cant be sorted out any more ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Buer wrote: »
    Why on earth did Matthewson kick it away? And why did JJH take 30 seconds over a completely irrelevant conversion?

Rugby teams are too often guilty of not managing the clock well. Same with Bath yesterday at the end of the game. JJ should have drop kicked that conversion immediately. I would be less harsh on Mathewson as there were 3 minutes remaining, there was plenty time to get the ball back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Dire game to watch and the Sarries/Cardiff encounter looks to have been the one to watch. Things can only get better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Yes JJ was MOTM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Dire first half as is common on these Sunday kick offs.

Cloete motm for me all day he was epic.

Refereeing of the offside today was appalling. And the starter 7 for Castres wasn't square for one scrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Poor match alright, we were completely dominating them in the first half but forcing the try. Things like Murray/JJ nearly intercepting.. on another day we'd have gotten the bonus. Given the dominance we had and the context of the pool, the 4 pts is a relatively poor return.

No idea why Tadhg Beirne touched it down when it came back into our tryline at the end, thought we had men over.

I thought Murray was very good, he was a complete nuisance for them at scrum time. POM was his usual self, the pack as a whole went well. Backplay is still poor, you can maybe forgive it a bit because of two last minute changes but still...

Delighted for JJ, thought he had a fine game, showed a glimpse of what he can do.

The messing at the end has added a nice bit of spice to next weekend, they'll tear into each other!

sioda wrote: »
    Dire first half as is common on these Sunday kick offs.

Cloete motm for me all day he was epic.

Refereeing of the offside today was appalling. And the starter 7 for Castres wasn't square for one scrum.

Not sure we can be giving out much about backrows' antics in scrums... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Watched the game, shouldn't have bothered...it was awful

Murray stood out like a shining light which was good to see. Munster seem to want to play Beirne similar to Scarlets did last season, he looked out on his feet at stages but still was great

JJ had a good game.

I don't understand, you score a try, need another for a bonus. They spent 2-3 min if not more pushing and shoving each other and then JJ went through his routine again after the ref told him to hold on the first time he did it. Complete brain fart by the whole team.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Sportsmad5

twinytwo wrote: »
    Doyle is a joke of a ref... how many penos did castre give away in that game (i lost count) no cards not even a warning.

Can the referee ask the TMO to review anything other than the grounding, possible knock on/forward pass etc prior to grounding or for Foul Play.

I thought it was limited to this, not checking twice if there should be a scrum 5 when there was no question of a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

I thought Munster were very lucky to get scrum penalties in the first half. Kilcoyne was pushing in at an angle all day. Should have been whistled off the park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Strange watching Munster at times this season. Another game where we always looked comfortable, came away with a good win on the scoreboard, yet still a bit frustrating (some of the errors and not getting the BP - though on another day we would have come away with 5). A little worried that it's flattering to deceive at times (like early this season, battering teams at home and then a strong away team looks completely out of sorts), and could come undone at the business end of the season again.

Very scrappy game and the niggle really kicked off at the end, so next week could be interesting. Disruption before kick off with injuries didn't help, so we'll take the four points and move onto the next one.

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Does Scannell not know how to throw a pass? Murray made the try easy for him, so I dont understand the praise he got, there were times when we had numbers on the wing and he chose to hold onto the ball, when we could have scored a try. No wonder he's overlooked by Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I think the decision making within the side needs to be questioned. Seems to be a lot of sloppy play. A couple of Hollywood pass attempts yesterday too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

Kind of disappointed that we didn't get the try BP but given the wind, rain, losing two key play makers in the lead up to the game and the ref and his ARs ignoring the offside line and hands on the ground when competing at rucks then I'm happy enough with the scoreline.

I'm delighted for JJ he had a great day yesterday after such a poor game off the tee last week.

We need to up our game a bit for next week but I honestly believe it's easier play against a team that wants to play rugby then against a team that want to spoil and I think Castres just wanted to spoil yesterday.

We just need to take our points next week and avoid doing the stupid stuff that gives Castres an easy exit or worse earn a card.

Really hope Kockott starts for them, he can be got at!

Advertisement