Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Who would buy a automatic 20v.

Someone with a spare manual box.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Someone with a spare manual box.

You need more than that ECU, box, shifter, linkage cables and anything else I'm not thinking about.

You would want a good discount on buying price of the car to factor in the cost of the conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The silver top isn't overly quick anyway, someone in the market for a 20v will snap that up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'd say you could convert it to manual for under €1k.

I dont think people are going to que around the block to hand over €8950 for it but I dont think he's a million miles out. It's extremely tidy, probably get an enthusiast who would pay 7 or 7.5 for it I'd say but he'll be sitting on it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Who would buy a automatic 20v.

Someone like me who only drives auto....but I wouldnt spend 9k :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

The problem you encounter then though is you've a manual conversion 20v and while it may be mint it still isn't 100% original and this is an issue for the few who have such deep pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

You need more than that ECU, box, shifter, linkage cables and anything else I'm not thinking about.

You would want a good discount on buying price of the car to factor in the cost of the conversion.

i converted one 2 years ago , very easy to do for sub 1k
    car was in huge demand when i sold it as everybody knew a auto 20v had a easy life

its about 2k overpriced with todays market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

sc86 wrote: »
    i converted one 2 years ago , very easy to do for sub 1k
    car was in huge demand when i sold it as everybody knew a auto 20v had a easy life

its about 2k overpriced with todays market
    Problem is todays market has just imploded!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Christ that’s lunacy. I can appreciate a nice Toyota as much as the next fella, but 9 grand for that.

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Someone like me who only drives auto....but I wouldnt spend 9k :D
    But thats the thing. The purists here who would spend €9k on a 20V wont be wanting an automatic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

But thats the thing. The purists here who would spend €9k on a 20V wont be wanting an automatic.

What I should have said is its a pain in the arse for us auto boys to get cars like that so someone might pay near enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

At an asking price of 900 he would be doing well to sell it. I had a few old toyotas and really they only sold around the 400 - 500 mark and they were near show room condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

At an asking price of 900 he would be doing well to sell it. I had a few old toyotas and really they only sold around the 400 - 500 mark and they were near show room condition.

I know right, I have a 1983 original irish reg'd corolla gt coupe there and I can't even get a grand for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Where to even start with this one. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I know right, I have a 1983 original irish reg'd corolla gt coupe there and I can't even get a grand for it.

I'll give ya a 12 pack of tayto and some orchard thieves cans from last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

How rotted is it if you can't get a grand for it 🀔🀨
    Or is it auto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Mjolnir wrote: »
    How rotted is it if you can't get a grand for it 🀔🀨
    Or is it auto

I don't have one :D but if I did, the vin tag and book themselves would probably give me a good shot at buying that 20v :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I don't have one :D but if I did, the vin tag and book themselves would probably give me a good shot at buying that 20v :pac:

You better have not opened those cans of cider in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That's not too bad considering all he is really selling is the engine and box. It would cost more for an engine by itself from the likes of ebay or another place you can pick up an engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭CoBo55

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

We are selling this vehicle on behalf of our customer.

Humoring the customer they sold it to rather than trade it in I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

[URL] https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-e39-525i-m-sport/24623452 [/URL]

Crazy money for a high mileage 525i thats been sitting up for 4 years. You would bring in a low mileage 530i sport from the UK for a lot less

MDA3NTNlMDIwZjg2YTUwYzYyYWZkNmRmNzJiNzZmMmaLGyeO2Mkmd2tvcHmxiXi9aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU0ODg0NzN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

marcos_94 wrote: »
    [URL] https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-e39-525i-m-sport/24623452 [/URL]

Crazy money for a high mileage 525i thats been sitting up for 4 years. You would bring in a low mileage 530i sport from the UK for a lot less

"CALLS ONLY. CALLS ONLY CALLS ONLY
    NO TEXTS NO TEXTS NO TEXTS
    1ST COME 1ST SERVED
    NO DEPOSITS
    NO SWAPS
    NO TRADES
    NO WAFFLERS
    IF YOUR BUYING YOUR BUYING "

:D:D:D no buyers...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

LED reg plate bulbs must ad a bit to the value though?

What's that car worth? €2500 to an enthusiast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

LED reg plate bulbs must ad a bit to the value though?

What's that car worth? €2500 to an enthusiast?

Yeah and LOG BOOK PRESENT, says as if its a plus!?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭CoBo55

pcardin wrote: »
    "CALLS ONLY. CALLS ONLY CALLS ONLY
    NO TEXTS NO TEXTS NO TEXTS
    1ST COME 1ST SERVED
    NO DEPOSITS
    NO SWAPS
    NO TRADES
    NO WAFFLERS
    IF YOUR BUYING YOUR BUYING "

:D:D:D no buyers...

NCT expiry 2014... Jog on son, put the winkers on some other fool.

Advertisement