Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

If you haven't blanked social media (especially Instagram) I'd recommend doing it because the actors' accounts are being bombed with spoilers. Got stung again scrolling my feed and stopping at a Brie Larson post. Aye I know fool me twice I'm the dumb one but seriously what type of **** does that? And how are they ending up as top comments where's no way of avoiding them on Instagram?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If you haven't blanked social media (especially Instagram) I'd recommend doing it because the actors' accounts are being bombed with spoilers. Got stung again scrolling my feed and stopping at a Brie Larson post. Aye I know fool me twice I'm the dumb one but seriously what type of **** does that? And how are they ending up as top comments where's no way of avoiding them on Instagram?

Tbf if you didnt learn the first time......

For something this big especially given leaks have been somewhat minimal every arséhole and its haemmaroid will be desperate to leak spoilers. Stay the hell away from SM and Youtube and General Comment Sections of well anywhere.

Otherwise you run the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just got told I've be in work to in the early house, eating and going to bed right after. Will be out by 9-10am, so hopefully not dead on my feet and will got see it in a nice emptyish theatre around midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

pjohnson wrote: »
    Tbf if you didnt learn the first time......

For something this big especially given leaks have been somewhat minimal every arséhole and its haemmaroid will be desperate to leak spoilers. Stay the hell away from SM and Youtube and General Comment Sections of well anywhere.

Otherwise you run the risk.

It's not even discussion though it's just de facto spoilers dropped on posts unrelated to the content posted. I.e. being an intentional ****.

But yeah I know, stupid of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Going into work early in morning as I need to go to a showing at 5.10pm tomorrow afternoon.

OK, I'm unsubscribing now. Enjoy everyone!

Be courteous with regards spoilers - Thanos (and others) demand your silence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Going tomorrow at 7:20pm no internet from 10pm onwards tonight can't fudging wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Basq wrote: »
    Going into work early in morning as I need to go to a showing at 5.10pm tomorrow afternoon.

OK, I'm unsubscribing now. Enjoy everyone!

Be courteous with regards spoilers - Thanos (and others) demand your silence!
    Píss off Thanos sent me to dustland. I owe him nothing :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Got here early. So excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Just back from seeing Infinity Wars and the screen was backed such a good film with a flaw or 2 of course but it seemed a lot would be staying around for the midnight screening. Showing in 3 screens 1 been the IMAXX (Omniples Limerick). Unfortunately have to work so going @ 7PM tomorrow but could not get the IMAXX so I guess have to go again (what a burden to carry:P:P:P). There is only 1 way I think Ironman can get back to earth and the people who hate that caracter will riot she got to doo something. So until I see the movie LATERS PEEPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Cinemas full of kids. Movie already ruined. Leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Pter wrote: »

For a midnight showing will be full of Coke (the drink) I say

For a midnight showing will be full of Coke (the drink) I say

Some of these kids were in nappies for Iron Man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Did you really leave lol?

Calhoun wrote:
    Did you really leave lol?

God no. Wild horses....

Movies starting. Ssshhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw an early screening

Satisfied with it all and great ending to the saga

• Advertisement

Lads. Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Lads. Jaysus.

- enters thread
    - reads Pter's post
    - leaves thread ASAP for fear of spoilers

I'm not spoiling anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Well well well

Glad I went to the double bill now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

What a movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I'm not spoiling anything.

That good? i am going to see it next weekend, very excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

That's going to take some digesting. How will I sleep. Work at 07:00 FML

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Oh. My. God.

Hope ye all enjoy it. I very much did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I took Thursday off for this. Worth it.

flazio wrote:
    I took Thursday off for this. Worth it.

I probably should have. I've to work tomorrow and then drive to the other end of the country tomorrow eve. I'm going to be walking around in a daze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

That was totally worth it. Unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

What a perfect film in every way.

I envy anyone seeing that for the first time.

Simply incredible.

I envy anyone seeing that for the first time.

I'm gonna use those spare tickets I had for Friday to go see it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Wow.
    Just wow

People that haven’t seen it yet, just enjoy every single second.
    Wonderful wonderful movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Going with the kids on Saturday, second viewing should give some nice perspective.

If that's what release after 10 years of build up feels like im off to tell the missus to read up on tantra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thats an exceptionally good movie, mind boggles someone worked out that story or the best part of it 10 years ago!!!

Enjoy anyone going morrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I don't know what to do with myself now after seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Literally the ultimate pay off great movie

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

What a fantastic film. Loved every bit of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Wow, I am great full to Marvel for such a spectical. Amazing film from start to finish. Happy bed now.

EDIT: I NEED A DRINK FIRST.

Did anyone else really like the post credit bit? There's no post credit scene, and everyone else in the screening seemed to think it was a big disappointment/didn't catch it, but I thought it was very nicely done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Incredible movie, hats off to the house of marvel. Great buzz in the packed cinema. Gasps, applause, cheers, just wonderful. What the cinema should be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Did anyone else really like the post credit bit? There's no post credit scene, and everyone else in the screening seemed to think it was a big disappointment/didn't catch it, but I thought it was very nicely done.

I think it was necessary and provided closure on the Infinity Saga as a whole. I think any mid or post credits sequence would have undermined the finality of the series.

Sure there's a widely advertised Spider-Man film still to come but the Avengers films needed closure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Do not read spoilers if you Haven’t seen movie!!!!

Biggest cheer in cinema I was at was when
    cap uses Thor’s hammer

Think I might have to see it again before judging. I enjoyed it but after 6 hours of avengers in the cinema, I’m still sweaty, only getting home and a bit
    sad that iron man and the Cap are retired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

When good, it's very good, but has more than a few eye rolling moments that just stick in the craw.
    Certainly has pacing issues, especially compared to Infinity War, with a flabby midsection (pun intended) bookended by a strong opening and a racous final third. That's not to say that there isn't a lot of joy to be found, even in the meat of the middle, but nostalgic trips aside, it suffers a wee bit in a pedestrian sense. Trim 20mins in a few places and it's flow would probably work a bit better, even if it meant sidelining secondary character narrative, it'd probably be a good trade.
    Don't want to come across overly down on it, as I enjoyed large parts of it......Some good performances from the expected originals, funny (overly for some probably), dramatic, action-packed, a different take on the nature of
    time-travel
    etc, with a satisfying ending with closure and beginning both served.

Solid 7/10 next to Infinity War's 8/10 IMO, with both complimenting each other well, but Endgame probably lacks the dramatic impact of the previous movie at first watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Simply perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

the hammer sounds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Dammit, I heard there was nothing and once the signatures were finished I left.
    Did I really miss something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

That was unreal! Loved every minute of it!
    that battle scene isnstill givinf me goosebumps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

I almost never go to midnight screenings but I'm so glad I did for this. Amazing film. Here are some generic spoiler-free thoughts:

- It is genuinely impressive how this film manages to conclude a 22 film narrative with dozens of characters without the script descending into a mess. It really was a Herculean task. But they have completely succeed.

- It may be three hours but wow, the time flew. I looked at my watch at the 2 hour mark and the remaining time felt like 10 minutes. I'd also struggle to see what they could trim. Every scene feels needed and serves some purpose.

- It is hugely entertaining, funny, exciting and poignant - just like all the best MCU movies.

- It also doesn't treat the audience like fools.

- I'd say a decent knowledge of the MCU is required to get the most out of the movie (which is only fair). Some of the film's best and most memorable moments draws on knowledge of events from past movies throughout the series. But this just confirms that the MCU is basically like a Netflix show except each episode is a multimillion dollar movie.

- One of my criticisms of Infinity War was the end battle which felt too chaotic and unstructured from a narrative viewpoint, which is why I preferred the smaller scale fight on Titan as there was a clear objective. No problem with Endgame, all the action serves a definite discrete purpose.

- There are loads of crowdpleasing moments ranging from just a whisper into someone's ear to the use of cool weapons.

- It would have been very unfortunate for Marvel to drop the ball for their Infinity saga finale, but they actually exceeded my expectations. I can't imagine a better conclusion to such an expansive series. There may be massive CGI battles but it never looses its heart.

- This does not reveal any plot details but describes how the audience reacted. I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case
    I've never heard so much sobbing and crying in a screening since the ending of Wall-E

Everyone involved in crafting this movie should be thoroughly proud of themselves. It is an amazing achievement. Audiences couldn't ask for anything more. I remember when The Dark Night came out, people were saying it is a great movie that also happens to be a comic book movie. Exactly the same is true with Endgame.

brevity wrote: »
    the hammer sounds?

Yup, exactly!
    it wraps the entire thing up nicely, whilst giving a lovely tribute to where it all really began with the first Iron Man movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

McDermotX wrote: »
    Solid 7/10 next to Infinity War's 8/10 IMO, with both complimenting each other well, but Endgame probably lacks the dramatic impact of the previous movie at first watch.
    Actually I think Stark's death was equal to the dramatic impact of Infinity War, if not more so. What struck me about that moment is that is wasn't sanitized. When he was dying, he didn't get a chance to say goodbye in person to Pepper or Peter. It wasn't like Spock's death speech for example. Instead, Tony was completely shell shocked. A man most famous for his verbal verbosity unable to speak. It showed the seriousness of his injury, the cost of his sacrifice and the ugliness of death. Really impactful and loads of people in my screening where sobbing quite loudly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

RickBlaine wrote: »
    Actually I think Stark's death was equal to the dramatic impact of Infinity War, if not more so. What struck me about that moment is that is wasn't sanitized. When he was dying, he didn't get a chance to say goodbye in person to Pepper or Peter. It wasn't like Spock's death speech for example. Instead, Tony was completely shell shocked. A man most famous for his verbal verbosity unable to speak. It showed the seriousness of his injury, the cost of his sacrifice and the ugliness of death. Really impactful and loads of people in my screening where sobbing quite loudly.
    Didn't actually have a problem with how his sacrifice was handled, predictable as it was, it was well played out following a fitting reunion with Peter Parker.
    But even still, a post-script from Stark was still required for the audience.

That said, it was well played out, as was the character work
    around his daughter, though less sucessful for me was the meeting with his father, and the less said about Pepper's introduction on the battlefield the better (sometimes it's best to leave the comic books in the store as opposed to the big-screen), but again, it was the only way to get her present for the fateful moment.

Bit ham-fisted in that regard for me, but nothing terminal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement