Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

making a (dolly) table

• 08-12-2018 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    So I have a small 14kg drill press (cheap but does the job ), I would like to have it on a movable table,since most of its life its not being used.

Can anyone advise on making a movable table for it ? I was thinking the following,

Two hard thick boards one for top one for the bottom, four pillars of wood between the boards, and eight smaller struts of wood between each pair of adjacent pillars top and bottom. Then attached to the bottom board, four castor wheels with brakes. Finally the drill press bolted to the top board.

I think the above seems sturdy? But I just know making it perfectly level is beyond me , I don't have a circular saw/chop saw or anything. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Buy a steel mobile base, lots of other sources too. These will likely be a lot sturdier than above and take up less space. I use similar on a heavier drill press along with my table saw and planer/thincknesser. Easy to move even the 250kg+ planer around to make best use of the space I have.

Advertisement