Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Comprehensive paint detail, yet can't do an oil change.

Chancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

10fathoms wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-focus-rs-mk1/24639362

So due an NCT and an oil change?? But wait he's kindly offered to change the oil for a small fee.

I'm guessing those 2 new front tyres are Triangle's finest rubber.

How do these clowns stay in business?

I know him too, Jason... Its not his car, or owned by the business either so would you service somebody else's car at your cost?

https://www.facebook.com/1539696593004243/posts/2244381469202415/

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭10fathoms

I know him too, Jason... Its not his car, or owned by the business either so would you service somebody else's car at your cost?

https://www.facebook.com/1539696593004243/posts/2244381469202415/

Why would you not? Surely it's on commission? And carrying out a full paint restoration without addressing the mentioned damage to the bumper? Something doesn't add up..

Why would you not? Surely it's on commission? And carrying out a full paint restoration without addressing the mentioned damage to the bumper? Something doesn't add up..

Simple really... The owner didn't want to?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The bird man

I Was VB wrote: »
    Deane motors have some lovely stock there’s no question about it, but their social media seems to been run by Ross O’Carroll Kelly.

It’s a bit of a laugh in all fairness. To be fair I enjoy their social media. Nobody else like them here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, asking 12k for an 11 year old Insignia v6 turbo:

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe9a98961d2e0d53db4422a92c55079a659.jpg

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2475272&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D63%26o%5B%5D%3D1405%26f%3D1%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Simple really... The owner didn't want to?

Kinda strange that the car has been sitting in the showroom for a few years, if there’s test drives to be done, surely an oil change is a must?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Cuir_Cosc_Orm

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Kinda strange that the car has been sitting in the showroom for a few years, if there’s test drives to be done, surely an oil change is a must?

They've also skimped on replacing the rear tyres that have been on the car in storage for years.

I wouldn't fancy driving a "performance" car with cracking rear tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 not2be

colm_mcm wrote: »

If the vehicle does not have a valid Nct surely the dealer selling it would be unable to offer people test drives?

He is advising its due an oil change/ service and he notes "Obviously not being one of my own cars I cant warranty this vehicle".....
    does this indicate that he vehicle has not been inspected and has been parked up with years by the sounds of it.... surely giving the vehicle a mechanical inspection at a minimum to ensure you are not sending someone out to test drive a car with defective brakes, steering or suspension for example....

That being said, i guess you will only know from speaking with the seller if he is actually allowing people to drive the car without a valid nct.... I would safely say 99% of people that would be looking to purchase a car like this would not buy without test drive especially considering this example was previously damaged...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

In fairness, it doesn't make sense.

It's not like it's rocket science to post a donedeal ad, if this other fella wants to sell it, let him post the ad.

If you're advertising a product through your business, you don't want it to make a mockery of your business.

It's good that they are upfront about the Cat D and I see the point they are making about it being from 2004 but it is a joke looking €14k for a performance car on a dealers website and stating it's due an oil change and you'll do that for the few bob extra and no warranty "obviously". It's all just a bit fishy IMO.

If it's a private sale, a donedeal ad is €5 and you need no special skills to post the ad. If you are buying a car that you seen on a dealers business webpage, that you viewed in a dealers showroom, it's a dealer sale and really should be treated as such by the dealer, if the dealer isn't treating it as one, there's probably a good reason.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, asking 12k for an 11 year old Insignia v6 turbo:

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe9a98961d2e0d53db4422a92c55079a659.jpg

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2475272&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D63%26o%5B%5D%3D1405%26f%3D1%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

Eye watering annual road tax on top of the price too... €2350...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah but it's a "future classic" according to the seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭dmc17

He may hold onto it so!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The worst part of that is the fact it's an Insignia

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

The day insignia's are considered a classic in the true sense is a sad day indeed.

Why is it every other car of a certain age that's not a normal econobox is marketed as a future classic. In the sense they'll get cheap tax yea sure. In the sense that they'll be remembered fondly, desirable and possibly appreciate in value... eh.... no

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

At 2350 to tax an insignia,it should be baled and recycled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Mjolnir wrote: »
    The day insignia's are considered a classic in the true sense is a sad day indeed.

Any car that survives long enough will eventually become a classic. Even horrendous cars like the Insignia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭I Was VB

Mjolnir wrote: »

Why is it every other car of a certain age that's not a normal econobox is marketed as a future classic. In the sense they'll get cheap tax yea sure. In the sense that they'll be remembered fondly, desirable and possibly appreciate in value... eh.... no

Only 19 years until the ‘chape tax.. lol

At 2350 to tax an insignia,it should be baled and recycled.

Id say if the price was right... it would end up in the North...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ford-focus-rs-mk1/24639362

So due an NCT and an oil change?? But wait he's kindly offered to change the oil for a small fee.

I'm guessing those 2 new front tyres are Triangle's finest rubber.

How do these clowns stay in business?

73 miles... any ad that can't be arsed putting in the correct mileage is generally worth steering clear of.

• Advertisement

oh dear...... this example looks almost as "Holy" as the Popes old G Wagon....

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2537495&r=s.php%3Fyx%3D1990%26g%3D4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

not2be wrote: »
    oh dear...... this example looks almost as "Holy" as the Popes old G Wagon....

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2537495&r=s.php%3Fyx%3D1990%26g%3D4

Serious rust in the rh wheel arch. One for the brave.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dubbrin

pablo128 wrote: »
    Serious rust in the rh wheel arch. One for the brave.

Are the Gee Wagons prone to a little oxidation? Never looked at or really heard about one.

Is this the brother of the BMW dealer? Seem to remember him cropping up here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

PsychoPete wrote: »
    They don't mention who "details" them ? They don't seem to have a trained eye for detailing
    They frequently mention who details them. Ridiculously often on all their social media.
    Jonathan in JC Autocare is their detailer, and he's been trained by the best (Ian, from Elite Autocare) but that 'valet' bangs of 'do a cheap job to make it look good outside'. I know Jon personally, and a long time at that.

Here's the Facebook Post from him, https://www.facebook.com/708305009236046/posts/2921190741280784/

I've had my car valeted by Jonathan and was very impressed with the level of work

Ugh. Putting stripes on carpets with a Hoover does my head in.

I've had my car valeted by Jonathan and was very impressed with the level of work

Well let's hope he either didn't do that 8 series or was only asked to give it a wash, tyre shine and vacuum the ///M logos anywhere he could.

Well let's hope he either didn't do that 8 series or was only asked to give it a wash, tyre shine and vacuum the ///M logos anywhere he could.

Clearly missed the post I linked then

Clearly missed the post I linked then

I did miss it actually, just seen it there now. No pics in the drivers door so cannot say really.

What do you reckon yourself?

• Advertisement

I did miss it actually, just seen it there now. No pics in the drivers door so cannot say really.

What do you reckon yourself?

Like I said, I reckon it was a 'clean it up outside' job.

Advertisement