Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Umbrella Academy [Netflix] [**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Page had a pretty thankless role really, having to play the literal forgotten child and black sheep of the family, someone beaten down and a bit resigned. I thought she did it very well; utterly meek but still sympathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There were some scenes of hers I thought her acting wasn't great (though not bad enough that I remember what scenes they were), but on the whole I thought she did a great job and would look forward to seeing more of her next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

cjragoo wrote: »
    Anyone else struggling to get into this? On the 2nd episode and the hour runtime feels about 2 hours..

I thought the same but it really took off during ep 4 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Just finished this last night, as some mentioned its very slow to get going, but overall enjoyed the show. Had never heard of the comic beforehand.

Robert Sheehan and the kid who played Number 5 were very good.

Based on the ending will look forward to the second series!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

6 episodes in and I think I’ll give up. What’s with all the long music videos? I ended up fast forwarding the boring dance scene. Ellen Page just bores me too. I would have preferred 42 min episodes with a lot of nonsense edited out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

6 episodes in and I think I’ll give up. What’s with all the long music videos? I ended up fast forwarding the boring dance scene. Ellen Page just bores me too. I would have preferred 42 min episodes with a lot of nonsense edited out.

Oh dear. This is what is wrong with television viewers today. We have been spoiled for choice over the last few years that now people just want whatever is going to happen, to happen immediately, as in, right now. Otherwise we just get bored and fast forward til we find the action. This saddens me because I have been guilty of it myself. Reaching for my phone during lulls.
    Personally, I loved the fact that this show did not follow TV norms, it was a little offbeat and it entertained me because of it. Just appreciate it for what it is, 60 minutes of escapism. I particularly enjoyed the music in this show. Don't take it too seriously, just go with it and enjoy the lunacy !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Was coming to post the same thing. Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm looking forward to seeing (hopefully) more of Ben and his powers in season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Yep one of the best things I seen last year def watching this!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

3692447-untitled-1.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A trailer finally arrives:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Opening scene for S2.

Only watched the 1st season a couple of weeks ago. Picked a good time to start watching it I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Nearly finished binge watching it

It's like a reboot of season 1 but better.
    The characters feel more comfortable in their roles, a better story line (lots more going on), more fun and more craziness

Number 5 shines again throughout the whole show - my favourite character

Not mad about the Lila character - could be just the English accent sticks out like a sore thumb in the show

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've 2 to go. One big improvement is they gave Vanya more of a personality

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Season 2 feels like an improvement over season 1 (which I liked as well).
    I will say though something off about Robert Sheehan's accent...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

1: This looks solid. What a strong opening scene!

For the story it looks like
    it's them or the Time Bureau who cause the nuclear war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After finishing it, the one big thing I have to point out is
    I don't see how that opening scene could've happened. I know it looked cool, but going by how everyone was using their powers, I was expecting them to be having training with them and maybe working with the government. I don't see how they would've mastered them to that point in the space of a few days.

Also, has Five been wearing the same clothes for 14 Days?

Anyway, overall it was a great season, I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    After finishing it, the one big thing I have to point out is
    I don't see how that opening scene could've happened. I know it looked cool, but going by how everyone was using their powers, I was expecting them to be having training with them and maybe working with the government. I don't see how they would've mastered them to that point in the space of a few days.

Also, has Five been wearing the same clothes for 14 Days?

Anyway, overall it was a great season, I thought.
    I'd say powerwise it was mostly good and correct. Aside from maybe Klaus and certainly Vanya, the rest were all pretty proficient with their powers from a young age. They completely wrecked the bank robbers in the season one flashback when they were only young teens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'd say powerwise it was mostly good and correct. Aside from maybe Klaus and certainly Vanya, the rest were all pretty proficient with their powers from a young age. They completely wrecked the bank robbers in the season one flashback when they were only young teens.
    Well Klaus doesn't really do anything - it's Ben that did all the work and Vanya can pretty much do anything she wants, doesn't take that much training. But you're right for the rest - they had plenty of training

Opening scene made me think of an X-Men film opening...was a great start

Looking forward to Season 3 - as if they cannot renew it as long as they don't go down the timey winey route again as that will just degrade the show but I'll take it if they do

Just binged it, absolutely brilliant stuff

2: What?!
    No Diego can't be dead, can he? Another ghost for Klaus?

Story: yeah now it really looks like
    it's them or the Time Bureau who cause the nukes

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

2 episodes left, but really enjoying it. Has improved a lot over Season 1 which was okay but seemed to throw in weirdness for the sake of it. This is a lot more focused now and all the better for it. The characters are interacting far better with each other though do tend to be separated a bit too often. Rarely see Klaus interacting with Luther or Alison with Five for example.

Still though, looking forward to the last few episodes.

3:
    Her Mum!!!
    :eek:

Episode 1 here, cos I can't binge as fast as others! Definitely feels snappier and more focused than last season, though it depends how long the "getting the band back together" plot goes on for. The multiple time jumps were a cheeky way of basically upending the characters' various status quos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Half way through season two and really enjoying it. Another excellent soundtrack also. Not really caring for Vanyas storyline. Five is such a good character, how he manages to be old and young at the same is well done. Looking forward to binging the rest of it tomorrow

• Advertisement

Yeah your man playing five is absolutely brilliant imo he's a fab actor

Advertisement