Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hsg result

• 09-12-2018 6:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hsg result showed a polyp at the beigning of one of my tubes so I've to have an internal done on day 2-6 of my period. I think it's day 2-6...or would any one know.

Has anyone else had this before?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I had an HSG done last year, I think it was around day 8 of my cycle. You have to get it done after a period to make sure you're not pregnant, because it involves injecting dye into your uterus/tubes and using an xray machine to look at any blockages and the shape of your uterus etc.

If you take painkillers, I would recommend taking one or two before the procedure because it can be quite uncomfortable - for me there was a lot of pressure, like bad cramps, but thankfully it's over and done with quite quickly, I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. But everyone handles it differently, so I erred on the side of caution and took something just incase. If possible, try and take the day off work too, I had some cramping for the rest of the day and just generally felt blah. If it's also at the tail end/after your period, take a pad with you for after, they usually would provide them, but do just in case. I had some light bleeding/spotting after.

Advertisement