Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amsterdam Mararthon 2019

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Number collected. Very painless. Off for a wander and pasta now before an early night.

Best of luck to everyone doing it. Weather wont be an excuse by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

Number collected. Very painless. Off for a wander and pasta now before an early night.

Agree, very easy to get number. Staying near the Olympic stadium, hard to find a place serving pasta...one Italian booked up, other places have pizza only

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

Great marathon and perfect weather today. Didnt hit the A target but got a decent PB from the race, 2:36:02. Mate ran 2:42 in the M50 category so we're both delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sca21

3.27.19. Delighted. Great race and city. Lovely and flat ideal running conditions today. Small bit of congestion in parts. Great advice on this forum about the pacers, they seemed to be running the first half hard and backing off in the second half judging by what I saw. I was running even enough splits but only passed them out at 40k marker! Well done all who ran.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

OOnegative with a superb run... 1:22:38

Enjoy those PB beers B, fantastically consistent splits, well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Well done today B

That’s a savage time.

Sub 3 on the way.

Fockin jealous

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Yup good day for me too - 3.25 delighted and a 3 minute PB :)faded a bit at the end but couldn't give a sh1te at that stage ! It was a bit tight for the 1st 5 miles or so but great course and the stadium finish was awesome

Hit my sub 3.30 target with a 3.28.36 - really happy as it wasn't straightforward on the day.
    For some reason, I had serious stomach issues from the start. Had to stop for 3 longs pee's before 15 k which cost me 3 minutes. Also had to repeatedly stop and fart as my stomach was churning which cost me some time too.
    Luckily I had some Imodium in my pocket (had happened before, but not in years) and took it around 15k.

From about 19k to the finish was a flat out run to gain the time back. I also ran 43k exactly which didn't help!

Negative split was nice to get with my last 5 k being my fastest.
    Caught the 3.30 pacers at 34k and stayed with them until 37k to get a bit of recovery before kicking off again for the final 5k.

Stadium finish was great and its a race I would recommend.

Only downsides were coming to a complete stop after about 500 m and walking for about 45 seconds due to congestion and also getting to the start line was tight due to crowds.

Well done all on some great times - delighted to hear of people hitting their targets and PB's

Out of interest, is anyone running Dublin too?
    Have a place and had decided ages ago not to do it, but now thinking about it.
    Would be doing it slowly, but still worried the recovery is not adequate and I'd die after 15/20 miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭ISOP

Out of interest, is anyone running Dublin too?
    Have a place and had decided ages ago not to do it, but now thinking about it.
    Would be doing it slowly, but still worried the recovery is not adequate and I'd die after 15/20 miles.

I ran Chicago two weeks after Berlin and pb's again after pbing in Berlin. I will be running Dublin too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

Out of interest, is anyone running Dublin too? Have a place and had decided ages ago not to do it, but now thinking about it. Would be doing it slowly, but still worried the recovery is not adequate and I'd die after 15/20 miles.

I have a number too and was on the fence until Wednesday when I decided to take it handy and to continue the recovery (and cake and biscuits!!) .

Like you was going to run it slower but 4hrs on my feet just doesnt feel like the smart thing to do. Another week and I'd feel better about it but don't want to risk a stupid injury

Advertisement