If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio ASB-2 issue

Options
  • 07-12-2018 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi, i purchased one of these from you on the 02-August-2017. I was having issues where the device would not power on. it then started working again but the issue has since reoccurred and will not power on - the red light is on on top of the device

Paul

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

paul-2008 wrote: »
    Hi, i purchased one of these from you on the 02-August-2017. I was having issues where the device would not power on. it then started working again but the issue has since reoccurred and will not power on - the red light is on on top of the device

Paul
    Hi paul-2008,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your soundbar.

The first thing I would do is call Monitor Audio just in case there is a fix they can perform through software. If you give them a call on: 00441268740580.

If it can't be fixed over the phone you can certainly send it to us for repair!

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Paul
    Hi paul-2008,

The first thing I would do is call Monitor Audio just in case there is a fix they can perform through software. If you give them a call on: 00441268740580.

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Just coming back to this now - the soundbar started working again randomly. It has since stopped working last week and is still not working now. I have contacted Monitor audio and they had offered to collect the item and send it for repair. Until they realised I was in fact in Ireland and not in the UK. Can Richersounds arrange to have this collected in ireland? The issue is with a faulty item so I dont believe I should have to incur shipping costs ( which I can imagine would be alot on an item this size and weight). Can you please let me know if this is possible ASAP as I would like to get to a speedy resolution if at all possible

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul
    Hi paul-2008,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Just coming back to this now - the soundbar started working again randomly. It has since stopped working last week and is still not working now. I have contacted Monitor audio and they had offered to collect the item and send it for repair. Until they realised I was in fact in Ireland and not in the UK. Can Richersounds arrange to have this collected in ireland? The issue is with a faulty item so I dont believe I should have to incur shipping costs ( which I can imagine would be alot on an item this size and weight). Can you please let me know if this is possible ASAP as I would like to get to a speedy resolution if at all possible

Thanks,
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with your soundbar.

For repair returns we would occasionally contribute twice our normal shipping rate of £6.99 to cover the costs if the unit has gone faulty within the first year but it is up to the customer to return the unit to us. Your unit is over the year mark but I would be able to contribute £14 towards the return of the unit in this instance however you would need to package it and arrange the shipping and insurance yourself back to our Belfast store. If you could include the receipt for the postage with the unit I can refund you £14 to your card when we receive the item back to the store.

If you package up the unit well for transit and send to:

Richer Sounds
    7 Smithfield Square North
    Belfast
    BT1 1FN

we will get it sorted for you when it arrives.

Kind regards

David

Paul
    Hi paul-2008,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks,
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

For repair returns we would occasionally contribute twice our normal shipping rate of £6.99 to cover the costs if the unit has gone faulty within the first year but it is up to the customer to return the unit to us. Your unit is over the year mark but I would be able to contribute £14 towards the return of the unit in this instance however you would need to package it and arrange the shipping and insurance yourself back to our Belfast store. If you could include the receipt for the postage with the unit I can refund you £14 to your card when we receive the item back to the store.

Richer Sounds
    Belfast
    BT1 1FN

Kind regards

David
    David,

Poor enough response to be honest. And likewise with Monitor Audio. I will price packaging and shipping - although I don't even know where to begin with packing and shipping something of this size. Would have thought a big brand chain line RicherSounds would have had facilities to arrange this. Disappointing to say the least.

Regards,
    Paul

Paul
    Hi paul-2008,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks,
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

Richer Sounds
    Belfast
    BT1 1FN

Kind regards

David
    David,

Also just to confirm, this item is still within the 2 year warranty that was received when purchasing it so I would call it a warranty return rather than a Repair return. A repair return on your website incurs a charge to have the item repaired.

Regards,
    Paul.

• Advertisement

Paul
    Hi paul-2008,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks,
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

Richer Sounds
    Belfast
    BT1 1FN

Kind regards

David
    David,

Poor enough response to be honest. And likewise with Monitor Audio. I will price packaging and shipping - although I don't even know where to begin with packing and shipping something of this size. Would have thought a big brand chain line RicherSounds would have had facilities to arrange this. Disappointing to say the least.

Regards,
    Paul
    Hi Paul.

Sorry you feel this way.

One of the main reasons we don't offer this service is because we can not be held responsible for any damage etc that might happen if the unit was not packaged correctly. 
    We also have no way of coming to your house with spare packing and wrapping the unit ourselves for shipping back to us.
    I don't know of any other companies even the very large ones that will collect products after this length of time.

I can perhaps arrange to DPD you some bubble wrap to help with your packaging and if I can locate a box large enough send that too.

We do cover collections within the first 30 days and always try to be as fair as possible were we can but 1 and a half years later can not be classed as poor service in my opinion.

Paul
    Hi paul-2008,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks,
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

Richer Sounds
    Belfast
    BT1 1FN

Kind regards

David
    David,

Regards,
    Paul
    Hi Paul.

Sorry you feel this way.

One of the main reasons we don't offer this service is because we can not be held responsible for any damage etc that might happen if the unit was not packaged correctly. 
    We also have no way of coming to your house with spare packing and wrapping the unit ourselves for shipping back to us.
    I don't know of any other companies even the very large ones that will collect products after this length of time.

I can perhaps arrange to DPD you some bubble wrap to help with your packaging and if I can locate a box large enough send that too.

We do cover collections within the first 30 days and always try to be as fair as possible were we can but 1 and a half years later can not be classed as poor service in my opinion.
    No Problem, that would be helpful if you can arrange that. Monitor audio will arrange a prepaid DPD label and send packaging for the item, as long as it is within the uk, which i am obviously not.

1.5 years later is irrelevant where a 2 year warranty is in place, in my opinion.

Either way I have a very large and very heavy paper weight sitting under my tv at the moment so I'd like to try get this sorted asap

Thanks,
    Paul 

Paul
    Hi paul-2008,

Kind regards

David
    Hi David,

Thanks,
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

Richer Sounds
    Belfast
    BT1 1FN

Kind regards

David
    David,

Regards,
    Paul
    Hi Paul.

Sorry you feel this way.

No Problem, that would be helpful if you can arrange that. Monitor audio will arrange a prepaid DPD label and send packaging for the item, as long as it is within the uk, which i am obviously not.

1.5 years later is irrelevant where a 2 year warranty is in place, in my opinion.

Either way I have a very large and very heavy paper weight sitting under my tv at the moment so I'd like to try get this sorted asap

Thanks,
    Paul 
    Hi Paul.

Leave it with me for a bit and I'll go see what packaging we have and come back to you.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Paul,

thanks for your posts and apologies that you are unhappy with our service.

As the guys have tried to explain we are happy to pay our Customers twice our normal shipping charge to assist with returning a product with a reported fault to us - we think that is fair.

Unfortunately if a Customer has disposed of their packaging it is difficult for us to collect a soundbar without any packaging as it may be damaged in transit - I'm sure you understand this? 

As I am sure you will remember this soundbar was purchased in one of our OB sales at a reasonably low price and whilst we are happy to assist, given you are already unhappy with our service I am not sure it is worth the hassle and expense of collecting the unit, sending it to Monitor Audio and sending it back to you.

Therefore if you prefer as a goodwill gesture we will refund you the original purchase price you paid for the unit  - hopefully you will find this a reasonable solution?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Paul,

thanks for your posts and apologies that you are unhappy with our service.

As the guys have tried to explain we are happy to pay our Customers twice our normal shipping charge to assist with returning a product with a reported fault to us - we think that is fair.

Unfortunately if a Customer has disposed of their packaging it is difficult for us to collect a soundbar without any packaging as it may be damaged in transit - I'm sure you understand this? 

As I am sure you will remember this soundbar was purchased in one of our OB sales at a reasonably low price and whilst we are happy to assist, given you are already unhappy with our service I am not sure it is worth the hassle and expense of collecting the unit, sending it to Monitor Audio and sending it back to you.

Therefore if you prefer as a goodwill gesture we will refund you the original purchase price you paid for the unit  - hopefully you will find this a reasonable solution?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Many thanks for your reply. I understand where you're coming from regarding collecting items and items getting damaged. If you feel that it is not worth the hassle sending the item for repair then that's fair enough. Yes, your solution is more than reasonable. Thanks for this - Greatly appreciated. How do i go about this?

Thanks, 
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Paul,

I will ask our accounts department to send you out a refund today - are you still at the same address as your 2017 address when you purchased the item ( please do not print the address here!)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Paul,

I will ask our accounts department to send you out a refund today - are you still at the same address as your 2017 address when you purchased the item ( please do not print the address here!)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,

I will pm you my address to be sure.

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,

I will pm you my address to be sure.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Hey Paul.

If you want to send me the details also in a PM I can get things rolling for you.

Hey Paul.

If you want to send me the details also in a PM I can get things rolling for you.

Just sent now, thanks

Hey Paul.

Just sent now, thanks
    Cheers Paul-2008.

I will get the refund sorted for you ASAP.

Hey Paul.

Just sent now, thanks
    Hey Paul.

I will have the refund sorted ASAP for you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.