Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 10 Start Menu Defaulting

Options
  • 08-12-2018 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever have the issue on a new machine with the start menu tiles resetting to default after setting it up, and hopefully found a way to fix it? I've set mine up four times now and this morning it's back again.
    It doesn't seem to be syncing it from another machine as there's tiles there I don't have on any others, but it's going back to the same way it was out of the box.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,628 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's a right click "Pin To" option, will that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

There's a right click "Pin To" option, will that work?

I had completely cleared the tiles and pinned the tiles I wanted a good few times now but after a reboot it goes back to the layout that I removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

No matter what I change, I end up with this after a reboot.

1z5makj.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Somewhere it was mentioned that down arrows indicate that the app hasn’t been downloaded - those most likely will be "bloatware" apps.
    Let computer to "brew" with internet connection - allow all updates/force check for updates, reboot when prompted. It might take multiple reboots, I hope your internet is good.

And usual - don't power down/powercycle PC if in process of updates - patience, you dealing with Win10

Other than that, try create new user and see if it come the same or fix.

Google for "windows 10 start menu down arrows" or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Open Shell - get rid of the tiles since they just advertise crap

https://github.com/Open-Shell/Open-Shell-Menu/releases

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement