Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Quantum 70 open zones

Options
  • 07-12-2018 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

i have a hkc Quantum 70 alarm installed circa 8 months ago i got new windows and doors so took off sensors etc, now circa 3 months later when i put back all on new windows and go to set alarm it is telling me "open zone1, to Zone 6 even though i am certain i have reassembled them properly, i know the engineer code just wondering if i did something before disconnecting alarm would appreciate help please. i even took one of the sensors off and put in on desk beside the alarm and still says open zone. when i unset the system the yellow and red light are flashing on control panel

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Did you remove the devices from the system & then reinstall them?
    Are they shocks & contact or just shock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

hi koolkid

it a mixture of 4 shocks stand alone, 2 with reed switches ie doors, i also put back the pir and this doesnt seem to be highlighted as a problem.

i don,t think i removed the devices from the system not sure.
    i am not bad technically so will follow any advice you may have

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If they are just wireless shocks the contact would need to be programmed off. Also have you the magnets aligned correctly beside the sensor?

ok im going to take everything off and set it up on my desk i notice some of the contacts do not have a sensor on board so i may have mixed them up when taking down think this is a good idea?

when you say magnets aligned would appreciate if you could explain many thanks

• Advertisement

If there is a sensor with a contact then there is a magnet that fits onto the opening part of the window which lines up with the magnetic reed inside the sensor.

thank you koolkid

im going to take a break from it for a while and come back to it later again thank you

back again

i have 7 zones i noticed i put the sensors in wrongways on the sensor anyhow i took everythinf off again set up on desk had alook at manual by putting sensors 3 to 4 metres away from control panel i got 4 to work these 4 also have magnets beside them so i am happy to put them back in situ, so now left with 3 sensors that did not have magnets which say open zone 2,3 and 4 when arming i would appreciate if you could tell me how to disable them from system ( i am going away for 4-5 weeks and would be happy to arm the house with what i feel will work, so want to disable zones 2,3 and 4 please

ok i have found instructions on how to inhibit zones, this will do for now as sensors with magnets covers main doors and back of house, the 3 remaining sensors may need magnets as well although dont remember taking them down but again a lot of upheavel when redoing the house over the past 3 months will come back to it in in jan, many thanks koolkid for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

stoves1 wrote: »
    back again

i have 7 zones i noticed i put the sensors in wrongways on the sensor anyhow i took everythinf off again set up on desk had alook at manual by putting sensors 3 to 4 metres away from control panel i got 4 to work these 4 also have magnets beside them so i am happy to put them back in situ, so now left with 3 sensors that did not have magnets which say open zone 2,3 and 4 when arming i would appreciate if you could tell me how to disable them from system ( i am going away for 4-5 weeks and would be happy to arm the house with what i feel will work, so want to disable zones 2,3 and 4 please

If they are shock sensors the first thing to check is if the sensor arrow on the shock head is pointing upwards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement