Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir charging for a returned modem

• 08-12-2018 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I cancelled my service back in September and was advised that I would have to return equipment to avoid a charge.

So I packaged the modem and sent from my local lost office in Oct and have a picture of the receipt. However I just received an €80 bill from Eir for not returing.

Even though I have a postage receipt I do not have proof of delivery as I simply posted to the Eir P.O Box address as advised. Eir have said there is nothing they can do and have been hard to contact.

Any advice of what to do next? Really can't afford the 80 euro.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

I cancelled my service back in September and was advised that I would have to return equipment to avoid a charge.

So I packaged the modem and sent from my local lost office in Oct and have a picture of the receipt. However I just received an €80 bill from Eir for not returing.

Even though I have a postage receipt I do not have proof of delivery as I simply posted to the Eir P.O Box address as advised. Eir have said there is nothing they can do and have been hard to contact.

Any advice of what to do next? Really can't afford the 80 euro.
    Hi Drumsnotdead.

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Sorry to hear about this.

Please PM me your account number, full name on the account, date of birth and address.

I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thank you
    -Ahren

• Registered Users Posts: 20 purple puffin

I cancelled my Eir service in November.  I received a label to return via Parcel Motel.   I duly returned via the nominated parcel motel but I have just received a bill for non-return of equipment.  Can someone to support to resolve please 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

kawallace1 wrote: »
    I cancelled my Eir service in November.  I received a label to return via Parcel Motel.   I duly returned via the nominated parcel motel but I have just received a bill for non-return of equipment.  Can someone to support to resolve please 
    Hi there kawallace1,

I am sorry to hear about this.

If you would like to PM me the following account details, I would be more than happy to have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB

5) Your full postal address

~Kellie

Advertisement