Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Hunter Approval to Letter of Offer

Options
  • 09-12-2018 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello,

My husband and I went through the mortgage application process during the summer and we were sent our House Hunter Approval letter and the end of July. There were two extra documents that we had to supply as a condition on this letter. We submitted those immediately. As we had not found a property at the time we were working on the amount we were told we could borrow. We put in an offer on a house two weeks ago which was accepted and we contacted our local branch immediately to tell our contact there that we had found a house. 
    We now find that we are being asked to provide many of the same documents again and we do not understand why? I have had to supply salary certs, payslips and car finance repayment statements. My husband, his business accounts and his car finance statement. All these were part of the original application which was successful. We have supplied Gift Letters, these were the only new documents since our original application. We had to sign another application form too. On the BOI website for mortgage application advice it states that once House Hunter Approval has been granted "it lets you search for your new home with confidence" and "Once you’ve found the home that’s right for you, let us know the address and the purchase price". Why then are we having to go through everything again? Our contact says she will work through our application next week and it will then take 7 days before we hear back from HQ. Why? We have not changed the amount we want to borrow, we have not asked for a higher mortgage amount, we have not blown all our savings, we have not stopped saving, we have not lost our jobs, we have not stopped paying our car repayments and we provided everything that was required in summer! With Christmas around the corner, this will be an added delay to this whole time scale.

Please can you shed some light on this? We are anxious that we will lose the house we have Sale Agreed on. I thought at this stage we would be organising a Mortgage Valuation, not reapplying for a mortgage all over again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

This is normal. Happens to everyone. They have to do final checks before they can issue a final offer. Pain in the ass but gas to be done.  

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sasha2377

Wesser wrote: »
    This is normal. Happens to everyone. They have to do final checks before they can issue a final offer. Pain in the ass but gas to be done.  
    Hi Wesser,

Thanks for the reply. It is somewhat comforting to read that this is normal procedure. Final checks I can understand, I was expecting some updated documents needing submission....but the sending in of every thing again is so time consuming and rather unnecessary. Hopefully, it will go smoothly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Sasha2377 wrote: »
    Hello,

My husband and I went through the mortgage application process during the summer and we were sent our House Hunter Approval letter and the end of July. There were two extra documents that we had to supply as a condition on this letter. We submitted those immediately. As we had not found a property at the time we were working on the amount we were told we could borrow. We put in an offer on a house two weeks ago which was accepted and we contacted our local branch immediately to tell our contact there that we had found a house. 
    We now find that we are being asked to provide many of the same documents again and we do not understand why? I have had to supply salary certs, payslips and car finance repayment statements. My husband, his business accounts and his car finance statement. All these were part of the original application which was successful. We have supplied Gift Letters, these were the only new documents since our original application. We had to sign another application form too. On the BOI website for mortgage application advice it states that once House Hunter Approval has been granted "it lets you search for your new home with confidence" and "Once you’ve found the home that’s right for you, let us know the address and the purchase price". Why then are we having to go through everything again? Our contact says she will work through our application next week and it will then take 7 days before we hear back from HQ. Why? We have not changed the amount we want to borrow, we have not asked for a higher mortgage amount, we have not blown all our savings, we have not stopped saving, we have not lost our jobs, we have not stopped paying our car repayments and we provided everything that was required in summer! With Christmas around the corner, this will be an added delay to this whole time scale.

Please can you shed some light on this? We are anxious that we will lose the house we have Sale Agreed on. I thought at this stage we would be organising a Mortgage Valuation, not reapplying for a mortgage all over again.

Hi Sasha2377,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    Please be assured that these documents will be checked and processed as soon as possible.
    Once some time has passed between initially applying for the mortgage and drawing down we would need up to date documents just as proof that your financial situation is the same as when you first applied.
    Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sasha2377

Hi Sasha2377,

Please be assured that these documents will be checked and processed as soon as possible.
    Once some time has passed between initially applying for the mortgage and drawing down we would need up to date documents just as proof that your financial situation is the same as when you first applied.
    Darren.

Thank you, Darren, for your reply. Can you tell me how many payslips I need to supply as I am paid fortnightly? My two most recent ones are what I have submitted. Is that ok?

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Sasha2377 wrote: »
    Hi Sasha2377,

Darren.

Thank you, Darren, for your reply. Can you tell me how many payslips I need to supply as I am paid fortnightly? My two most recent ones are what I have submitted. Is that ok?

Thank you.

Thanks for getting back to me Sasha2377. This can change depending on the application and what our mortgage team have received previously. I'd ask you to call our mortgage section on 1890365345 and the advisers there will be happy to check your application and confirm if the two payslips that you have already submitted will suffice.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement
Advertisement