Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amsterdam Mararthon 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭spc78

Anyone able to do a table?!

Username|PB|Predicted Time|Actual Time|Behind/Ahead Target
    Test2|3:00:01|2:59:59|3:00:01||
    Test1|3:00:01|2:59:59|2:59:59||
    Sideshowbob|3.28.39|3.25.59||
    OOnegative(HM)|1.26.11|new PB||
    Skyblue46(HM)|1.33.20|new PB||
    Sca21|3.34.43|3.28.58||
    The Davestator|3.32.05|3.29.59||
    spc78|2:52|2:39:59||

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Skyblue46(HM)|1.33.20|1.45.00||
    Sca21|3.34.43|3.28.58||

Love the Up/down arrows....that's a new trick to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Sca21|3.34.43|3.28.58||

Love the Up/down arrows....that's a new trick to me!

Test1 should be an equals sign :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Weather looking good, hopefully it stays that way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

OOnegative wrote: »
    Weather looking good, hopefully it stays that way!!

It really does doesn't it?!

Most sites seem to be in general agreement so keep us posted from the ground!

Just had a quick lower body sports massage to kick off the last week of taper

• Advertisement

Weather still looking good.

Anyone get the App to work? Android version for me - on Tracking it just says 'Coming Soon' meaning I suppose no start list yet uploaded?

I see race will be live on Eurosport.

spc78 wrote: »
    Weather still looking good.

Anyone get the App to work? Android version for me - on Tracking it just says 'Coming Soon' meaning I suppose no start list yet uploaded?

I see race will be live on Eurosport.

Tracking is going live on Friday according to someone on the FB group

Was out this afternoon for final few race pace miles, nice 13 degree temperatures with a little bit of breeze coming in off the North Sea but humidity was 90% plus. Can’t see any change in that between now and Sunday. Ye guys running the marathon need to be taking fluids at every drinks station.

Will update Friday to post what it’s like then.

Was out this afternoon for final few race pace miles, nice 13 degree temperatures with a little bit of breeze coming in off the North Sea but humidity was 90% plus. Can’t see any change in that between now and Sunday. Ye guys running the marathon need to be taking fluids at every drinks station.

Will update Friday to post what it’s like then.

How did the foot hold up today B?

How did the foot hold up today B?

No issues again S, fine now also. Hoping it won’t flare up like last week when delivering mail tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

Test2|3:00:01|2:59:59|3:00:01|â–¼|

Test1|3:00:01|2:59:59|2:59:59|â–²|

Sca21|3.34.43|3.28.58||

66_Lad|2.37.27|2.34.30||

I'm in also, been carrying a quad niggle for past 4 wks but have been able to train through it and taper helping to settle it down. Not liking the humidity levels, hard to take sufficient fluids using those cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gijima

Lads,
    I've got a transferred entry from another lad but got no email for bib collection-nor has the other lad, have emailed organizers-but no reply yet. I can see the confirmation#/bib# when i login, will a printout of this suffice if i don't get the email on time-not sure what to do now!

Gijima wrote: »
    Lads,
    I've got a transferred entry from another lad but got no email for bib collection-nor has the other lad, have emailed organizers-but no reply yet. I can see the confirmation#/bib# when i login, will a printout of this suffice if i don't get the email on time-not sure what to do now!

I’m going with the same as I never got bib collection email either

Check your promotions folder if you use Gmail. That's where mine went.

Check your promotions folder if you use Gmail. That's where mine went.

Done S, not there. Have my bid number & wave from going in through registration.

So after OOnegative mentioning humidity a few times, I thought I better look into it. Did some reading about the effects and perceived exertion.

Fooooook you OOnegative!

Now I'm convinced a DNF is on the cards.
    :(

So after OOnegative mentioning humidity a few times, I thought I better look into it. Did some reading about the effects and perceived exertion.

Fooooook you OOnegative!

Not at all, as I said make sure you avail of fluids at every aid station(not excessively so) and you will be fine. Absolutely no reason to think a DNF is on the cards. Taper madness hit yet!!!

Not at all, as I said make sure you avail of fluids at every aid station(not excessively so) and you will be fine. Absolutely no reason to think a DNF is on the cards. Taper madness hit yet!!!

ha ha - maranoia for sure!
    Humidity in Ireland has been around 70 to 85 so hopefully it wont be as big an adjustment.
    I do remember Rotterdam marathon though and I was sweating profusely at the 2 mile marker and had no idea why!
    I've a crappy bladder so always need to balance fluids in with time lost for pee stops.

Fooooook you OOnegative!

At 10-12degC which is the forecast, Humidity is not an issue. Its really only if it gets up to 15/16 that it starts to feel 'muggy' and your only source of cooling is sweating which becomes ineffective due to the high humidity and you end up bucketing sweat losing fluids but with no cooling effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

spc78 wrote:
    At 10-12degC which is the forecast, Humidity is not an issue. Its really only if it gets up to 15/16 that it starts to feel 'muggy' and your only source of cooling is sweating which becomes ineffective due to the high humidity and you end up bucketing sweat losing fluids but with no cooling effect.

So this all means my large draft beers Sunday afternoon will be okay ?? Right ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Yes fingers crossed that the weather holds off and we get a mild day
    Only a 3 miler for me tomorrow then taking it handy :)
    Going to go straight to the expo from the airport on Saturday looks like there a regular bus and train that stop nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gijima

Thanks OO
    Just got a mail from the Helpdesk with my details, looks like any printout with your details on it will be fine for collection.
    Any suggestion for quickest way to get back to the Central Station, i have to head to Eindhoven for flight back in the afternoon. Thanks

Gijima wrote: »
    Any suggestion for quickest way to get back to the Central Station, i have to head to Eindhoven for flight back in the afternoon. Thanks

Amstelveenseweg to Centraal on the Metro, 20 minutes max.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sca21

The numbers and names are on the tracker app now. The app also has a countdown timer which I try not to look at. Last 2 miles today and that's that until Sunday.

Did an easy 5k today and felt good. Shins are a bit sore but nothing too bad.

Flying out Sat am and straight to the expo and try to stay off my feet as much as possible for the rest of the day.

Did 20k + steps the day before Edinburgh marathon last year and certainly didn't help me!

I probably haven't read the emails enough but does anyone know do you bring your own bag to bag drop or do they provide one, DCM style, at the expo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Amstelveenseweg to Centraal on the Metro, 20 minutes max.

Jesus B, your becoming a great resource for the Dutch races :D:D:D

I probably haven't read the emails enough but does anyone know do you bring your own bag to bag drop or do they provide one, DCM style, at the expo?

It gives the info about bag drops but no mention of bags so I assume you bring your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Was 2016 when I did it so the info might be out of date at this stage, but I remember handing my own bag into the bag drop on the morning of the race - sticker at the bottom of the race number to affix to the bag as far as I recall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 sca21

Weather very favourable here today. Nice and cool with light breeze. Judging from the forecast tomorrow it will be dry also. On way to collect number now.

Advertisement