Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

:pac:

Just curious who turns up at midnight showings is all. Only hardcore fans I assume which is a good thing.....but it's just a time I can't comprehend. Happy to go the following morning first thing where there's no bull**** like queues or obnoxiousness amongst the audience.

There is another risk to going to midnight showings too. Spoilers. You will get people who purposefully show up and shout "Snape kills Dumbledore!" type stuff. Even if its not true and completely made up, you will spend half the movie waiting for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

:pac:

Just curious who turns up at midnight showings is all. Only hardcore fans I assume which is a good thing.....but it's just a time I can't comprehend. Happy to go the following morning first thing where there's no bull**** like queues or obnoxiousness amongst the audience.

I’ve gone to midnight shows and have had a mixed bag. I love going to near empty cinemas for movies I want to see.

That said I was worried that since school children are off this week that the morning shows might be packed with them. Also a friend is going to a midnight show and I said feck it and decided to book.

I’ve got a double bill ticket and a spare cause I thought a different friend would come. I don’t care, I seldom do these things any many people do more damage on a night out (I don’t drink) then I will do staying up until 3 watching a movie.

Generally the late night crowds are pretty good. You get one or two twats but that’s hard to avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

In my home town those that go to midnight showings tend to be a few local oddballs that go for bragging rights and to be first of their little circle to get it up on their facebook page, that feck all read, and go on about it in work but won't spoil it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Drumpot wrote: »

That said I was worried that since school children are off this week that the morning shows might be packed with them. Also a friend is going to a midnight show and I said feck it and decided to book.
    Ah balls, I forgot about that, going to midday showing Thursday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Ah balls, I forgot about that, going to midday showing Thursday :(

Booked in for 8am to avoid the kids... teenagers still asleep and even parents would not bring young kids at 8am... I hope :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I can't imagine going at 8am. That early just doesn't seem right, especially coming out and the whole day is still there!

It's Saturday at 1pm for me, because of work for me and the wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

It had its red carpet premier last night in LA and a few of the big Marvel Twitter ITK's have seen it.

2 of them that I follow havent spoiled anything but have said its a roller coaster, one of them said he cried a few times throughout the film and it was a great end to the decade of Marvel films during that phase.

There might be spoilers around though with people who have seen it so its definitely something to be aware of in the coming days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Im sorry lads. Its been a blast but i cant risk someone going rogue in here and me reading it before a mod gets to it. Gonna have to start ignoring ye :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

I can't imagine going at 8am. That early just doesn't seem right, especially coming out and the whole day is still there!

It's Saturday at 1pm for me, because of work for me and the wife.

I get you, it's weird coming out of a cinema in daylight, like coming out of a pub blitzed into bright sunshine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Pter wrote: »
    Im sorry lads. Its been a blast but i cant risk someone going rogue in here and me reading it before a mod gets to it. Gonna have to start ignoring ye :D

Ditto, see you all on the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

Just out (press screening)
    Wow. Just wow

doubledown wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow

Can you confirm if theres any mid or post credit scenes?

Theres apparently none but that could be because after the premier last night they cast spoke a few words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Can you confirm if theres any mid or post credit scenes?

Theres apparently none but that could be because after the premier last night they cast spoke a few words.

There are neither

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Reviews are coming out now. Be very careful, I read a blurb on Metacritic that gave away a major plot point. Just avoid everything until you can see it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Falthyron wrote: »
    Reviews are coming out now. Be very careful, I read a blurb on Metacritic that gave away a major plot point. Just avoid everything until you can see it.

We are in the Endgame now folks. Time to unfollow thread and try to avoid the internet for the next 48 hours. Be care on Instagram folks there’s an artist who’s promoting a portrait of an important scene from the end of the movie. I’ve luckily avoided it so far but I’ve seen others have been burnt by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Thanks for the heads up guys! No more internet for me so until Thursday. Reviews look very positive from what I've seen. I don't like going in with such big expectations though but I'm sure they'll be exceeded!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

96% rotten tomatoes score.

All aboard the hype train!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Spoiler free Guardian review up. 5 stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Counting down to midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Avengers daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! (kinda, effectively)

1 more nap til endgame!

• Advertisement

Little under 36 hours until I see it, nearly a decade of Marvel leading up to this.

Cant wait TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Heading for the midnight showing tonight, nervous and excited. Is it just me who feels almost a little bit sad this is ending? Like I know Marvel films will continue, but it feels like a long running TV show finishing at last.

I CANT WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Work is gonna suffer today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

14.5 hours....
    Going to see Infinity War beforehand too, just to warm up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    14.5 hours....
    Going to see Infinity War beforehand too, just to warm up

Same!
    Double feature tonight with the kid and my baby brother.
    Looking forward to the end of this arc, but honestly on emotional tenterhooks! :pac:

Thats some marathon for an adult, nevermind a kid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Pter wrote: »
    Thats some marathon for an adult, nevermind a kid :D

I say kid...
    He's 15, still if tonight pans out to be the emotional rollercoaster I expect it will probably be the last time he comes to the cinema with me ever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Guys & Gals enjoy the late night/early morning viewing's!!
    I shall unfollow this thread for risk of a spoiler, but I hope everyone enjoys this and the hype train doesn't somehow crash along the way.

I will be back Friday night!
    Until then good luck and good bye!

If anyone reading this is available at noon on Friday and hasnt gotten tickets yet, i have two iSense tickets for the Odeon at the Point going for free to a good home.

I had them for myself and a friend, but friend bailed, so im going tonight instead.

First come first served!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wait tonight? I thought it wasnt till 29th?

Midnight tonight fo' sho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'm in two minds about going tonight, means I won't get home till about 4am with work in the morning but then again it is avengers....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Weird, could have sworn rotten tomatoes had 60 or so reviews up on it yesterday evening (film was sitting at 98%) and now they're seemingly all gone again.

I think I'll bail out of the thread.

Whoevers getting to see it tonight, enjoy and dont be a d*ck and spoil it :pac:

I think this could be the first film in a long time where I could be tempted to go for a 2nd viewing in the cinema, take it all in without the emotional attachment.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Weird, could have sworn rotten tomatoes had 60 or so reviews up on it yesterday evening (film was sitting at 98%) and now they're seemingly all gone again.

Showing as 109 reviews - 96% for me

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »

Almost like they disappeared at the click of a finger

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Unearthly wrote: »
    Showing as 109 reviews - 96% for me

Ah right, must be my browser doing something funny.

Or maybe I'm in an alternate reality populated by everyone that was snapped and there's no avengers films here :eek:

Just seen Cineworld are doing an IMAX 3d at 7:45am tomorrow. Don't recall them ever doing that before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Just seen Both Mayo and Galways Cinemas only have 1 3d viewings at 16.10 each and rest are 2d,, What'd be the reason for this?
    Better in 2d? They know they'll get views so only show in 2d?
    More seating in 2d rooms?

Omniplex in Cork are showing it in Maxx but im not sure if theyre showing it in 3D.

IMO, any fast paced CGI action based film is pretty wasted in 3D, that could just be me though.

I'd prefer to see this in 2D only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same or should I say....Endgame does!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think I'll bail out of the thread.

Whoevers getting to see it tonight, enjoy and dont be a d*ck and spoil it :pac:

I think this could be the first film in a long time where I could be tempted to go for a 2nd viewing in the cinema, take it all in without the emotional attachment.

Think I just ****ed myself on Instagram by inadvertently spotting a comment while scrolling my feed.

Hopefully this person is just being an idiot as opposed to being a massive dick in addition to being an idiot.

It's not actually out anywhere yet is it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Think I just ****ed myself on Instagram by inadvertently spotting a comment while scrolling my feed.

Hopefully this person is just being an idiot as opposed to being a massive dick in addition to being an idiot.

Press screenings and cinema staff have seen it yesterday.

At this stage, quiet a few people have seen it so until you see it yourself, id treat any comment section of anything Marvel related, as a no go zone.

I've avoided all comment sections on social media of the Russo's, Marvel, Disney, the cast, etc, for the last few weeks in the off chance that someone spoils it, even if someone is wrong, you wont know until you see it yourself and there could be a seed in your mind involving a character and anytime they're on screen you'll be wondering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Heading to liffey valley Friday night........roll on Friday...cmoooon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I'm aiming for Saturday, Tullamore doesn't seem to be booked out yet so need to book tickets when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I will leave it a few days and try to catch it during the day time, zero time for attention seeking bellends screaming in cinemas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

At this stage, quiet a few people have seen it so until you see it yourself, id treat any comment section of anything Marvel related, as a no go zone.

I've avoided all comment sections on social media of the Russo's, Marvel, Disney, the cast, etc, for the last few weeks in the off chance that someone spoils it, even if someone is wrong, you wont know until you see it yourself and there could be a seed in your mind involving a character and anytime they're on screen you'll be wondering.

It was on my feed so was just scrolling not necessarily paying attention to comments. Then I saw an image posted my marvel studios pleading with fans not to spoil the film....and along comes some **** with a spoiler in the very first comment. :pac: Lesson learned anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Yermande

I'm heading along to a midnight screening. No work tomorrow. I've been a good boy and very active in the gym all week, so I'll be getting myself into an absolute jocker with popcorn and m&m's. 'Endgame'. It will be in the morning.

I caved in and booked a ticket for a midnight screening, going to struggle getting up for work tomorrow. Asked herself if she wanted to go with me, I'm going alone

• Advertisement
Advertisement