Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on when you count day 1 as start of period

• 09-12-2018 6:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I started to take my time of month on Saturday night at 11pm. Is it correct though to say that's classed as Sunday as day 1 (as so late on Saturday night)

Please help thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

The first day you start bleeding is the first day of your period.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GalwayDonegal

Regardless of the time of day??

The first day you start bleeding is the first day of your period.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

I would take it as regardless of time of day. IMO Saturday would be your day 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

As per my fertility clinic: Day one is the first day you are actually filling a pad/tampon. Spotting does it count as day one. If you start in the afternoon/evening don't count day one until the following day. In your case, I would say day one was the Sunday, seeing as you started so late in the day - my clinic said anything after 4 should be counted as the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Wow that’s interesting - I agree I wouldn’t count spotting as day 1 but I definitely would if I got full flow after 4pm have counted it as day 1! Very interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Nerd Queen wrote: »
    Wow that’s interesting - I agree I wouldn’t count spotting as day 1 but I definitely would if I got full flow after 4pm have counted it as day 1! Very interesting

I would have been the same! I used to count anything before I went to sleep as on that day, but then I had to start injections on a set cycle day and the nurse was really insistent about the timing so it stuck with me.

Advertisement