Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AnPost claims the driver rang my bell. CCTV shows he just drives through the street.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Tell the postman's boss he isn't doing his job.

Yah. That'll work. These lads work together. They're not gonna start causing each other grief. Just be nice to people who serve you ans they'll be nice back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Tell the postman's boss he isn't doing his job.

Yah. That'll work. These lads work together. They're not gonna start causing each other grief. Just be nice to people who serve you ans they'll be nice back.
    Even when the service is sh1t?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

A.OBrien wrote: »
    There's one big issue. Though I used the term "CCTV" in the title, I did mention it's a webcam. While technically speaking there is no big different, when it comes to law, this is something completely different. CCTVs require by a law a sign that says this CCTV is in operation.

Filming in public with your phone or mobile device, does not require such sign.
    does.

See that bolded part at the top, that's all nonsense.

Regardless of whether its a webcam or not, the signals are being monitored. Forget about GDPR (which adopts a common sense approach anyway), you'll have bigger issues if one of your neighbours spots it. Both constitutional and common law on the right to privacy are rights employable on a civil basis. You are in an apartment ? All that common area in front of you is not your property, its the management company's. Its not like shooting to the boundaries of a house (I have CCTV myself on my own property).

On your post issue, if it is true, you need to report your driver to An Post. Its what loses customers including retail partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Even when the service is sh1t?

It won't be sh1t if you're not sh1t to them. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,026 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There’s no law prohibiting filming a public street. There’s are thousands of CC TV cameras doing that across the country.

As for the op’s complaints, I’ve seen postmen do that. Not in Ireland, mind you.

The OP has posted a couple of links to videos they recorded. Once you record, regardless of in public or private, you are now a data controller and have to have a valid reason to keep the other people's personal data that you have collected. A delivery person, with whom you have no contract, not posting something is not a valid reason to post personal data.

Not delivering post is a minor inconvenience. Posting people's personal data is against GDPR regulations and against the law.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Del2005 wrote: »
    The OP has posted a couple of links to videos they recorded. Once you record, regardless of in public or private, you are now a data controller and have to have a valid reason to keep the other people's personal data that you have collected. A delivery person, with whom you have no contract, not posting something is not a valid reason to post personal data.

Not delivering post is a minor inconvenience. Posting people's personal data is against GDPR regulations and against the law.

There’s so much guff posted about GDPR.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

It won't be sh1t if you're not sh1t to them. :)

Your postman extorted you, and you empowered him by paying up and now probably extorts other members of society.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod: this has run its course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement