Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the chicken wings?

Options
  • 08-12-2018 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

I used to buy a tray of chicken wings every week - usually in either Lidl or Tesco. They disappeared from the shelves of both supermarkets approx 6 weeks ago and I've only managed to find them once in that time. Previously I picked them up routinely - like a pint of milk.

This is North Cork / Limerick / Tipp.

Is this nationwide or what? Where are the wings? Who's got them? What are they doing with them?

Who do I call? My TD? Joe?

I'm getting desperate here!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

It's the fate of ordinary food in the run-up to Christmas. It disappears to make room for fancy Christmas fare. They will magically reappear in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kurtainsider

It's the fate of ordinary food in the run-up to Christmas. It disappears to make room for fancy Christmas fare. They will magically reappear in January.

While I will cling to this as a threadbare comfort, the wings disappeared before the (fabulous) Christmas fare appeared on the shelves.

I suspect sinister forces at work.

Just give me back my wiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggggs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,011 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Phone a real butcher. They also probably won't have them on the shelf but they can get them in.

By real, I mean it isn't just a shop full of plastic trays pre made up. There's a few chains of "butchers" that probably don't have a proper chopping board in the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Strange, my tesco always has wings, they also recently got in cut up wings, i.e. the wingette and drumette and the tip discarded.

They often had them cut up before -but in sauces and at a ridiculous price.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I used to buy a tray of chicken wings every week - usually in either Lidl or Tesco. They disappeared from the shelves of both supermarkets approx 6 weeks ago and I've only managed to find them once in that time. Previously I picked them up routinely - like a pint of milk.

Ive had this same problem in Lidl since about late October. Specifically their frozen spicy wings, I think I only saw them in stock once in about 6 or 7 weeks. Most of the time I checked the price label would still be on the freezer but there was no stock, very frustrating as I always like to have a bag of them in the freezer for when i dont feel like cooking.

Also Aldi- do they even do chicken wings anymore? I havent seen any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Odelay

Got a tray in SuperValu yesterday for €2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Lidl still have them, in the same fridge as the thighs and drumsticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

English market is me berries for wings

Advertisement