Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do with a Google mini?

Options
  • 08-12-2018 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭

I got a free google mini in the vodafone prepay phone offer. The thing is, I already have 2 echos in the house, with a third on the way courtesy of the irish times.

Is anyone using both echoes and minis in their set ups or are people using one or the other?

I wouldn't mind setting it up to see what it's like but if it's essentially the same as the echoes I might as well leave the box sealed and sell or re-gift it.

any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'd stick with one or the other and just sell it if you are happy with the Echos

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well you can use both Echo and Google Home in the same house. I've done that in the past and it is fine.

Most things work much the same without much setup, ask weather, play music, ask questions, control lights, etc.

Where it can get troublesome is if you want to do whole house music or want to set up routines. Then you might need to set up the same routine on both, which is double the effort.

Of course you can try selling it or gift it on to someone else.

Advertisement