Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Umbrella Academy [Netflix] [**SPOILERS**]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3.4: Oh!

Klaus! is dead?!!

Feels like story then is gonna have to wrap around back to the past to have Viktor be there with Sissy and Harlan

• Registered Users Posts: 86,241 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Just finished it e10....ive a load of questions but my heads a bit melted!

OK, so I guess that the deal Alison cut with Reggie was to get her kid, and 60s husband back, in the case of a Universe reset? And I guess that maybe here 'killing' of him was part of the plan?

Did I miss something in the earlier seasons about Reggie's wife/gf/woman on the moon? I cant remember.

I guess that there is no Sloane, as the universe was reset to how it was for the umbrella academy, so the sparrows never existed, and they are now normal people with no powers. Ben is there as he was in the umbrella academy, but because he came back through the elevator with the rest, he is asshole Ben, not the Ben the umbrellas knew before he died.

So does that mean that Sloane never existed, or she was born and just wasn't one of the kids reggie picked up, so is back in her normal life, and hasnt a clue who Luther is.

But then Ben2 appears on the subway in Korea at the end....so there are now 2 Ben's???

Post edited by retalivity on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Overall a decent season.

But I have to ask, what was with the frequent black lens surround type effect? Or was it just me?

I know he's always been short, but Viktor just looked like a young boy in this. As Vanya he looked older. Now he looks younger than Five.

Was trying to figure out who she reminded me of, but When Allison cut her hair, I realised it was Jessica Parker Kennedy she reminded me of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't think Alison killing Reggie was part of the plan, but she ultimately knew she had to press the button and hope Reggie had set it up to keep his end of the deal in place. But I'm guessing that there may be consequences to it, like he wasn't finished setting it up so there'll now be problems in the new universe.

I presume Sloane was still born, or at least a version of her. It remains to be seen if the event that caused them all to be born with their mother's becoming instantly pregnant still happened or if they were now born a different way. The scene of Ben on the train at the end I think was the same train we saw his mother give birth in, which may be hinting there are now two Bens.

3.5: Ooooh mysteries!

Alt-Pogo! .. But! does this Pogo have some special time powers or equipment or something?

Just what is that think behind the wall in the room with the white buffalo head?

What exactly did Grace see inside the kugelblitz?

Pretty well done ending for a want-to-see-the-next-episode feel to it!

Have to question

American drivers after this. I mean how many knocked Klaus down, even when he stood waiting for them, on a straight stretch of road yet seems no one stopped or slowed down.

How the feck does Allison get a happy ending.

Rapey, murderer, manipulation, betrayal, abuse, and assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Looks like she could be the big bad for next season

• Advertisement

I imagine so but the writers really dropped the ball on it. Everyone seemed to forgive her actions, without a second thought.

I know it was implied that she mind controlled her husband into loving her but this season you actually got to see her sexually assault someone, with romantic music in tow...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Didnt think the rest of them acknowledged her at all...she appeared to get out and was away to LA, before the rest came through the lift to the garden/park

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I never thought much of her character, didn't feel she added much to the show.

This season though it went up several notches.They made her an awful person/character but the rest of them seemed to just let her unbelievable behavior off without a second thought.

Thought it was a really weak part of the season.

Yeah, it's the non-reaction that the writers completely botched. No one called her out on her bullsh1t.

From her abuse of spouse and kid to killing Harlan? Barely a whisper.

On top of that, she blames Victor for his actions. Was she not the one suppressing their powers all along?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

One thing I think the show's writing generally does well is have the plot depend on the dysfunctional family dynamic and lack of communication within the group; to some extent it's more like a clever lampshading of the trope but it's done with some aplomb. So in that context I'm hoping that one of next season's plot strands will be challenging Alison's "Me being a wagon is fine because it got me what I wanted" attitude, and possibly seeing her side with Hargreeves against the rest of the group...

3.6: Oh my goodness! 😲

Diegos fingers!! The slicing off of them just came as a bit of a shock!

So... the white buffalo hall mattered! It feels like there's maybe two world enders on the go at the same time.

Everyones stories are so messed up as well.

Oh and losing Stanley after all that! 😁

3.7: Oh it's so wierd! What gives, it's like..

there's no way to fix the kugelblitz.. not that it looked all the fixed anyway.. especially with Lurther up sitting on the balcony with the travel book overlooking the destroyed city

plus old five told young (ish) five not to save the world and it looks to be going that way anyway.

Seems like maybe the oblivion place might be safe from it.. maybe they can go there.. and ride it out or something

and then what's this plan that Ben and the Father have. Seems to be include Klaus at least. Maybe to get Klaus to take out whoever is in the Oblivion side.

All the same, it feels like a decent setup for the last three episodes.

3.8: Awe... shur g'wan, I'll allow it.

A wholesome moment at the end of existence.. why not 🙂

Even if every is currently doom, pointing to different dooms or potential new dooms on the horizon.

The wedding and music scenes all felt proper Umbrella Academy

Real hook to know what happens next feeling at the end there.

3.9: Oh no! Ooooh No! I need to see the next episode!

I think the biggest question I have revolves around Klaus. What happens to one who can't die when Kugelblitzd!

I assume there gonna be some big fight over the other side and at the least that five is gonna lose his arm... although.. from the Dad maybe?😲

Had a big awwwwe moment when

The Hotel Clerk was taken. He kinda grew on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,476 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Am I the only one who mixes up characters/powers with Doom Patrol?

• Advertisement

Finished season 3! I can't say this had a huge moment that jumped out for me. More that it put in a lot of groundwork and character development for a next season. They did keep a general Umbrella Academy feel to it throughout though.

Wasn't keen on turn Alison baddie but ok.. let's see where it goes.

3.10: Well, I felt this was by the numbers and starting thinking to myself.. if this was like the last seasons.. what would happen and sometimes it did.

I think Sloane caught me a bit. When Klaus turned up I was like.. ah there's number 8 so if they wanted to drop a not-Umbrella-Academy member, this could be how. Then it didn't happen but she was gone in the end... but maybe not fully gone.

which I think is hinted by the Double Ben existing. Cue funny encounter next season I'm guessing.

Five lost his arm but got it back!

Oh! and this Abigail from the moon. I wonder if she's like the father... Also big Lexcorp / Wayne Industries vibes off the city buildings they have.

Future: Yes indeed I can't see them not having planned a season 4 way in advance of this.

I don't think it's happened to me.. enough to remember.. or maybe I just don't remember 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

For me the biggest issue is always trying to remember what Diego's power is. Probably the most bland power out of the lot of them (except maybe Luther's strength), but he rarely uses them to any interesting effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just finished it, pretty good overall but definitely had some pacing issues. Far too much of the let's all split up into groups and have some chats scenes. Looks to be well setup for season 4 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16,197 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Completely forgot about this show; somehow just dropped off the radar against so much out there. Caught the first two episodes and I like the Sparrows: "like" in the sense they're all kinda awful people by the looks of things; shades of a more PG version of The Boys, with that díckhead energy of being superheroes living above the rest of us. Liked the way they handled Victor; it was a bit abrupt but also quiet deft at the same time.

The CGI was horrendous though, as I see others spotted. Especially awful use in those rooftop scenes. Smacks of laziness they couldn't construct a convincing rooftop scene. Elliot Page's wig was also pretty terrible, now that I'm picking apart the bad visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I don't think it's a wig, I think it's just a really bad haircut

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I just figured it a wig 'cos Elliot had his hair short, but had to keep it long for a spell while still playing Vanya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭SourSessions

My bad, I misunderstood. His long and short hair were bad this season!

• Advertisement
Advertisement