Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I get the impression the fat Thor jokes couldn't be helped given ragnorak was filmed roughly around the same time as this film. It was an interesting take but, as others pointed out, they kind of screwed King Thor here.

Slight correction for emphasis. There have been a couple of commenters mention their daughters thought the bit was cool, neither seem to have paused much to consider whether their hot take on the "misstep" is in any way proportionate.

This comment took longer than I thought.
    You do know that the people you are bashing here are the same ones who have been calling for a Black Widow film for years and are the same who initially cheered the announcement of a Cap Marvel film?

Amazing the way superman never gets the same complaints about being unnecessary or spoiling a film due to being "overpowered" only a female captain marvel.

Are you serious??
    It's his primary complaint for decades! Particularly in the (terrible) JL film. He turns up and whoops Stempenwolf's ass, when the entire rest of the team were beaten

I’ll just say this: this whole bloody movie is pandering :pac:

It’s an endless stream of fan service, cameos, callbacks, references, winks and nods. There’s 30-odd seconds, in a 180 minute film, where the women group up to kick some ass. Is it silly and contrived? Absolutely. It hardly makes up for the franchise’s weak record in giving its female stars their due. But it’s a film where the Hulk is a glasses-wearing nerd, there’s an alien rock monster with a New Zealand accent playing Fortnite, and a (final) completely unnecessary Stan Lee cameo (RIP to him and all, but his scenes throughout the MCU are the ultimate case of pulling the viewer right out of the story). If a few young girls or boys get a kick out of finally seeing the Marvel women team up for a couple of seconds, that’s the most important thing :)

Have them team up but for feck sake can they not be so cack handed about it? Everyone loves each of those characters already (Captain Marvel is a coin flip admittedly) but they ruined it.

I don't remember anyone giving out stink about Widow, Okoye, and Witch absolutely owning it in Infinity War together, do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I saw a couple of interviews with her with Thor/War Machine and Hawkeye and it was clear they don't like her. The interviews were so awkward and uncomfortable.

Jealousy is a terrible thing. Why do they not like her?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    One huge gripe i have is not with the film but people in the cinema.
    There were a load young kids in my viewing, i thought **** here we go so sat in the middle beside some indian family.......not a peep out of the any of the kids there, they were glued to the screen.

But this ****ing family, the husband would not shut the **** up. On the phones, talking to each other in indian.

There was a person behind me who must have had a bumper packet of crisps. Everytime there was a quiet moment all I could hear was the rustling of the fecking crisp packet.

Funny anecdote: I went into the Cinema and to my horror right in front of me, is a row of 5-6 14 year old girls. And I thought "Sh1te, they'll chatter all through the movie". It was a 3-d viewing which is all I could get and the ads came on but the ads were just in green and purple. At first I thought thats the way the ads were meant to look, but a few minutes in, it was obvious it wasn't how it was meant to be. One of the girls in front of me stands up and the others go "where are you going?" and she replies "This isn't what I paid for!". She comes back a few minutes later with the steward who tells us its a technical issue and they are working to fix it. It took about 30 minutes for them to fix it, but they did, but I have to hand it to that girl for her action and by extension, her friends, they never made a sound during the movie.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and will go to see it again, but I think it was too long by about 30 minutes. At the start it felt like it took a while to get going and the last 15 minutes or so dragged on a bit. Otherwise, 10/10.

Also, I watched it in 3-D. I'm not a fan usually, but it was the best 3-D rendering I've seen so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

THe nebula in the second half of the movie is the 'evil' nebula from the past. the present day one never returns (kinda sad that, hadn't thought of it.)

Cap America was worthy. that is why he could weild the hammer. It was hinted at in Age of Ultron.

The nebula in the second half of the movie is the 'evil' nebula from the past. the present day one never returns (kinda sad that, hadn't thought of it.)

Just remembering that scene now. She does return gets Gomara to fight as well and as said by another poster shoots evil past version Nebula just before she try's to shoot Gomara.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Sexism is a funny thing.. guys are upset about the female empowerment scene and my wife was upset about fat Thor.. she wanted shredded Thor... I've non-issue with the female hero scene.. why not.. it's like having a group together you might as well make the most of it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Jesus lads, ut was a 30second clip in a 3 hour movie.
    In the grand scheme of things ot was nothing compared to the awesome battle.
    They all played an integral part to the solo films leading up to this. I liked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

I’ll just say this: this whole bloody movie is pandering :pac:

It’s an endless stream of fan service, cameos, callbacks, references, winks and nods. There’s 30-odd seconds, in a 180 minute film, where the women group up to kick some ass. Is it silly and contrived? Absolutely. It hardly makes up for the franchise’s weak record in giving its female stars their due. But it’s a film where the Hulk is a glasses-wearing nerd, there’s an alien rock monster with a New Zealand accent playing Fortnite, and a (final) completely unnecessary Stan Lee cameo (RIP to him and all, but his scenes throughout the MCU are the ultimate case of pulling the viewer right out of the story). If a few young girls or boys get a kick out of finally seeing the Marvel women team up for a couple of seconds, that’s the most important thing :)

It's funny you mention that. I saw Endgame at a midnight screening on opening night. The screen was packed with a really enthusiastic and engaged crowd. They cheered, applauded and cried at all the right moments. Clearly die hard fans. But the Stan Lee cameo got practically no reaction.

I don't mind the concept of having Lee cameo in each MCU movie, but I think it should have been more like Hitchcock's cameos - more subtle and in the background.

RickBlaine wrote: »
    It's funny you mention that. I saw Endgame at a midnight screening on opening night. The screen was packed with a really enthusiastic and engaged crowd. They cheered, applauded and cried at all the right moments. Clearly die hard fans. But the Stan Lee cameo got practically no reaction.

I don't mind the concept of having Lee cameo in each MCU movie, but I think it should have been more like Hitchcock's cameos - more subtle and in the background.

I like seeing lee as he should be in the cameos. For instance, i remember age of ultron where his cameo got a lot of laughs from drinking thors flask of asgarding booze, then being carried out

He is mr marvel and its right that they pay homage to the man that created all this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

McDermotX wrote: »

Solid 7/10 next to Infinity War's 8/10 IMO, with both complimenting each other well, but Endgame probably lacks the dramatic impact of the previous movie at first watch.

Whoops !

Second viewing.

Whip a mark off that.

6/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

Went to see it and loved it but didn’t get one part.

In Infinity Wars Thanos clicked his fingers to wipe out half of all living creatures.

In this movie Hulk clicked his fingers to bring the half back again

Then Tony Stark seem to be able to select who he wiped out when he clicked his fingers.

So if that was possible Why didn’t Thanos wipe out all threats to him in the first click

Just to go back to this point it's addressed in Infinity War, Thanos says

"....Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution."
    "Genocide?" "At random. Dispassionate, fair. The rich and poor alike.

He stuck with this random selection with the snap. Endgame shows that he regrets that choice as the survivors aren't grateful for their lives and seek not to move forward but to recover what they lost.

Anyone else get confused for a second.

The bit where cap is in the elevator with romlow(?) and the hydra lads.
    It brought me right back to winter soilder to that same scene where cap is in the elevator with the same guys and i was thinking they didnt have the tesseract in winter soilder.

Took me out of it for a second, until i realised there in the avengers tower.
    Seemed like that was cheap shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Whoops !

Second viewing.

Whip a mark off that.

6/10.

What made you downgrade?

I’m bringing the kids to it on Sunday and was hoping I might enjoy it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

The rat was the true hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Anyone else get confused for a second.

The bit where cap is in the elevator with romlow(?) and the hydra lads.
    It brought me right back to winter soilder to that same scene where cap is in the elevator with the same guys and i was thinking they didnt have the tesseract in winter soilder.

Took me out of it for a second, until i realised there in the avengers tower.
    Seemed like that was cheap shot

I really liked that scene, because it played off against expectations. Everyone's watching and thinking this is going to be a redo of the elevator fight, and Cap wins with just two words and not a single punch thrown.

Clips are starting to bleed online .....didn't notice on my viewing how restless Mantis looked at Tony's funeral. Nicely done.

Clips are starting to bleed online .....didn't notice on my viewing how restless Mantis looked at Tony's funeral. Nicely done.

Who was the guy behind the guardians but in front of ross. I still cant figure it out

Who was the guy behind the guardians but in front of ross. I still cant figure it out

That's the kid from IM3. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

NuMarvel wrote: »
    I really liked that scene, because it played off against expectations. Everyone's watching and thinking this is going to be a redo of the elevator fight, and Cap wins with just two words and not a single punch thrown.

Me too, that was a great scene. Hail Hydra! They didn’t know what was going on!!

• Advertisement

That's the kid from IM3. :)

Ha no way really, that was an odd inclusion

Drumpot wrote: »
    What made you downgrade?

I’m bringing the kids to it on Sunday and was hoping I might enjoy it more.

Leaving aside the already much discussed stupid moments, fan pandering and, yes, a single moment of ridiculous tokenism, the overall tone is even more frustrating the second time round for me unfortunately, and of far more importance.

Far, far too light-hearted given its setup in the MCU and Infinity War with the movie-length 'Thor joke' wearing out it's welcome much sooner than before. The Russo's slight of hand regarding time-travel, and their sloppy, overt attempt to circumvent not only the audience's understanding, but also contriving to brush the mess under the carpet in the final 10mins just doesn't work for me, and struggles for structural believability even in a superhero movie.
    That's their choice, so fair enough, but it barely holds water on second viewing IMO.

Thats not to say there aren't some great moments, of course there are, but they are far more isolated on repeat viewing, and it's hard not to feel some disappointment with the overall package.
    Not IM3/Dark World/ Black Panther bad, but a far cry from the heights of Winter Soldier. Stuck in the middle of the pack for me.

Leaving aside the already much discussed stupid moments, fan pandering and, yes, a single moment of ridiculous tokenism, the overall tone is even more frustrating the second time round for me unfortunately, and of far more importance.

Far, far too light-hearted given its setup in the MCU and Infinity War with the movie-length 'Thor joke' wearing out it's welcome much sooner than before. The Russo's slight of hand regarding time-travel, and their sloppy, overt attempt to circumvent not only the audience's understanding, but also contriving to brush the mess under the carpet in the final 10mins just doesn't work for me, and struggles for structural believability even in a superhero movie.
    That's their choice, so fair enough, but it barely holds water on second viewing IMO.

Thats not to say there aren't some great moments, of course there are, but they are far more isolated on repeat viewing, and it's hard not to feel some disappointment with the overall package.
    Not IM3/Dark World/ Black Panther bad, but a far cry from the heights of Winter Soldier. Stuck in the middle of the pack for me.

IW for sure felt a lot "darker" maybe in terms of theme but imo that because we were introduced to the best marvel villian on film so it carries weight.
    But to be fair, it did feel very jokey.
    It'll be a interesting watch when we can watch IW and Endgame on dvd straight after each other.

For me its like Lord of The Rings. Seen them all in the cinema, loved every minute of it. Byt the fellowship is my go to movie of the trio as i enjoy it more.
    IW will hold that rate compared to Endgame for me ao far in regatds to the two films.

Im seeing it again tomorrow for the second time in a better cinema so that view might change yet.

Im seeing it again tomorrow for the second time in a better cinema so that view might change yet.

If you are AidoEirE,
    Keep an eye out for the moment when Hank Pym gets the phonecall from Rodgers and runs out into the corridor.

Thought I glimpsed Arnim Zola on the right side of the shot, but might be imagining it. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

NuMarvel wrote: »

I was SO FREAKING PUMPED for an encore fight, too! In a weird way I was both disappointed and impressed with how he handled it.

Yet in another way I wonder how that will actually affect that timeline's Winter Soldier events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

USA money still hasn't started to be counted yet but so far..

Day 2: $305 Million
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel2019.htm

Now at position 7 on the 2019 board:
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?view2=worldwide&yr=2019&p=.htm

Also now showing on the All-Time Worldwide. Position 452:
    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/?pagenum=5&p=.htm
    Slydice wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

THe nebula in the second half of the movie is the 'evil' nebula from the past. the present day one never returns (kinda sad that, hadn't thought of it.)

Eh?

You might have missed something: 2014/Evil Nebula comes back through the quantum tunnel alone/with the rest of the Avengers, but the 2023/Good Nebula (and 2014 Gamora) come through the quantum tunnel aboard the Sanctuary II (Thanos' mothership), which is brought through (somehow she got 2 Time/Space GPS?) by Evil Nebula.
    paulbok wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is 'offended' that there are women in that scene, just in the manner it occurred. It felt unnatural in the overall battle scene, and very deliberate and to me looked like "get all the girleens together for a shot" tokenism.
    Indeed it felt like the gratuitous US Flag shots that were imposed on the original Spiderman trilogy.

spid.jpg

But again in another way it's a fitting 'fck you' to online misogyny trolls. And yes there were a lot of panders, most of them however didn't seem as unnatural as that.
    paulbok wrote: »
    Yep. In IW there was an all female scene with Scarlet Witch, Okoye and Black Widow vrs Proxima Midnight that was well done and completely fitted into the flow of the battle scene.

Basically this. This was a lot easier to control and felt like a natural progression of the fight, vs. the shot we get in Endgame that includes a lot of characters who were already in the battle elsewhere somehow all perfectly gathered en masse for the superhero poses? Just felt off in that regard. They could have spent a little more time with this and done more of a 'spread' shot, like the first avengers, would have been a bit more submersive and still accomplish the Girl Power motif:

By contrast even to that ^ the Ultron circular spread shot was very contrived, you know?

Why didnt nebula tell everyone on how to get the soul stone, as in a life a life.
    I don't think she connected the dots, I don't think any of them did. Just that she somehow perished on Vormir during the collection of the soulstone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Well that was.......FOOKING AWESOME!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I really loved that John Favreau had his little moment at the end as he was a huge part of bringing the MCU to screen.

• Advertisement

I really loved that John Favreau had his little moment at the end as he was a huge part of bringing the MCU to screen.

All the cheeseburgers

All credit to Alan Silvestri; he's crafted an almighty score over a number of films. His Avengers theme and the variations are right up there with the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Overheal wrote: »
    I was SO FREAKING PUMPED for an encore fight, too! In a weird way I was both disappointed and impressed with how he handled it.

Yet in another way I wonder how that will actually affect that timeline's Winter Soldier events.

My thinking is that given how Loki escapes for a while and how even 2012-Cap thought Future-Cap must have been Loki, the Hydra guys must then assume the Cap from the elevator was actually Loki too.

The whole Loki thing will be interesting to see how they resolve it. If it does lead into the Loki Disney+ show, it's almost a bit of a bummer that that's the version of Loki we'll be getting, without the character changes he went through as a result of Thor Ragnarok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

What was the noise in the post credits? Something to do with Tony Stark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will the Black Widow solo film be an origin story for Nat now?

Which is something we don't really need since she has been in 8 of the films so far without it.

For one of the major characters of the MCU her death was very throwaway considering how important it was to story I felt.

I wouldn't have minded it being a throwaway death if they had done the same with Stark and not given Cap his walkaway from the MCU.

Black Widow/Nat deserved more than just Hawkeye and Wanda hugging it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Which is something we don't really need since she has been in 8 of the films so far without it.

For one of the major characters of the MCU her death was very throwaway considering how important it was to story I felt.

I wouldn't have minded it being a throwaway death if they had done the same with Stark and not given Cap his walkaway from the MCU.

I really hope it's not an origin story. They are always so restricted in what they can do.

One "out" they have is that taking the soul stone requires a sacrifice. Perhaps Cap putting it back undoes the sacrifice? Just spitballing here but if I was to helm a black widow solo movie, it's the path I would take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Slydice wrote: »
    We can still have a Captain America at the end, but either he also came back from his original Universe or maybe he's an imposter.
    Loki on the 11th floor. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

GavRedKing wrote: »
    He has to go back to a military base under lock down to return the tesseract to a highly secure area where they were looking for a person matching his description.
    1. He now knows exactly where to go, so can be in and out very quickly.
    2. He has Peggy to vouch for him.

AMKC wrote: »

Probably the same reason Olsen doesn't but you'll have to ask them why

Yeah.
    She's been there since IM2, been a fan favourite, cause of major backlash about not having her own film, and got relegated to Vision levels of send-off.
    Now I love me some Vision and think Bettany was excellent but he only came in half way through Ultron.

The MCU developed as much with Nat as with Cap/IM

Victor wrote: »
    1. He now knows exactly where to go, so can be in and out very quickly.
    2. He has Peggy to vouch for him.

He could have Peggy do it?

F*Ck ABC for cancelling Agent Carter anyway.

• Advertisement

Foxtrol wrote: »
    They didn’t need this shot, but they didn’t need the other clearly forced group shots either. They’re all there as ‘f*ck yeah’ moments and though this one might not resonate for you, I’m sure it did for many (especially a group that has been grossly underrepresented by the MCU thus far).

I don’t disagree with most of your points, I just feel the consistency of the complaints is over the top and a sign of hypersensitivity we see from a lot of people when it comes to blockbusters these days.

The women were already destroying it on screen, none of the other group shots were laboured in such a way.
    Nobody is complaining that Wanda completely owned Thanos, people cheered (personally would have loved her to strike the killing blow on Thanos given, from her point of view, him killing Vision has JUST happened, but it was Tony's way out).

The "how and when" is the balls, not about resonating. It jarred against the story, indeed much like the Spidey flag waving nonsense.
    They can and should sell the message better (they were selling it better to be fair)
    I've been part of project teams with marketing and conceptual designers and yeah it prob has made me much more cynical, listening to them talk about "Hank" the target customer. I can just picture the circle jerk, in the room, story telling be damned.

The Wakandans coming through the portal got major approval from the 15 or so black people behind me because it was timed well, integrated well, flowed well, and the Wakandans are awesome. That row wasn't the only row going "fu*k yeah" even though it was targetted directly at them, everyone loved it.

So yeah, a 10 second slot can bug me. Because it broke me out of the story and I'm a cynical f*ck who thinks that those female characters deserve more effort

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Kirby wrote: »
    I really hope it's not an origin story. They are always so restricted in what they can do.

One "out" they have is that taking the soul stone requires a sacrifice. Perhaps Cap putting it back undoes the sacrifice? Just spitballing here but if I was to helm a black widow solo movie, it's the path I would take.

I don't think it's an origin story as such, but rather about what causes her to split from the Black Widow programme and what she does to cause the red in her ledger. I think that could be quite an interesting story to follow, and word is it might even go 18s and be more bloody and adult than the rest of the MCU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Really a good film and the best testament to that if how quickly those near 3 hours just pass by so effortlessly. A fitting end to a number of character arcs too.

If I had to moan about the film, I thought the first two acts were incredibly well done, but the third descended into the usual CGI-vomit that really lacked any sense of proper character or visual flair. Still entertaining mind, but it felt a bit soul-less and there was no real weight to most of it.

My biggest complaint now is that with Stark and Rogers gone, my enthusiasm for the next phase of the MCU has seriously declined. It's been a blast to follow this story arc and it couldn't last forever, but they'll be sorely missed and they were a major part of the glue holding the whole thing together. Would still be interested in GOTG3 and other linked movies, but the next wave...less so.

Some of my other thoughts/questions:

Washed up bum Thor was genuinely a riot. I seriously admire their commitment to it as well, was expecting some magical transformation but nope. Right to the end, an intensely likable beer swilling homeless vagrant. I loved it but can see why it wouldn't be for everyone to be fair.

Falcon as Captain America? What am I missing? Putting aside that Anthony Mackie/Falcon has the charisma and screen presence of a baked potato, what made Rogers Captain America was surely the super serum? Just a normal dude who usually rocks a jetpack donning the shield seems way off to me and most definitely not thrilled with the choice of actor/character.

Rogers going back in time and predictably staying there. What I don't get - and I know it's not wise to get too bogged down in the deeper questions of a 'time heist' movie....surely there would've been another Rogers still existing in that time waiting to be discovered in ice? What happened that Rogers? And surely everyone would know Peggy Carters husband was Captain America, unless he lived his life in a basement? This had me scratching my head.

Was afraid Captain Marvel was going to show up and save the day without lifting a finger. How they used her in the movie and the end-act was, to my relief, perfectly fine and she simply did her bit like the rest of them.

Not going to dwell on this too much but it seemed a bit all over the place in how it just randomly altered peoples previously established powers/abilities for plot convenience. Thor wielding two weapons and being unable to best Thanos without the gauntlet?

Paul Rudd was just great. Brilliant comic timing.

The whole scene in the Avengers Tower, particularly the clever Rogers v Rogers scenario attributable to Loki, and the absolutely amazing elevator scene with Crossbones. Even the subtle brilliance in that whole section...the way 2012 Rogers was slouched on the floor after being knocked out and his future self furtively glancing at his ass.

Overall I'm not disappointed. It's not a perfect movie or even the best Avengers movie but I have to admire how they managed to bring together 21 previous films in such a meaningful, satisfying way. Honestly, just compare that to the utter disaster and unholy mess that is the DCU with far, far less movies produced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

All credit to Alan Silvestri; he's crafted an almighty score over a number of films. His Avengers theme and the variations are right up there with the best.

To be fair, we've had some pretty decent composers across many of the MCU cinema and television outings.
    Ramin Djawadi, Brian Tyler (who composed the current Marvel fanfare, Patrick Doyle, James Gunn compiling the Awesome Mix and over on TV Bear McCreavey, John Paesano and Trevor Morris to name a few.
    Marvel music is epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

The women were already destroying it on screen, none of the other group shots were laboured in such a way.
    Nobody is complaining that Wanda completely owned Thanos, people cheered (personally would have loved her to strike the killing blow on Thanos given, from her point of view, him killing Vision has JUST happened, but it was Tony's way out).

The "how and when" is the balls, not about resonating. It jarred against the story, indeed much like the Spidey flag waving nonsense.
    They can and should sell the message better (they were selling it better to be fair)
    I've been part of project teams with marketing and conceptual designers and yeah it prob has made me much more cynical, listening to them talk about "Hank" the target customer. I can just picture the circle jerk, in the room, story telling be damned.

The Wakandans coming through the portal got major approval from the 15 or so black people behind me because it was timed well, integrated well, flowed well, and the Wakandans are awesome. That row wasn't the only row going "fu*k yeah" even though it was targetted directly at them, everyone loved it.

So yeah, a 10 second slot can bug me. Because it broke me out of the story and I'm a cynical f*ck who thinks that those female characters deserve more effort

I think the majority here are in agreement, the sentiment was good but the execution was poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

RickBlaine wrote: »
    Imagine if someone's wife was lost in the snap and within the five years he moved on, met another woman and got married.

Then the first wife was brought back. From her point of view, no time has passed (based on Peter's chat with Tony). How messed up is that situation.

Castaway?

Sparko wrote: »
    I wonder where everyone reappeared after Hulk's snap. Was it where they originally got dusted?

Say you were dusted on a plane, did you reappear in midair? That'd be a tough break - dead, back, splat.

What if you werent dusted but the pilots were and you died in the crash. Harsh.

Ha. As much as I did enjoy it at the time, they've really ****ed up the franchise going forward with all the time travel and ambiguity.

It's definitely a great popcorn film and a great END, but as a film to reflect on or as a launchpad for a new generation of films, it's absolute gash.

So in caps altered timeline he goes back in time spends life with Peggy.. does she still get Alzheimer's or perhaps they have kids and one or those kids gets caps powers..

Maybe Sam is their kid ............. :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

AMKC wrote: »
    She's got the personality of a cactus. Very prickly and nothing to be jealous of.

• Advertisement
Advertisement