Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

On a par with the musical pencil case I won in either 3rd or 4th class (you know the rigid plastic ones that had the small keyboard on them)

Well I may have won a fiver on a scratchcard since.

Holy crap, I remember those!

p/x for 30 year old maltesers easter egg?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What about the can of coke in the coke factory....

Give that boy a can of coke

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What about the can of coke in the coke factory....

Give that boy a can of coke

I remember hearing about that when I was younger never actually went to a coke factory myself so I do not know if it was true.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I bought one too. I haven't won anything since I won an Easter egg in 5th class almost 30 years ago.

Maths don't add up. You mean almost 25 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Maths don't add up. You mean almost 25 years ago.

25/30 who cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1996-nissan-mitsouka-viewt/28333388

51223390157_90ba3e5682_z.jpg

51225171555_73b9169bf8_z.jpg
    ##NO ENGINE OR GEARBOX##
    €3,500

The delusion in the ad is hilarious too

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Looks crap

“DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER ON THIS ONE”

*Reads book*

Turns out to be crap

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bad spray job doesn't explain why the chrome's red rusty in spots, or why the wings are rusted through and have more filler than the Isopon factory. In the UK where there would be a much larger market they're a five grand car in spic and span nick. You'd spend that on this example and still be left with eye poison. "Basically new" tyres though, so there's that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Wibbs wrote: »
    Bad spray job doesn't explain why the chrome's red rusty in spots, or why the wings are rusted through and have more filler than the Isopon factory. In the UK where there would be a much larger market they're a five grand car in spic and span nick. You'd spend that on this example and still be left with eye poison. "Basically new" tyres though, so there's that.

Lol eye poison.
    If you bought that car for a hen house the hens would laugh

That is an absolutely horrendous looking thing. Should be burnt. It reminds of me of those Ferrari MR2 kitcar abominations..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

And they didn't improve with time and updates...

maxresdefault.jpg

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Love that ****!
    €3500!!!?!?!?!
    What planet is he living on?

No Engine or gearbox!
    It's SCRAP!

You can see where the roof was extended at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Wibbs wrote: »
    And they didn't improve with time and updates...

maxresdefault.jpg

Is that not just an Almera/Primera with a different front bumper and bonet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

It's dog ****, I agree.

But if it had an engine and was €1500 or so i'd say it'd be snapped up. That's a class bit of patina, you couldn't replicate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

no pics but certainly got to be dreamer of the year. https://www.carsireland.ie/2840486

Called to see if it was a mistake, told to stop wasting his time, sorry for the 51 seconds of your time to discuss a car you have no pics for and want £30k for probably, 10 times what its worth, if he'd let me talk before hanging up He might have found out I was the TVR Car Club Regional organiser and he could explain why his 8 owner 87,000 mile 350i is at €30k - its obviously an absolute minter.....

Is that not just an Almera/Primera with a different front bumper and bonet?

Primera indeed....

You would want to be in India or insane to drive that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

It's dog ****, I agree.

But if it had an engine and was €1500 or so i'd say it'd be snapped up. That's a class bit of patina, you couldn't replicate it.

The blocks in those are known for warping. A good engine alone is 2500 euro. The old micra engine is the same but doesn't have the bolt castings to bolt the turbo on so can't be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Speedline wrote: »
    The blocks in those are known for warping. A good engine alone is 2500 euro. The old micra engine is the same but doesn't have the bolt castings to bolt the turbo on so can't be used.

These aren't turbo, it's the Figaro/Be-1 and S Cargo that are turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

They look like cars that that fella Leepu would have designed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭User1998

The front kind of looks like one of those fake Chinese knock off cars from Top Gear a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

User1998 wrote: »
    The front kind of looks like one of those fake Chinese knock off cars from Top Gear a few years ago

Or some of the old BL/Austin Vanden Plas abominations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

It is a nice vehicle, I wouldn't mind having it myself if I didn't have the S60. Probably needs a throttle (ETM) though at this stage

But the price?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

€9995
    eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJrZXkiOiJwaG90b18xODI2MzE0MjkiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjEyMDAsImhlaWdodCI6MTIwMCwiZml0IjoiaW5zaWRlIn19fQ==?signature=fcbdea2bdacf4f93bdc75d67f2c39b21b53304f1d49bc7f8297b9acb594e2057

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

And then this is part of the ad!

Bought a low mileage 03 11 years ago for less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭pawdee

I sold a black 05 one (automatic, mint condition, with leather) for I think 850 euros about 3 years ago. I must have been crazy! Crazy and broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭bbuzz

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/28391584

Got to love this guy’s honesty - after you check the price read the add :)

Feckin brilliant! :pac:

*It’s an Alfa Romeo so who knows.

** The price on this isn’t serious at all. It’s an adolescent artistic protest of how crazy the Irish car market has become since January, and in particular the 500% mark-up crowd when the ink on the logbook is still wet.

*** It is for sale, and I’m a nice enough chap. Time wasters and tyre kickers welcomed.

Now there's a lad who deserves the price listed regardless of the car. Saw the location as Cork. Wasn't surprised. :D

800 is too much

• Advertisement

http://www.adverts.ie/23972711

I sold this car in May for €500. I was happy to get that to be honest. Needed 4 new tyres, clutch was juddering like mad, burning oil, hole in the exhaust, timing belt was due, needed both cam actuators replaced as it sounded like a tractor on start up and it was absolutely pissing oil all over the manifold as the oil cooler was warped...

Oh and the whole dash clocks would die sometimes. I had to pull it out to reconnect the plug to get it back again.

Advertisement