Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone call transcript/ data Protection

Options
  • 08-12-2018 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    Long story short, im in dispute with a company over an issue. The call was recorded and I’m looking to retrieve the recorded call from them.

I have requested the call in the audio version. The company has sent me on the call in a transcript version and saying they cannot sent on the call in audio version.

I’m wondering is it normal for a transcript call to be in a pdf format? And for them to refuse to send it in the audio version.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Under GDPR you can make a SAR requesting all data that they hold about you.

Initially the data was an audio file so they must still have it (they couldn't have transcribed it otherwise) and must give it to you under a SAR.

It may previously have been an option of either / or in relation to calls but GDPR has changed that.

That's my understanding of it anyway.

You'll get more responses in the Consumer Issues forum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Are you suggesting the transcript is wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 oscar22

Hi,

Thank you for replying!

I’m more or less questioning how it was sent to me.

I have requested the call in the audio version.
    For me, Hearing the call would clear up a lot of questions rather than reading it.

Advertisement