Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone data transfer

• 08-12-2018 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi,I bought my son an iPhone for Christmas to replace his current iPhone which we will sell on.can I transfer the apps on his phone to the new phone ahead of the day by holding new phone up to old.can the same apps be on both phones at the same time so that he can just pop in the SIM card on Christmas morning without setting up anything else.i won't mess up anything on the old phone by doing this?thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

The easiest way to do what you want is backup the old phone and restore the new one from the backup. Do it as close to xmas as possible to ensure everything is up to date. Everything will be there ready and waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Hi,I bought my son an iPhone for Christmas to replace his current iPhone which we will sell on.can I transfer the apps on his phone to the new phone ahead of the day by holding new phone up to old.can the same apps be on both phones at the same time so that he can just pop in the SIM card on Christmas morning without setting up anything else.i won't mess up anything on the old phone by doing this?thanks.

Nope. Need to restore from backup as mentioned.

Advertisement