Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

youtube business videos

Options
  • 07-12-2018 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Been meaning to learn and make myself some yotube videos of all what i do in business. At the moment, i just cant fit the time in to do it or even start. Someone mentioned to me that i could outsource this to an IT company or student in India that wont cost to much.

Has anyone any experience with using someone from there and was it money well spent. I know i could use someone here in Ireland but im a very small business and couldn't afford this right now so looking for something a little cheaper.

Comments

I had a YouTube business video channel but deleted it on account of nasty comments left below videos by other Irish YouTube channel owners, in a personal context and nothing to do with what I was talking about in the video - I reported the fella to the guards as well, went down to local garda station and had a chat with a receptive guard. He said since it was online, there is very little I could do but he did file a report. I reported the comments and the Channel owner but nothing was done with his YouTube channel. I blocked him straightaway but very dissappointed to see nothing done to disable his channel at all. I owned a YouTube channel for 9 years and got no strikes on any videos I posted.

Now, I also have a Vimeo channel, (vimeo plus) but this costs me 85 euro a year.

Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

I had a YouTube business video channel but deleted it on account of nasty comments left below videos by other Irish YouTube channel owners, in a personal context and nothing to do with what I was talking about in the video - I reported the fella to the guards as well, went down to local garda station and had a chat with a receptive guard. He said since it was online, there is very little I could do but he did file a report. I reported the comments and the Channel owner but nothing was done with his YouTube channel. I blocked him straightaway but very dissappointed to see nothing done to disable his channel at all. I owned a YouTube channel for 9 years and got no strikes on any videos I posted.

Now, I also have a Vimeo channel, (vimeo plus) but this costs me 85 euro a year.

Just saying.

I dont mind eh comments, i can block all comment on youtube. Its the making of the videos im looking. I know i could do it myself but i just dont have the time. Ill be going out on my own son business wise so want to start some marketing with good videos of all what i do.

Consider downloading Da vinci Resolve video editor, the basic version is free. Alternately purchase Adobe Premier Elements as reasonably priced video editing software and easy to use for novices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Why do you think anyone would be bothered to watch a video about some randomer's start-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Why do you think anyone would be bothered to watch a video about some randomer's start-up?

I beg to differ, and perhaps its an anomily, but marketing in the food trade thrives off video content

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭lastusername

You'd be surprised...people watch all sorts of video content. Key thing is reaching the right audience and engaging with them; coming up with content that resonates.

Use of video can be successful as an add-on to skilful marketing but only IF it is done effectively. That usually means not doing it on the cheap (OP's budget), but incorporating professionally filmed ‘shorts’ into a website. YouTube is full of dross and to expect a prospective customer to go off and search for a clip is futile.

OP is an employee in the construction sector and is about to go it alone. He would be far better advised to spend a few quid on a website showing still photographs of some projects he has worked on. That way people can see the type & scale of job, the quality of the finish, etc. When people want a builder they are not looking for artistic videos of past projects but would far rather see a few photos and - particularly - endorsements by past customers. (He’s also struggling with scaling-up, pricing, etc., but that is not in this topic.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Soletraders

How do you know so much of the OP's background?

How do you know so much of the OP's background?
    Use the search function on other posts ;)

Advertisement