Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zinc plating?

• 09-12-2018 9:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,756 ✭✭✭✭
    Unregistered Users

Hello everybody. :)

I have brand new car exhaust heatshield I need to be zinc plated (as they turn into rust quicker than you can imagine) so looking for a place doing zinc plating in Sligo or nearby, preferrably not costing me an arm and leg to do so. ;)

Thank you. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

joujoujou wrote: »
    Hello everybody. :)

I have brand new car exhaust heatshield I need to be zinc plated (as they turn into rust quicker than you can imagine) so looking for a place doing zinc plating in Sligo or nearby, preferrably not costing me an arm and leg to do so. ;)

Thank you. :D

Would you powder coat? Much stronger and longer lasting finish. Can be done in any colour you like.

Sare powder coating in Cleveragh industrial estate

https://touch.adverts.ie/alloys-wheels/sare-powder-coating/14667446

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,756 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Well, that thing will be underneath the car, so colour doesn't matter, but thanks, will go there and ask.

Would prefer zinc plating (or even better: cadmium plating) though. :)

Advertisement