Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV setup with 4g router

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tomstud12

Hi guys,

I'm trying to setup a security camera on my farm but am running into issues.

I bought this router (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07BB84GP4?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_yo_pop_mb_pd_t2) and this camera (https://www.amazon.co.uk/your-orders/pop/ref=oh_aui_i_d_rec_o1?_encoding=UTF8&gen=canonical&lineItemId=qkomqumoooonqw&orderId=203-7100088-2765106&packageId=1&returnSummaryId=&returnUnitIndices=&shipmentId=D6RRP5GtY)

I bought a three pay some which has unlimited data, the router is working perfectly with the sim and I can hook it up to a pc and get internet from it. My problem arises from setting the camera up on 4g. It's not as simple as just hooking it up to an internet connection unfortunately.

Is there any decent camera I could get that will be a much more simple plug in and play sort of thing as opposed to having to mess with loads of network settings etc.

Any help or advice would be great.

Hey I can’t see what camera cause it bring me to the the order section on amazon. if you’d have another link for the product page on amazon so I can see which one you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tomstud12

I presume your not able to connect up an internet cable from the router to the camera are you?

I am yeah, router has one ethernet which runs to a poe socket which has one Lan socket, and I can even connect to it (haven't figured how to watch video though) through its IP address but only while on the home network. Problem is it can only be found (with a program called IpwizardIII) while on the home network and not on the LTE router.

I'm thinking if I get a small switch, plug the camera to the switch which is then plugged into the LTE router and then plug a laptop into the switch to do the setup.

Tbh I didn't think there would be so much fecking around with networking when I thought of this setup. Is there any simple plug and play type camera I could get? Basically plug it into lte internet and an app will find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

The chances are that the camera is on a different IP range. Have you logged into the camera and router to view the network settings?

• Advertisement

I've logged into the camera settings. Should I be getting the camera IP/settings close to the router IP/settings and how do I then access that from a different network?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

I've logged into the camera settings. Should I be getting the camera IP/settings close to the router IP/settings and how do I then access that from a different network?

If your route IP is 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 then it will give ips between 192.168.1.2 and 192..168.1.253.

If your route IP is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.254 then it will give ips between 192.168.0.2 and 192..168.0.253.

So depending on your router, you need to set an IP for the camera within those numbers for example 192.168.1.100 where the router IP is either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.0.100 where the router IP is either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.254

Also take note of the port number of your ip camera so to access your camera with the new IP address and port (say port 1000) will be http://192.168.1.100:1000 or http://192.168.0.100:1000

You should get a login prompt to the camera.
    This will at least get the camera networked locally. Forget about accessing it externally till you get the camera working locally

Advertisement