Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche - Xmas gifts

• 08-12-2018 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

What (if any) gifts do you buy for your kids carers? LO currently in creche with three carers in the room and will move to a new room b4 Xmas. No clue what is appropriate gift wise.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I have two in crèche who both have two teachers. So I'll get the four a voucher for hair or nails. Tbh I'm never sure if it is too much or little but I think they are amazing and take brilliant care of my kids. While we pay crazy money on the creche I'm pretty sure they don't see any of it

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skullsocks

detoxkid wrote: »
    I have two in crèche who both have two teachers. So I'll get the four a voucher for hair or nails. Tbh I'm never sure if it is too much or little but I think they are amazing and take brilliant care of my kids. While we pay crazy money on the creche I'm pretty sure they don't see any of it

Thanks. I feel the same, they do a great job and are under paid for their work but with potentially 6 carers to buy for I don't know what's appropriate. Plus with so many it could get very expensive trying to give a good gift to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

skullsocks wrote: »
    Thanks. I feel the same, they do a great job and are under paid for their work but with potentially 6 carers to buy for I don't know what's appropriate. Plus with so many it could get very expensive trying to give a good gift to all.

What we do with the xmas presents for staff if they are left in without being for anyone in particular is number them and let all the staff draw numbers out and every one always gets stuff even if they dont know which particular family it came from

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Last year we gave a gift hamper with some sweets, chocolate, wine. This year he’s in a new room with more staff so we just gave a big box of chocolates. They don’t expect gifts and I’m sure appreciate anything. It’s the thought that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

I had no idea what to get! Ended up going into lush and got a couple of their pre wrapped gifts.. they range in price. Got some slightly bigger ones for the 2 girls that are with my daughter every day and then some smaller ones for those in the baby room who used to mind her and still do on occasion. Throwing in a box of chocs I had in the house! It's hard when there's a few to consider. I hope they like them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement