Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

macraignil wrote:
    Why was Alexander Arnold not playing this week? Means another week without 11 players for my team.

He was rested, he was due a rest midweek and didn't get one so not a big surprise he was rested yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Looking like a -8 for me

DDG ---- Lloris
    Richi
    a 4.8 or less ( Any suggestions?)
    Zaha
    Kane (C)

Keep an eye on Gibbs-White(4.3) for Wolves today. He's a young creative attacking midfielder but it might be a little bit early to get him in now as he's just broken into the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Keep an eye on Gibbs-White(4.3) for Wolves today. He's a young creative attacking midfielder but it might be a little bit early to get him in now as he's just broken into the team.

Great shout just wonder will hold down a spot in the team

mugsymugsy wrote:

That's always the risk with young players but he looks like the real deal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Looking like a -8 for me

DDG ---- Lloris
    Richi
    Zaha
    Kane (C)

Holebas at 4.7 or Balbuena at 4.4? :)

Wilberto wrote: »
    Holebas at 4.7 or Balbuena at 4.4? :)

It would need to be a midfielder to replace Richarlison :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It would need to be a midfielder to replace Richarlison :P

I've no idea what I read so. :o :pac:

How about Murphy (Cardiff) or Hojberg?

I can't see great midfield options for that price. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looking like a -8 for me

DDG ---- Lloris
    Richi
    Zaha
    Kane (C)

Camarasa. On free kicks and apparently penalties too. Won’t get much else for that price.

FWIW, I wouldn’t go for Lloris as my only playing keeper. He tends to miss random games through injury..more than you would expect from a keeper.

Benimar wrote: »
    Camarasa. On free kicks and apparently penalties too. Won’t get much else for that price.

FWIW, I wouldn’t go for Lloris as my only playing keeper. He tends to miss random games through injury..more than you would expect from a keeper.

Already have Camarasa myself. Already did the Lloris move. He was the first one :(

Lining up as follows:

Lloris
    Alonso,TAA,Kola,Wan B
    Mahrez Richi,Salah Felipe
    Aubam Wilson

Bench is : Hamer Bennett Camarasa Zaha

Depending on City news I could get Jesus in for Zaha and replace elsewhere. But I want Spurs coverage.

I've 3.7M ITB!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking Martial/Auba to Salah/Mitro for -4

Depending on City news I could get Jesus in for Zaha and replace elsewhere. But I want Spurs coverage.

I've 3.7M ITB!

I wouldn't be in a rush to get in Jesus anyway.

Looking like a -8 for me

DDG ---- Lloris
    Richi
    Zaha
    Kane (C)

Camarasa

Edit - responded before I read the next page.

Billing or maybe Mendy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Aubameyang has Southampton, Burnley and Brighton in the next 3.

I’d look at alternate routes if you want Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Why get rid of Auba?!

Duffy to a 5.4m defender. Looking at Doherty or TAA. Will probably chance the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

macraignil wrote: »
    All viable budget midfielders. Think each one might do better than some of the more expensive options and the budget positioned Hojbjerg that I replaced with Torreira. Points from the budget bench players are even more important now in the busy rotation filled game weeks.
    Why was Alexander Arnold not playing this week?
    Means another week without 11 players for my team.

Generally most of us see it in terms of squad balance/spend and minimizing transfers. When the bench attacker is needed it's pot luck what their score will be so why spend 5M when I can spend 4.4M. To give an example Camarasa for 4.6M looks the best currently but I wouldn't be brave enough to play him over Fraser in a 3-4-3 so I'd still go for a 4.4M guy.
    IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Building more Dept in the squad at the moment for a bench boost DGW
    . Fraser and Wilson are new editions to my squad 2/3 weeks , great form but it could easily turn into a drought...
    Same with MO , Excellenct week but can't be expected to deliver that again anytime soon

Your second WC enables this as the DGWs wont be until near season's end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

What are people doing re Wilson? I've 2 fts.

I'll keep him if at all possible. Also have Pereyra, Hobelas and Moutinho on bench that I'd like to move on. Full team below if anyone has any suggestions? Not having a great year at all this time so reluctant to trust my own judgement!

Ederson/Hamer

Alonso/Digne/Roberston/AWB/Hobelas
    Richarlison/Salah/Felipe Anderson/Pererya/Mountinho
    Auba/Mitro/Wilson

Thinking of Pererya to Gibbs-white to fund Mountinho to B.Silva.

I can't see an obvious Wilson replacement with all the injuries (Jiminez has returns but looks poor irl) so I might carry him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

mugsymugsy wrote: »

He started midweek Cos neves was suspended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

ElTel wrote: »
    Generally most of us see it in terms of squad balance/spend and minimizing transfers. When the bench attacker is needed it's pot luck what their score will be so why spend 5M when I can spend 4.4M. To give an example Camarasa for 4.6M looks the best currently but I wouldn't be brave enough to play him over Fraser in a 3-4-3 so I'd still go for a 4.4M guy.

I guess it depends on your squad, but I seem to have a few players now who are liable to be rested and this added to minor injuries means my bench has become more important and in my opinion is well worth the extra .4mill investment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Think I'm going to let my 2 year old pick out a name from a hat and see if that works, god knows it can't be any worse than me bringing in Wilson and Eriksen for gw16 (at least I had brought in Anderson too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Need to get Anderson in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

macraignil wrote: »
    I guess it depends on your squad, but I seem to have a few players now who are liable to be rested and this added to minor injuries means my bench has become more important and in my opinion is well worth the extra .4mill investment.

Yeah I agree. There are so many different styles and ways to play and it's very dependent on your personal style. Those who have AWB and Bennett for 4M from the start (for example) may be happy to spend a bit extra on the last attacker or they might have him last on the bench and spend the least possible.

Many of us hate picking a DM though because the game doesn't reward them and we roll our eyes and think "not this again" because we've had the discussions many times.

So the likes of Moutinho, Neves, Kante, McArthur (I've actually been tempted by him :o) and Torriera are more likely to pick up yellow cards than score or assist.

km79 wrote:
    He started midweek Cos neves was suspended

Not too sure that's true as he was playing in front 3 with Sais and Moutinho the central 2. I think he started ahead of Costa and Sais replaced Neves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Salah is the interesting one for me. He was great last season and he had a nice price tag too. His last six gameweeks read 2, 8, 8, 3, 4, 21. It's not hugely consistent and at 13.0m I'm not sure he is worth it just yet. I do realise that a lot of people have him now but they'll have down weeks with him as well as the good ones.

I've got Sterling, Martial, Ricky, Fraser and Armstrong at the minute. I'm giving Armstrong another couple of gameweeks due to nice fixtures or I may just dump him for Torreira.

I've got Auba, Kane and Wilson up top at the minute and despite what happened with Kane yesterday I'm very happy with that.

Anyways back to Salah. I don't see him continuing what he did yesterday on a consistent basis. I've got a few players who are Captain material and to get in Salah it'd mean being left with very few options for Captain I think.

As much as it hurt me yesterday I'm going to remain without him and hope his inconsistent form holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Patricio to Lloris I reckon. I just cant handle another week with a patricio 1or 2 pointer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Any thoughts on rashford? After this week United have excellent fixtures and he's pretty affordable at 6.8, how vulnerable is his place in the team?

For this week ill probably sign snodgrass for brooks or kenedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

What are Laca owners doing? seriously thinking of ditching him even tho I only got him in this GW. Not sure if Emery trusts him considering he was pulled so early on Saturday and not as nailed on as I had thought 😔

Doherty or TAA? I have Bennett.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

eagle eye wrote: »
    Salah is the interesting one for me. He was great last season and he had a nice price tag too. His last six gameweeks read 2, 8, 8, 3, 4, 21. It's not hugely consistent and at 13.0m I'm not sure he is worth it just yet. I do realise that a lot of people have him now but they'll have down weeks with him as well as the good ones.

I've got Sterling, Martial, Ricky, Fraser and Armstrong at the minute. I'm giving Armstrong another couple of gameweeks due to nice fixtures or I may just dump him for Torreira.

I've got Auba, Kane and Wilson up top at the minute and despite what happened with Kane yesterday I'm very happy with that.

Anyways back to Salah. I don't see him continuing what he did yesterday on a consistent basis. I've got a few players who are Captain material and to get in Salah it'd mean being left with very few options for Captain I think.

As much as it hurt me yesterday I'm going to remain without him and hope his inconsistent form holds.

Nobody sees him consistently getting hat tricks. Last year was an unreal year for him (one i dont expect him to replicate) however, he is ticking along nicely.
    His last 5 gameweeks he has had at the very least a clean sheet point. But most were that plus assists/a goal.

He wont be getting hattys every week, but he also wont blank too often as his stats show. Worth the investment IMO - only 4 - 2 point games in 16 matches, good enough for me. Averaging 6 pts a game pre this week, now brings it up to 6.9........points in the bank.

VRS Aguero (i know he is injured but you pay for it if you keep him) after this week he has 5.1 avergae pts per game, before this week it was 5.5

Just my two cents!

Advertisement