Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That 1.4 civic that was posted a while back just to go back on that as I was browsing Donedeal just now and came across it again. He is asking €10,500. Is he off the head and it's not even mint. Steering wheel worn. Drivers seat has stains and there are a few dents in body work. All he has to do is look at what other of that gen 1.4 civics are going for which is a small bit over a grand or under a grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

That 1.4 civic that was posted a while back just to go back on that as I was browsing Donedeal just now and came across it again. He is asking €10,500. Is he off the head and it's not even mint. Steering wheel worn. Drivers seat has stains and there are a few dents in body work. All he has to do is look at what other of that gen 1.4 civics are going for which is a small bit over a grand or under a grand.

Which one was that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Wibbs wrote: »

Lol I’d love to have whatever he’s smoking

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

And there's this one https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1-4-ej9-honda-civic/28274166 that needs work for 1500 quid, best offer takes it and if you put the difference of nine grand into it you'd have a much better car.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Or this https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-integra-dc1/28287683 slap a K20 donk into it and if you did a bit of the spannering yourself you'd not be far off 10k and have a lot more car. Hell if that's a genuine Mugen phase 1 spoiler, that's near 2k on its own(to Americans anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭The_Dark_Lord

I know this is the wrong thread but take a look at this stunning Twincam. It looks absolutely pristine, not surprised it's sold. https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/sold-sold-sold/28145055

I know this is the wrong thread but take a look at this stunning Twincam. It looks absolutely pristine, not surprised it's sold. https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/sold-sold-sold/28145055

It is mint and I don't know how much it sold for but from what I remember that was up for a high price. Is it worth it is up to the guy who has a fair chunk of change in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

It is mint and I don't know how much it sold for but from what I remember that was up for a high price. Is it worth it is up to the guy who has a fair chunk of change in the bank.

£33.5k stg, still on the add.

They've definitely reached old ford status now anyway

From the listing; "£33,500 Sterling or euro equivalent NOT Negotiable".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I don't get the love for the twin-cam at all. Just not my cup of tea.

But I will say one thing, I never see one that is anything but mint. They guys that have them keep them in amazing nick.

I'd say a lot of fellas would take that Twincam over a similar condition mk4 Supra.

I'd say a lot of fellas would take that Twincam over a similar condition mk4 Supra.

I'd love a mk4 Supra and the only mods I'd like would be a modern(spool faster) single turbo setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

At least you can drive the bag out of the twincam and knock a bit of craic out of it, you'd barely get a big single supra spooled up these days with garda/speedvan/pedestrians/cyclists/those reporting types with camera evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Tzardine wrote: »
    I don't get the love for the twin-cam at all. Just not my cup of tea.

But I will say one thing, I never see one that is anything but mint. They guys that have them keep them in amazing nick.

There's alot of them that look fresh on the outside but very ropey underneath. Mine is both ropey on the outside and even worse underneath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

The twincam is dangerously reaching the territory where its going to be wrapped up in cotton wool and people will miss out on driving the skin off it like it was intended.

In the late 90s these were cheap fun trash cars you could use and abuse, if you have one for years thats stood you nothing you can continue like that but buying one for 30k? You just cant use it like its intended at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

cpoh1 wrote: »
    The twincam is dangerously reaching the territory where its going to be wrapped up in cotton wool and people will miss out on driving the skin off it like it was intended.

In the late 90s these were cheap fun trash cars you could use and abuse, if you have one for years thats stood you nothing you can continue like that but buying one for 30k? You just cant use it like its intended at that price.

Twincams have been there for quite a while.

Half of all is200s sold in England must be sitting on Irish forecourts on saturday nights at this stage.

cpoh1 wrote: »

I'm a strong believer in using and abusing cars, friend an immaculate twin cam. Drives it maybe twice a year, it's one of those bubbles all year round. As long as he's had it its never seen so much as a kick of the clutch. Such a waste of a car

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I bought ticket for that red twin cam doing the roads, if I win it it will be a drift car.
    Not sorry.

CianRyan wrote: »
    I bought ticket for that red twin cam doing the roads, if I win it it will be a drift car.
    Not sorry.

That had me tempted, was that for sale for around 14k sterling? Throw in an sr and then track just to really piss people off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

PsychoPete wrote: »
    That had me tempted, was that for sale for around 14k sterling? Throw in an sr and then track just to really piss people off

I didn't see it before hand, they're claiming it's a fresh import but who knows really. Even if it's pure rust, it'd be €20 worth of fun.

Ah now, that would be too sensible. Why not a 13b or an OM606? :pac:

I didn't see it before hand, they're claiming it's a fresh import but who knows really. Even if it's pure rust, it'd be €20 worth of fun.

Ah now, that would be too sensible. Why not a 13b or an OM606? :pac:

There was one very very similar to that one in fermanagh that was a fresh import so I'd say it is the same one

Pristine competitions have a gold twin cam up as well for £25 if anybody is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭yamaha4life

One of the worst cars I've ever driven. Horrible little yolk..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Pristine competitions have a gold twin cam up as well for £25 if anybody is interested.

Looks like that was won a few weeks ago. Winner must have taken the money & it's up again

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Not sorry.

I bought one too. I haven't won anything since I won an Easter egg in 5th class almost 30 years ago.

TigerTim wrote: »
    Looks like that was won a few weeks ago. Winner must have taken the money & it's up again

T.

There must be great money to be made running these competitions as they were advertising a beach front apartment the past two or three weeks or £200,000 or 250k or 300k cash cannot remember the exact cash figure. So if they can be offering those cash figures they must be pulling in a nice salary for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

There must be great money to be made running these competitions as they were advertising a beach front apartment the past two or three weeks or £200,000 or 250k or 300k cash cannot remember the exact cash figure. So if they can be offering those cash figures they must be pulling in a nice salary for themselves.

If you look at rkings and do the maths on some of the cars they are clearing serious cash. Fair dues to them for a great idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I bought one too. I haven't won anything since I won an Easter egg in 5th class almost 30 years ago.
    On a par with the musical pencil case I won in either 3rd or 4th class (you know the rigid plastic ones that had the small keyboard on them)

Well I may have won a fiver on a scratchcard since.

Advertisement