Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listening or not

Options
  • 07-12-2018 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Is the Amazon echo and the likes really safe? cos I still feel like someone could be listening in on conversations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Dele wrote: »
    Is the Amazon echo and the likes really safe? cos I still feel like someone could be listening in on conversations

Course not. There is an app you can download on google playstore that lets you listen in to echos within a standard Wi-Fi range. I'm a bit bored of listening to the neighbours of late to be honest. They just don't seem to get up to much other than the odd row. A bird flew inside their kitchen window once and the lady of the house was in hysterics but as much as I laughed, it did make me question if it was worth all those long hours listening in, or would I be better off having a pint down the local and a real chat.

But now I'm thinking I should get a Wi-Fi extender to see if I can listen in on another set of neighbours. There's a new family moved in a little further down the road and they have me suspicious with their comings and goings. Definitely not using smokeless coal too from what I can see, god you should have seen the fumes from their chimney last night.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

well worth getting the extender. like you our next door neighbors were a bit mundane, we got the extender and had the choice of 3 other houses. struck gold on one, he wants a blue car, she is insisting on red, riveting stuff, almost came to an end last night, he suggested they both get new cars, one blue, one red, major panic in our gaff thinking it was all coming to an end but luckily she spoke sense to him and they are back trying to decide now. don't think the tv has been thrown on in a week with the excitement, if they don't order in the next week they won't get a january model so i'm expecting fireworks this week..

Advertisement