Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Credit Card.

• 07-12-2018 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I was about to go into a PC store today before I did I decided to check my credit card on line. After a number of attempts I couldn't log in , so I rang ulster bank
    to see why. I was put straight through to the Fraud Department.

After going through a rigmarole , of security questions and others , a STOP was taken off my card.

If I had not checked my account and went into the shop it would have been said that my card could not be accepted as there was a block on it.

I personally would have found that embarrassing.

Transpires , last week when on line banking a message popped up to say , Hi we dont have your mobile number !

As it was looking for number I gave it. The more the better as far as I am concerned re "security"

The reason the card was stopped was because I gave my mobile number as the ulster bank site asked for it.

I was not informed that my cars was blocked. I was just let work away with no word from ulster bank.

I think this is not best practice,i think if they stop it , they should be obliged to tell you.

Are all credit card providers the same?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

I was about to go into a PC store today before I did I decided to check my credit card on line. After a number of attempts I couldn't log in , so I rang ulster bank
    to see why. I was put straight through to the Fraud Department.

After going through a rigmarole , of security questions and others , a STOP was taken off my card.

If I had not checked my account and went into the shop it would have been said that my card could not be accepted as there was a block on it.

I personally would have found that embarrassing.

Transpires , last week when on line banking a message popped up to say , Hi we dont have your mobile number !

As it was looking for number I gave it. The more the better as far as I am concerned re "security"

The reason the card was stopped was because I gave my mobile number as the ulster bank site asked for it.

I was not informed that my cars was blocked. I was just let work away with no word from ulster bank.

I think this is not best practice,i think if they stop it , they should be obliged to tell you.

Are all credit card providers the same?

AIB did the same a few years ago. I was very frustrated not to be informed but its also comforting to know security is so tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Im all for security , no problem , just thought it wasn't the best business practice . thks

Advertisement