Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Protection

Options
  • 08-12-2018 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all!

Long story short, im in dispute with a company over an issue. The call was recorded and I’m looking to retrieve the recorded call from them.

I have requested the call in the audio version. The company has sent me on the call in a transcript version and saying they cannot sent on the call in audio version.

I’m wondering is it normal for a transcript call to be in a pdf format? ( it’s not time stamped/ dated) And is the company allowed to refuse to send it in the audio version, even if it has been requested.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

They should normally send both the audio and the transcript.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What reason are they giving for not providing the audio version?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 oscar22

They have given no reason. They have just stated they have met there obligations under the data regulations by sending the written transcript.

But in regards to what reason they have given not to send the audio transcript....this is a good question to ask them.

I haven’t replied to the company yet. I’m trying to gather as much information.

I was under the impression once you requested the audio version this information needed to be sent,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If they have it (e.g. it has not been destroyed), then yes, they should share it on explicit request. To not do would be a breach of the GDPR and you can complain to the DPC

• Registered Users Posts: 15 oscar22

They have said they have it so I will keep onto them.

Thank you for your replies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Out of interest, do you believe that text has been omitted from the transcript?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

dudara wrote: »
    If they have it (e.g. it has not been destroyed), then yes, they should share it on explicit request. To not do would be a breach of the GDPR and you can complain to the DPC

If they have sent a transcript have they not complied with the legislation?

Where is the requirements to provide an audio file?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭usernamegoes

They are required to provide the information which constitutes personal data. I am not sure that it has to be in the format you require.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭C3PO

dudara wrote: »

I'm not at all sure that they are obliged to provide an audio tape - can you reference the legislation?

Advertisement