If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha RXV585/685

Options
  • 07-12-2018 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭

Not sure if there's an issue with PMs as two enquiries re this have gone unresponded, so putting it here instead.....

I bought a surround setup from you a few years ago - a Denon 1910 and Monitor Audio Vector etc. It's gone sadly underused I'm afraid, in part because the Denon was just so bloody complicated! At the moment everything is put away but I'm looking at setting the speakers up again (wiring still in place) and getting going again. This 4k age will require a new receiver though (I have a 4k TV)! 

I'm looking at the Yamaha RXV585. This is listed with you guys at £449 but I'm wondering if you'll price match Peter Tyson? They (along with a few other retailers) have it at £379 inclusive of a 3 year warranty, Amazon Echo Dot, and supposedly premium HDMI cable. Main difference from you is your warranty is six years (Superfi also do it at the same price with a 5 year warranty) - the Echo Dot is actually 'worth it' to me as I have one on backorder until Jan with Amazon, which could be cancelled if bundled with receiver. Delivery to ROI as well (presumably at your standard £6.99).

If there were a rollicking deal to be had on an open box model etc, I would also be interested in the RXV685 for a tad more future proofing. Finally, I'd be interested in how you think the 585 stacks up against the Pioneer VSX933 - seems to be very little difference in specs, but the Alexa capability of the Yamaha would be a bonus.

Thanks!

PS I presume there's no relevant trade in promotions at the moment? Could do with getting shot of the Denon......

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Not sure if there's an issue with PMs as two enquiries re this have gone unresponded, so putting it here instead.....

I bought a surround setup from you a few years ago - a Denon 1910 and Monitor Audio Vector etc. It's gone sadly underused I'm afraid, in part because the Denon was just so bloody complicated! At the moment everything is put away but I'm looking at setting the speakers up again (wiring still in place) and getting going again. This 4k age will require a new receiver though (I have a 4k TV)! 

I'm looking at the Yamaha RXV585. This is listed with you guys at £449 but I'm wondering if you'll price match Peter Tyson? They (along with a few other retailers) have it at £379 inclusive of a 3 year warranty, Amazon Echo Dot, and supposedly premium HDMI cable. Main difference from you is your warranty is six years (Superfi also do it at the same price with a 5 year warranty) - the Echo Dot is actually 'worth it' to me as I have one on backorder until Jan with Amazon, which could be cancelled if bundled with receiver. Delivery to ROI as well (presumably at your standard £6.99).

If there were a rollicking deal to be had on an open box model etc, I would also be interested in the RXV685 for a tad more future proofing. Finally, I'd be interested in how you think the 585 stacks up against the Pioneer VSX933 - seems to be very little difference in specs, but the Alexa capability of the Yamaha would be a bonus.

Thanks!

PS I presume there's no relevant trade in promotions at the moment? Could do with getting shot of the Denon......
    Hi Padraig Mor,

Apologies I don;t know how your PM was missed!

Peter Tyson and Superfi do not normally ship to Ireland and will charge extra for NI and offshore UK. However I would be happy to match the price of £379 on the amp with £6.99 shipping and a 2 year guarantee. Unfortunately we are completely out of stock of the Amazon Echo dots and I have no ETA on incoming stock so I wouldn't be able to offer the Echo Dot.

I would personally go for Yamaha over Pioneer as I found the Pioneer sound a bit muddy in comparison. I don't have any open box RXV685s but I can do you a brand new Yamaha RXV685 for £499 or I have a Denon AVRX2500 with built in Alexa which normally retails at £429 but I could do at £399. Again this would have a 2 year warranty.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

David

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Hi Padraig Mor,

Peter Tyson and Superfi do not normally ship to Ireland and will charge extra for NI and offshore UK. However I would be happy to match the price of £379 on the amp with £6.99 shipping and a 2 year guarantee. Unfortunately we are completely out of stock of the Amazon Echo dots and I have no ETA on incoming stock so I wouldn't be able to offer the Echo Dot.

I would personally go for Yamaha over Pioneer as I found the Pioneer sound a bit muddy in comparison. I don't have any open box RXV685s but I can do you a brand new Yamaha RXV685 for £499 or I have a Denon AVRX2500 with built in Alexa which normally retails at £429 but I could do at £399. Again this would have a 2 year warranty.

Kind regards

David

David

Cheers David. I see the Yamaha has now dropped on the website to £375 including a 6 year warranty. However, I'm now looking at the Denon AVRX2400. This seems to be a lot of kit for the money; as far as I can tell it's almost identical to the newer 2500. Two queries: is it as hideously complicated as my old 1910? And I see that the GUI doesn't display over 4k - can all the settings etc still be accessed using a phone app or similar? And of course, there aren't any open box models etc by any chance?! ;)

Hi Padraig Mor,

Kind regards

David

David

Cheers David. I see the Yamaha has now dropped on the website to £375 including a 6 year warranty. However, I'm now looking at the Denon AVRX2400. This seems to be a lot of kit for the money; as far as I can tell it's almost identical to the newer 2500. Two queries: is it as hideously complicated as my old 1910? And I see that the GUI doesn't display over 4k - can all the settings etc still be accessed using a phone app or similar? And of course, there aren't any open box models etc by any chance?! ;)
    Hi Padraig Mor,

Unfortunately we are completely sold out of the AVRX2400 and it's a finished line.

I do have the AVRX2500 which has a phono pre amp and Alexa built in if you would be interested?

The set up is not as complicated as their old operating system however there are still a lot of set up options.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Cheers, still considering the options - head is wrecked from it LOL!

Cheers, still considering the options - head is wrecked from it LOL!
    No Problem Padraig.

Let us know if you come to a decision.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.