Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

This R34 V Spec 2 Skyline has only 19K miles, but for the price, you could buy a Ferrari instead.
    https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11550385

That's actually roughly the standard for original R34 gtrs
    155k? I believe was the last auction price
    They've been in the 100k+ category in auctions since I was a teen I'm nearly 30

Obviously wrong side drive and for that kinda of money you'd get a VSPEC II nur edition, nismo, ztune or one of the rare specs

She's a beaut though and personally I'd take a skyline over a similar vintage ferrari any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Some rich yank will buy that and put it in a garage until it's old enough to insure no doubt.
    Or even a continental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

180768691_3867861489918391_2088903092404283647_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=GY4iqGaZg9EAX9qZi_9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=d8875cb408c0d0ca3b5695e8c4184e9e&oe=60B3326D

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/467774810972151/?referral_code=undefined&referral_story_type=general

Sounds like a total twat.

NO MORE TIME WASTERS OR DREAMERS IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT YOU CREDIT UNION LOAN ALREADY SORTED THEN DONT WASTE MY TIME

1994 Honda Civic EG6 Sir2 83k kilometres
    Car was originally black but with it being fully restored I resprayed the car in Carnival yellow as these cars came in that colour from factory but is very rare, car has had new arches and any rust fixed, body worked , primed and painted in a 2 stage base and clear, specs listed below – everything has been done to a high standard and using all new oem parts .
    Exterior
    Full oem look except for Carbon bonnet, vented wings and spoon spoiler.
    Fully sealed underneath
    Interior
    Full oem sir 1 interior with grey dash and door cards to match
    CARPET AND HEADLINER ARE NOT GREAT
    Couldn’t find a full mint sir2 interior so opted for the full sir1, looks well.
    Engine
    Original b16a
    Engine was fully stripped cleaned with all new bottom end bearings and all new honda gasket kit including water pump and head, head was reseated and skimmed with new honda head gasket, fully serviced with new plugs and filters.
    New 4-2-1 2.75 inch manifold with black heat spray
    Has full blue hose kit with new double core radiator
    Itg maxogen carbon airbox with new itg filter
    Suspension
    New oem shocks + tops with 30mm lowering springs all round
    Arms, frames all powder coated black
    All new powerflex bushes, all new bearings
    New discs, pads, calipers front and rear with all new braided lines.
    Wheels
    Rota slipstreams with all new tires
    Car has no nct as of yet it was sent for test and failed on rack and pinion (rack has been replaced) emissions (cat has been fitted) 2 rear bushes (the adjustable nuts where loose they have been tightned)
    Wiper linkage (has been replaced)
    Car needs a driver side windscreen trim thats it everything for the nct has been done it will need the headlights focused and tracking needs to be done and it will fly tru the test
    Pasanger seat is missing a rail but I will get it sorted

No time wasters strictly no test drivers if you haven't got 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

That Civic is definitely in the wrong thread, looks really clean and will likely go for close to that money once those NCT bits are sorted.

Not sure why you think he sounds like a twat?

That's on the money for a clean B16 EG these days.
    There seems to be a disconnect with those not clued into the Japanese scene, prices are gone crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I know him, you're not wrong :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

CianRyan wrote: »
    That's on the money for a clean B16 EG these days.
    There seems to be a disconnect with those not clued into the Japanese scene, prices are gone crazy.

Yea sure we're all stupid. It's a boy racer junker in a shiny jacket with no NCT, Japanese scene my hole!!!

I know that Jap metal is skyrocketing at the moment, but I dont see this one getting close to 10k.

An original, clean car I could maybe see it happening. But other than a fresh lick of paint (in a chav 'Spoon' spec) the car is quite rough around the edges, particularly the interior - which is the wrong one for the car. Lipstick on a pig IMO.

If you are asking top money like the one above, it needs to be perfect.

Missing seat rails, no NCT (regardless of what he promises), trim pieces missing etc.

I stand by it - dreamer.

I noticed he's a local boy to myself too, I don't know him personally but I know loads that do.

Whether you think old Jap cars are "chav" (Ok Britian...) Or not is really irrelevant. They are in demand and EG Civics have a huge following.
    So yeah, Japanese car scene, like it or not.
    Now off you go in your diesel Audi or what ever you're into, I really don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

http://www.adverts.ie/23662922 16,500 for a 99 Fiesta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,045 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Tzardine wrote: »
    I know that Jap metal is skyrocketing at the moment, but I dont see this one getting close to 10k.

An original, clean car I could maybe see it happening. But other than a fresh lick of paint (in a chav 'Spoon' spec) the car is quite rough around the edges, particularly the interior - which is the wrong one for the car. Lipstick on a pig IMO.

Missing seat rails, no NCT (regardless of what he promises), trim pieces missing etc.

I stand by it - dreamer.

Lipstick on a pig:D I love it!!
    Sadly 99% of Irish junkers are in this category.

mad dave wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/23662922 16,500 for a 99 Fiesta.

Savage. I also have a 99 one in the shed. Its mint a 3 door with even less mileage.

I should put it up for 20k. :pac:

CianRyan wrote: »
    Now off you go in your diesel Audi or what ever you're into, I really don't care.

Seems like you do. You appear to be quite upset that not everyone agrees with your summation of the Jap car market.

Seems like you do. You appear to be quite upset that not everyone agrees with your summation of the Jap car market.

There's not much to agree about, it's just a strange unacceptance of the current market by some members here.

I guess I care a little, in so much as it amuses me to see people so clueless.

Like a Supra being over priced at 20k. Jaysus.

His summation isn't wrong though

I dont disagree that the Jap market is strong, and Civics are in demand and getting good money.

IMO the yellow one in particular is a dreamer for the reasons above.

I dont disagree that the Jap market is strong, and Civics are in demand and getting good money.

IMO the yellow one in particular is a dreamer for the reasons above.

Knowing the Honda scene, it isn't... Unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

It's a struggle to even find a yardstick for an eg6 at the moment, not many left. Is this one a genuine shell or a build, it's difficult to tell with the interior comments? I'd be interested to see someone value that one - what's it worth if it's not worth 10k?

We will agree to disagree so. i just dont see it for this particular one.

Interestingly it is advertised on DD for 23 days.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1994-honda-civic/27745443

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'd be surprised if that civic doesn't go for 10k. You wouldn't build an eg for 10k right now when you factor in buying a shell or non dohc one for 6-7k and then sourcing a fully rebuilt engine and all the other pieces. You just wouldn't.

• Advertisement

I stand by it - dreamer.

In 2018 money thats a 3-4k car. With the junk thats going around for big money these days (not just jap stuff) thats a 10k car with the niggles resolved. It might be a little overpriced for the market but not dreamer territory.

The yellow is a rare original honda colour (how is spoon "chav"?)
    Rust done and undersealing complete
    b16 engine build (if done correctly) is a big draw
    Interior is fairly standard (even if its Sir1 v 2)

Its just not an off the wall price no matter how you dress it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Agree with Cian and Midnight_EG on this. Even though it does look a bit rough around the edges, 10k is pretty much bang on the money for what it will sell for. As a massive Honda fan, it's frustrating, as I'd love a DC2 again as a toy and an Accord Euro R (CL7) as my everyday car, but both are worth big money these days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Slightly OT but without ever seeing it - I'm pretty sure Wibbs has a €20k+ dc2r, it just has to be one of the best in the country.

We will agree to disagree so. i just dont see it for this particular one.

Interestingly it is advertised on DD for 23 days.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1994-honda-civic/27745443

The only reason it hasn't sold, is (from experience) he's hard to deal with. A mate of mine sold an EG6 3 weeks ago for 17 grand. You can't get one out of Japan for under 20 without rust or big crash history. Go look, you might not think the market is correct, but it is. Everything JDM is the EXACT same, there's no such thing as a cheap cool car anymore, not like what we got to experience in the last 15-20 years.

The last DC2 I owned, I bought for under 2500 euro and sold for 5k,which was the upper market price at the time. The last S14 I bought owed me €1850 all in, sold it for €8700. My last R34 (non-runner, needed paint plus engine/box) I bought for €4200 and sold for nearly €10,000. The market is different, its not what we remember.

It is heartbreaking watching the prices of them grow, I'd love an EG or EK but they have gone beyond what I would spend on a car at this stage of my life.
    Even a few years back when I had 5k to spend, they were out of reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I bought a DC2 for 10.5k about 12 years ago, sold it about 3 years later for 4.2k. That DC2 is now worth multiples what I sold it for, even with all the extra mileage and everyday wear and tear. I've regretted selling it since I let it go.

The EK shape has always been my favourite Civic shape, but I've resigned myself to never owning an EK9 Type R as the price of them is just mental. I would take a clean Civic SiR EK4 if they were reasonably priced, but the price of them is also hefty these days

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭hellyeah

I bought a DC2 for 10.5k about 12 years ago, sold it about 3 years later for 4.2k. That DC2 is now worth multiples what I sold it for, even with all the extra mileage and everyday wear and tear. I've regretted selling it since I let it go.

The EK shape has always been my favourite Civic shape, but I've resigned myself to never owning an EK9 Type R as the price of them is just mental. I would take a clean Civic SiR EK4 if they were reasonably priced, but the price of them is also hefty these days

Similar story here. Had a black dc2 that I sold in 2011 for about 4k. Standard car too.
    Very rarely see them for sale now, must be all locked up in sheds. Regretted seiling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,945 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Slightly OT but without ever seeing it - I'm pretty sure Wibbs has a €20k+ dc2r, it just has to be one of the best in the country.

I've seen it, and yes. It is mint.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

cpoh1 wrote: »
    In 2018 money thats a 3-4k car. With the junk thats going around for big money these days (not just jap stuff) thats a 10k car with the niggles resolved. It might be a little overpriced for the market but not dreamer territory.
    With the way the JDM stuff has gone recently and bloody rapidly I'd not be too surprised if it got 8K anyway. That said...
    The yellow is a rare original honda colour
    But not the original colour to the car. That's a big issue in my book. Then again it's not a very original car that would appeal to collectors so probably not so big a deal, but at that money?
    (how is spoon "chav"?)
    It's not. They make serious quality parts. Unless it's fake chinesium. :D
    Rust done and undersealing complete
    I'd want to see extensive pics of the work carried out. Rust goes deep on them and I've seen pristine looking "repaired" examples that were so rotten in the inside if it were a tooth you'd pull it. Underseal can cover a multitude of sins.
    b16 engine build (if done correctly) is a big draw
    If done correctly is the biggie. I've seen a few builds done locally over the years that lasted feck all miles before they started to smoke. TBH if my glorified Civic's engine ever went bang, I'd sell the corpse of it to someone who could rebuild it and order a Spoon crate engine and be done with it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

If I was buying that car id have it up on a lift with a screwdriver, thats for sure.

Advertisement