Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

On this, how did Cap Marvel know where Tony was?! Very disappointed with how 'simple' it seemed to find him?

Yeah it was over and done with very quickly. I'm guessing it was the signal Tony was sending out through his suit and trying to get a message to Pepper. Maybe they could track the signal but didn't have any means of getting to him so Cap.Marvel flew to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RickBlaine wrote: »
    Imagine if someone's wife was lost in the snap and within the five years he moved on, met another woman and got married.

Then the first wife was brought back. From her point of view, no time has passed (based on Peter's chat with Tony). How messed up is that situation.

Yep, pretty messed up. A nice plot point going forward that I hope is touched on.

I really don't need it to be disected and expanded upon too much - you could have it as an issue for some of the characters we have (Peter/Aunt May relationship, for example) but for me it isn't an issue that needs massive focus. Generally, I don't care enough for it to become a central issue the next movies must focus on. Mention it, acknowledge it, understand how it could effect the stories they want to tell, and tell us the cool stories within that context.

I don't need a movie based on the logistical nightmare of billions of people returning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Penn wrote: »
    Yeah it was over and done with very quickly. I'm guessing it was the signal Tony was sending out through his suit and trying to get a message to Pepper. Maybe they could track the signal but didn't have any means of getting to him so Cap.Marvel flew to him.

Rocket might have been able to track the energy signature of the ship, like he did for Thanos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Kirby wrote: »
    The current x-men cast are finished after Dark Phoenix. New actors and stories will be told for the MCU. Wont be the same cast/timeline/universe. The only way that doesn't happen is if the movie does gangbusters. Like over a billion dollars. They might keep it going and sign new contracts if that happens.

It's unlikely to make that much though.

There was a trailer for Dark Phoenix before my showing, and it was very much selling it as the end of this X-Men franchise. It was fitting though, because the trailer started off recognising the 20 year history of the X-movie franchise.
    Yep, pretty messed up. A nice plot point going forward that I hope is touched on.

I really don't need it to be disected and expanded upon too much - you could have it as an issue for some of the characters we have (Peter/Aunt May relationship, for example) but for me it isn't an issue that needs massive focus. Generally, I don't care enough for it to become a central issue the next movies must focus on. Mention it, acknowledge it, understand how it could effect the stories they want to tell, and tell us the cool stories within that context.

I don't need a movie based on the logistical nightmare of billions of people returning.

Definitely not a movie, but it wouldn't be a bad idea for a TV mini-series. Make it about a new version of Damage Control that arises to help people deal with the consequences of 3.5 billion people being suddenly resurrected.

If the rights allowed it, it could be a vehicle to bring some of the Netflix characters into the fold as well, even if it's just secondary characters like Hogarth (haven't seen JJ season 2, so please, no spoilers if that's not possible!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Imagine if someone's wife was lost in the snap and within the five years he moved on, met another woman and got married.

Then the first wife was brought back. From her point of view, no time has passed (based on Peter's chat with Tony). How messed up is that situation.

Very......that's a very messed up situation.....

• Advertisement

You would think that something so significant to the world/universe at large was done with future storylines in mind. Disgruntled lover becomes super villan to get even, alien world pi$$ed of at the Earth for the mess they cause etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That sounds like Clint and Natasha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

I wonder where everyone reappeared after Hulk's snap. Was it where they originally got dusted?

Say you were dusted on a plane, did you reappear in midair? That'd be a tough break - dead, back, splat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

how'd Tony get the stones off thanos glove so quick? you know when he snapped his fingers and nothing happened?

I was wondering that too, but remembered that it was a new "Iron Man Glove" that had the stones, so presumably he can kind of absorb the glove due to the nano tech. We do see it adjusting to Hulk, so not a big leap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Google "Thanos" -> click Gauntlet

Watch for some fun.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Sparko wrote: »
    I wonder where everyone reappeared after Hulk's snap. Was it where they originally got dusted?

Say you were dusted on a plane, did you reappear in midair? That'd be a tough break - dead, back, splat.

Hulk used his will to bring them all back safe and sound in a safe place..... probably?! :D

Thats the issue with what Spiderman said, they re-appeared with no knowledge of anything on Titan and Strange teleported them back to earth. Theres to many plot holes in it, like if you were dusted while driving and the car crashes, do you return to the point of the crash, potentially having millions return to busy roads getting knocked down or as you said, do they return to airplanes, or where they plane was and just fall to their death from 30,00 feet. :pac:

Why didnt Strange, like Wong in Infinity Wars battling the black order, create a teleport that cuts off Thanos arm and just take the arm and gauntlet in one easy move.

The "girls night out" scene (is that what it's being called??) was indeed far too contrived and totally took me out of the story for a while.

All of those female characters were already absolutely kicking ass, through organic storytelling, without this. I've always hated adgenda by committee, it never flows right.

Pepper being in the suit made as much sense as Bruce last time so no issue there at all, to be honest. Especially as Tony made the suit for her and she would know how to use it, even if she didn't want to.

No need whatsoever for Danvers to be in the film, they're pushing her forward too hard. It all feels rushed and reminding me of DC level pushing TBH.

Thor joke went on a bit too long. Amazed they wanted Portman back (or that she agreed to a cameo)

I never got the Hawkeye hate and loved him in this. Really wish that Wanda was allowed to have more of her strength but think that's another victim to Danvers forced appearance.

Carter and Jervis were great to see, pity Coulson et all were not allowed to just appear in the battle. Their show was always more tied to the MCU than netflix shows.

Othen than shoehorning of Danvers and labouring Thor's "joke" (honestly it should have been much more somber with an alcoholic broken and traumatised warrior) it was great and I loved it.

From Banner's comment that he tried to bring Natasha back, I'd guess he also tried to bring everyone back safely. The same way he seems to have brought everyone back in what they were wearing at the time, unless Parker had another Spidey Armour lying around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

NuMarvel wrote:
    From Banner's comment that he tried to bring Natasha back, I'd guess he also tried to bring everyone back safely. The same way he seems to have brought everyone back in what they were wearing at the time, unless Parker had another Spidey Armour lying around.

"those avengers were in the nip!!"

I guess although Loki escaped with the Tesseract, it won't impact on the 'real' timeline, as he is only loose in that one?
    Will that be the jumping off point for the Disney series with him? Might be set in alternative time line to avoid conflict with MCU

Thor looks set to continue in the MCU in GotG 3.
    Dr Strange, Black Panther and C.Marvel sequels also due but with the Spiderman deal with Sony finishing with July's movie, they will have to introduce a few more characters soon ish I would think? No dates set yet for the intro of the Eternals and Shang chi?
    Two Marvel releases due 2020 so probably the Black Widow movie that now looks to be Scarlett's Swan song from the MCU and ??

F4 should be easy enough to introduce, X-Men a bigger task and Feige(?) Has already said they won't be seen anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

paulbok wrote:
    I guess although Loki escaped with the Tesseract, it won't impact on the 'real' timeline, as he is only loose in that one? Will that be the jumping off point for the Disney series with him? Might be set in alternative time line to avoid conflict with MCU

It can be both. He can both have died and still be alive. Just like Gamora.

The issue with Captain Marvel for me is her main part to play in the film was to bring Stark home and then aid in the killing off Thanos within the first act, she then of course went off for 5 years and done her own thing and returned to destroy Thanos ship in the future which was a huge saving grace for the team but was taken out of it by Thanos easy enough after it.

I know they dial up and down superhero power as they see fit but Thanos was severely over powered without the gauntlet this time around, subsequently they nerfed the powers of Thor to the point of him being in the film was to serve as the brunt of the jokes. You surely cant wield two weapons like Storm Breaker and Mjolnir and get beaten by a non gauntlet wearing Thanos. I didnt buy Professor Hulk either, I know towards the end of A:IW Bruce says they've to work this out but it didnt fell right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The issue with Captain Marvel for me is her main part to play in the film was to bring Stark home and then aid in the killing off Thanos within the first act, she then of course went off for 5 years and done her own thing and returned to destroy Thanos ship in the future which was a huge saving grace for the team but was taken out of it by Thanos easy enough after it.

I know they dial up and down superhero power as they see fit but Thanos was severely over powered without the gauntlet this time around, subsequently they nerfed the powers of Thor to the point of him being in the film was to serve as the brunt of the jokes. You surely cant wield two weapons like Storm Breaker and Mjolnir and get beaten by a non gauntlet wearing Thanos. I didnt buy Professor Hulk either, I know towards the end of A:IW Bruce says they've to work this out but it didnt fell right.

i guess the interesting thing with captain marvel is she keeps saying hey lads the universe is much bigger than you guys.. so i guess its implying theres a ton of scope out there..

my worry would be now that with thanos story been done, ultron, loki, ronan etc.. is there enough left in the comic books for major story lines going forward? Im not a comic book person but id have expected them to take the 'best' stories and use them first which makes me a little concerned for what comes next.. are we at the point where its new stories that arent even in the comic books?

Im keep thinking oh crap tony is dead and cap, but they still have most the lineup there.. i suspect the kid from iron man 3 will be the new iron man.. much like nolan was setting up john blake in the dark knight rises..

capt is tougher sell for me.. he was always about the super strength he received from the syrum.. i enjoy falcon as a charactor but he's no capt..

at the end of the day natasha and clint as really just very good assasins.. they could be replaced easily enough.. we watched ultron the other night and i remember watching it in the cinema thinking clint was going to die.. they set it up over and over only for him to avoid it..

when will there be more details on the next phase? whats the next big d23 or whatever its called..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Whenever Thor was on screen, I could only see fat Haley Joel Osment from 'Silicon Valley'..

osment.0.jpg

• Advertisement

I do think they over powered Thanos here but it worked well with Brolin's portrayal this time around which was much more menacing and hateful than in Infinity War.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Thor joke went on a bit too long. Amazed they wanted Portman back (or that she agreed to a cameo)

Not entirely sure she did return, though maybe there's an interview with her stating otherwise (she was certainly at one of the premieres), but her scene had all the hallmarks of a Thor Dark World deleted scene (there's one very similar of her waking up on Asgard).

No interaction with any cast (story wise not an issue), the shot of Rocket could have had a body double walking across the frame as he appeared out of hiding etc

Maybe we'll find out in time or when the footage is compared.

These are more points as to why I didn't enjoy the movie as much as IW.
    Now all the Marvel movies had such, I won't call them exactly plot holes, but plot pot-holes that bump you out of following the flow of the story. IW had them (e.g. why didn't they use a Dr strange portal to chop the gauntlet off), but not that many as there are, for me, in this film.

Pter wrote: »
    It can be both. He can both have died and still be alive. Just like Gamora.

Schrodinger's Loki

At the funeral scene at the end, they panned through the cast, towards the back I think it went from Clint's family, to Wanda, Sam and someone else, then before Captain Marvel on the steps it paused for a sec on a teenager, not Peter Parker and then onto 2 adults in front of the porch deck.
    Anyone spot who they all were?

Edit: looked it up and the teenager is Harley Keener, the kid from IM 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

paulbok wrote: »
    At the funeral scene at the end, they panned through the cast, towards the back I think it went from Clint's family, to Wanda, Sam and someone else, then before Captain Marvel on the steps it paused for a sec on a teenager, not Peter Parker and then onto 2 adults in front of the porch deck.

The teen was the kid from iron Man 3

Teenager was the young fella from IM3 - had to Google that one myself. The two adults behind him were General Ross and Maria Hill if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The kid was from Iron Man 3. 2 Adults one was Thunderbolt Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Sorry if this has been brought up, haven't read the thread, the thing that seems a bit heavy to me for this type of movie, is the massive massive loss of life that still occurred after the snappening, even after the snap was undone.

Tony says to Banner, "Remember, bring the all the smoked back to now, don't undo anything in the last 5 years." I think this would have been a good point for the directors to put in a handwavey comment along the lines of "You can completely undo the last 5 years, the stones with remove you from paradoxes" or something along those line.

If you take the smoked out of consideration, the death toll, on earth alone most have been in the 100's of 1000's. Plane/Train crashes, Nuclear power plant explosions, government's topling, subsequent war\famines etc etc. Thats just on earth, this was a universe wide occurrence as characters kept reminding us.

• Advertisement

Was Cumberbatch actually there for the funeral. Looked like the worst, static, and badly graded overlay I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

went to see this yesterday with the kids and really enjoyed it. Yes, I'm confused over how those snapped stayed the same age, whilst antman's daughter aged 5 years, but i'm hopeful this will be explained better in future movies.

Cannot wait for the asgardians of the galaxy movie.

a solid 9/10.

Well done to RDJ. He looked great at the beginning as the weak/dying Tony. Hopefully he's the only stark to die this weekend.

Everyone giving out about Tony only agreeing to the task, if last 5 years not undone.

I have kids and I'd say "Fu#k your timeline" if someone asked me to do that, totally accept his stance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

dusty bin wrote: »
    went to see this yesterday with the kids and really enjoyed it. Yes, I'm confused over how those snapped stayed the same age, whilst antman's daughter aged 5 years, but i'm hopeful this will be explained better in future movies.

Cannot wait for the asgardians of the galaxy movie.

a solid 9/10.

Well done to RDJ. He looked great at the beginning as the weak/dying Tony. Hopefully he's the only stark to die this weekend.

Cassie wasn't snapped, she lived for 5 years and grew naturally.

Was Cumberbatch actually there for the funeral. Looked like the worst, static, and badly graded overlay I've seen.

Yeah, but in a regular suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Cassie wasn't snapped, she lived for 5 years and grew naturally at least 10-12.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

Cassie wasn't snapped, she lived for 5 years and grew naturally.

yeah, I understand that she wasnt snapped. whats confusing is having cassie be the same age (thereabouts) as spiderman now going forward. Would pregnant women who were snapped, remain pregnant 5 years on?

What if two highschool sweethearts were seperated by the snap? One could be 15 whilst the other now 20. How they are going to explain that going forward will be intersting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

yeah, I understand that she wasnt snapped. whats confusing is having cassie be the same age (thereabouts) as spiderman now going forward. Would pregnant women who were snapped, remain pregnant 5 years on?

What if two highschool sweethearts were seperated by the snap? One could be 15 whilst the other now 20. How they are going to explain that going forward will be intersting.

Anybody snapped didn't move forward in time by 5 years, they've been 'suspended' in the Soul Stone.

Fair questions.....just another reason I hate time travel. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Sorry if this has been brought up, haven't read the thread, the thing that seems a bit heavy to me for this type of movie, is the massive massive loss of life that still occurred after the snappening, even after the snap was undone.

Tony says to Banner, "Remember, bring the all the smoked back to now, don't undo anything in the last 5 years." I think this would have been a good point for the directors to put in a handwavey comment along the lines of "You can completely undo the last 5 years, the stones with remove you from paradoxes" or something along those line.

If you take the smoked out of consideration, the death toll, on earth alone most have been in the 100's of 1000's. Plane/Train crashes, Nuclear power plant explosions, government's topling, subsequent war\famines etc etc. Thats just on earth, this was a universe wide occurrence as characters kept reminding us.

tbf, on the time travel stuff, it was a bit vague and kind of a cheat. They could do any action the wanted in the past and it wouldnt effect the present in any way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Still haven't seen Black Panther and didn't see Captain Overkill neither can't wait for a southern Mutant to come along and kick her over brooding ass. Get it done Disney.

Rollercoaster of a movie cementing Barton's turn in the opening scene was so captivating Thor Hulk and Tony's character development was shocking I expected more deaths, the lift scene was an extremely satisfying Easter egg as was Thor's roommates. A lot of plot holes and too much tying up of loose ends for guardians related stuff but Star Lord getting his groove on my god that was epic. Good way to spend 3+ hours I'll wanna see it again but more likely with Infinity War first as trying to remember some of the scenes was hard.

Following this post is harder than following the time travel logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Ya giggled it after great grand niece. I was reacting to some posts of Captain tapping her earlier as if she is his daughter

They kissed briefly in Civil War, when was he tapping her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

tbf, on the time travel stuff, it was a bit vague and kind of a cheat. They could do any action the wanted in the past and it wouldnt effect the present in any way...

except stay in the past and reappear in the future.
    I need to sit down somewhere quiet and puzzle it out :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

A nice easter egg for everyone:

Go to google
    type in Thanos
    click the infinity gauntlet
    see what happens ;)

How does this impact agents of Shield?
    They going to be post Thanos snap or post Hulk Snap?

McDermotX wrote: »
    Not entirely sure she did return, though maybe there's an interview with her stating otherwise (she was certainly at one of the premieres), but her scene had all the hallmarks of a Thor Dark World deleted scene (there's one very similar of her waking up on Asgard).

No interaction with any cast (story wise not an issue), the shot of Rocket could have had a body double walking across the frame as he appeared out of hiding etc

Maybe we'll find out in time or when the footage is compared.

Unused footage from Dark World would make the most sense. Especially given the size of her role here, and Portman's resistance to appearing in the previous Avengers movies.

Google "Thanos" -> click Gauntlet

Watch for some fun.

:pac:
    5star02707 wrote: »
    A nice easter egg for everyone:

Go to google
    type in Thanos
    click the infinity gauntlet
    see what happens ;)

I present to you the time stone. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah i would have thought Janes scene was just reused/unused footage from Thor 2, her role is that small with zero interaction, its hard to believe it would be new footage :confused:

nix wrote: »
    Yeah i would have thought Janes scene was just reused/unused footage from Thor 2, her role is that small with zero interaction, its hard to believe it would be new footage :confused:

Aye it's reused footage with digital inserts.

Thinking back as I go and another plot hole is Nebula in the future knowing about Gamora and the soul stone and what you had to do to retrieve it.

Clint and Nath are both sent to get it but when Redskull explains to them what you need to do in order to get the stone, theyre both perplexed and shcoked.

Now, Nebula and I'm assuming Stark knows about it as they were on Titan when Thanos returned without Gamora and survived the snap there together so they must have talked about it but never filled the others in, even Hulk when Clint comes back and Nath doesnt, is clueless to it.

Had any other team been paired to get the soul stone other than Clint and Nath the mission would have been a bust given what you had to sacrifice.

Surely Nebula or Stark should have mentioned it to the team before hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

I wonder was Aunt May snapped or did she spend 5 years mourning Peter. It will probably be address in Far From Home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement