Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I know nothing about old Fords but it looks like a fuel line connector in the centre, could be a feed for the carb, no idea why there are so many pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Fuel metering unit. My father had a few xr3s, I remember changing one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

The red parts are the "i" in XR3i
    It's part of the fuel injection system.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Seems complicated compared to other fuel injection systems from the 80's/90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Seems complicated compared to other fuel injection systems from the 80's/90's.

Its actually fairly simple, but it is old fashioned mechanical fuel injection (MFi) compared to the later electronic fuel injection (EFi) systems.

If you want to see a complicated MFi system, have a look at some of the earlier Mercs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Tzardine wrote: »
    Its actually fairly simple, but it is old fashioned mechanical fuel injection (MFi) compared to the later electronic fuel injection (EFi) systems.

If you want to see a complicated MFi system, have a look at some of the earlier Mercs.

Dang right, I had a 1.8 190e - it had efi but also what looked a lot like a carb. I just know it worked, nothing more :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭passatman86

Had a Levin years ago but couldn't see any one paying more than 6k. Stranger things have happened. That Levin is ek9 type R money

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

Completely original. Except for the superstrut suspension missing as the owner didn't want to pay the money to replace it. And the drilled and grooved discs matched with Blue Print brake pads. And replacement alloys. (14 inch I may add.)

But apart from that, completely original.

I have a Levin and I have never seen one that price well apart from many years ago when they first imported.

It doesn't even have Super Strut suspension. Mine doesn't either as it was changed out for McPhersion but still if I was going to be paying that high of a price(which I doubt anyone will) it would have to have got a brand new SSS fitted not one that has been on the car for the past number of years.

My car has higher mileage but the steering wheel isn't as worn as that one.

• Advertisement

Chancer, making out the super strut taken out is a bonus. Haha

Yeah, good luck. It's clean but it's far from original.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Chancer, making out the super strut taken out is a bonus. Haha

Yeah, good luck. It's clean but it's far from original.

I never even read the description till now I had seen the pictures and seen it didn't have SSS.

The line deposit secures as if the phone is going to be hoping or something.

It really annoys me when people take the superstrut out of levins and try to make it out to be a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

PsychoPete wrote: »
    It really annoys me when people take the superstrut out of levins and try to make it out to be a good thing

It's a good thing for cheap people... Because Levins were a sub 1k car at one point and SS was touching 2 grand to replace at the time.

It's a good thing for cheap people... Because Levins were a sub 1k car at one point and SS was touching 2 grand to replace at the time.

It probably costs that now if not more as I doubt Toyota is still making them. Some Celicas have super strut also but they are different from Levins as in you can not just pick up a Celica set and hope it works in your car.

The ST205 stuff is totally different, all cantilever but more like an old Mazda Xedos 9.
    I worked on Gerry Ryan's old Xedos a few times, so cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭pah

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-is-2008-sunroof-1-owner-auto-exec/28168865

A dreamer at half the price. Bought a 06 3years ago for €2200

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

And it’s on the more expensive Co2 tax!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That Levin is ek9 type R money
    Not any more. Having had a look out there on the back of this thread an EK9 R now would be over double that. The Japanese are looking at their own heritage now and pushing up the prices and of course the US market is in play now.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

bladespin wrote: »
    Vury Dempsey and Makepeace

1-31.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Miscreant

^
    You need to catch up on your 1980s UK detective TV shows then :)

I believe it was a convertible XR3i in Dempsey & Makepeace though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yup, it was

hqdefault.jpg

IIRC the "Yank" cop drove a Merc convertible, Fords filled out the rest of the fleet. As was the case with British cop shows back then. They were usually a rolling advert for Fords.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/318187596550704/

€5500 for a non 20 valve levin, does this qualify?

I like his honesty at the end of the ad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Rear subframe looks red rotten too.

I wouldn't even ask for that much for my own 20v Levin. And mine has new alloys and new premium tyres.

You're right in all(just went back to look). If that part is rusted so is the rest of the underbody. You just cannot see it from the pictures he took.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I like his honesty at the end of the ad
    Same here.

In terms of body its ugly as fúck, needs respray badly was gonna do it but ran out of time, wheels are ugly as well the chrome is fúcked

Defo a cut above compared to most out there. :D
    Could well be just surface too T. Unless that's a known fail on them and that's what it looks like? 90's Jap car of course so.... It's got an NCT too. Wouldn't they have spotted a rotten rear end(matron!).

i don't think he's taking the piss too much, especially these days with JDM stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Ah i'd say it's probably ok strength wise for another while but it's probably beyond the point of tidying up. I wouldn't think anything is servicable on it anymore by the look of it, i'd say if you want to adjust anything the nuts and bolts will be snapping like nobodys business.

Looks like the rest of the car has been shultz'd at some point as they weren't undersealed from the factory so it should be body coloured under the car. Rear chassis legs look like they are starting to get some action too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Why the hell is there such an increase in people using Snapchat screenshots with the captions on them in car ads????

Advertisement