Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Duke, I see your stupidly overpriced Merc and give you this https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/01-golf-gti-mk4/24733016

The child must come with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The child must come with it.

That’s the owner, he was 5 but he’s been remapped so he’s 36 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Is that ad supposed to be a piss take or what?

But it's got loads of brannew stuff on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

https://www.donedeal.ie/tools-for-sale/boxy-starlet-turbo-bonnet/23880267?campaign=14

Does this qualify? 1000 for a bonnet for a boxy starlet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Worth 1000 euro all day long. They normally sell for 1000 - 1300 if you can find one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/seat-ibiza-cupra-200bhp/24739471

€3350 for a 15yro Seat ibiza with 200k Miles.

This lad has been sniffing the Nox from his big exhaust.

Only explaination I can think of is that he's asking €3,300 for the Boxster alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

bcklschaps wrote: »

Only explaination I can think of is that he's asking €3,300 for the Boxster alloys.

I’d say she got a coat of polish during the lock down and the daydream started from there.
    No test or tax on it either.
    A bageen a daggens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Correct me if I'm wrong and there's nothing to counter this in the ad but weren't those 1.9 tdi Cupra diesels only around 150/160hp as stock.
    The Mk5 Golf GTI of the same vintage was a 2.0 and was 200hp so where's this one getting the power jump!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭User1998

Probably remapped

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

6 seconds to 100kph from 1.9tdi.
    That is 330d/530d performance for peanuts.
    Absolute bargain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

It's a cupra 160pd they were 160 bhp as standard with brembo brakes etc, the original wheels are nicer than the Porsche wheels too. The are a quick car when mapped.

I thought maybe a map alright thoúgh it would be handy if the seller actually pointed out where the power was coming from!

Killinator wrote: »
    I thought maybe a map alright thoúgh it would be handy if the seller actually pointed out where the power was coming from!

Typical of your average done deal advert really, most don't even bother taking interior pictures :D

tossy wrote: »
    Typical of your average done deal advert really, most don't even bother taking interior pictures :D

I can imagine the opening conversation:

Buyer - So you advertised it as 200hp when they came as stock with 160hp. How'd you get the extra 40hp?

Seller - I was hoping you just weren't going to ask that. It is shiny though!

Buyer - Agreed, here's some cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Killinator wrote: »
    The wheels, clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭littlevillage

tossy wrote: »
    It's a cupra 160pd they were 160 bhp as standard with brembo brakes etc, the original wheels are nicer than the Porsche wheels too. The are a quick car when mapped.

I think the top spec Ibiza of that era had the VAG PD130 TDI engine so had 130bhp stock (same as older gen Golf/Passat) it would have actually been quick cause they are tiny and very light cars.

Don't know what's going on with this joker though, 200bhp seems far fetched and even if true with some modding etc. after 200k miles.... its ready for the scrapyard.

Na after a while them ibizas got a bls(?) 160bhp 1.9tdi engine which was very similar to the arl 150bhp 1.9 tdi engine.

A simple remap would leave it at 200bhp.

Nippy cars as standard, very lively for what they are when remapped.

I think the top spec Ibiza of that era had the VAG PD130 TDI engine so had 130bhp stock (same as older gen Golf/Passat) it would have actually been quick cause they are tiny and very light cars.

Its 100% a 160pd cupra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Would one that is remapped to 200bhp do 60+ mpg? (as the seller wrote).

I could be totally wrong but on the face of it that would seem to me to be a tall tale.

Would one that is remapped to 200bhp do 60+ mpg? (as the seller wrote).

I could be totally wrong but on the face of it that would seem to me to be a tall tale.

60+ mpg sounds a tad exaggerated. In my experience you'd struggle to get that consistently from any of the 1.9 pd engines. Whether they're remapped or on factory settings. Mid to high 50's would be more like it.

But on the remapped mpg point, if you drive them for economy I've always found they'll pretty much do the same mpg as they did pre remap.

It's when it comes to using the power gained from the remap that mpg suffers. But as long as you're not going to redline at any and every acceleration opportunity any mpg difference will be negligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

e46 325 auto on UK plates for 5K.
    VRT adds another 1300.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/bmw-325i-35k-miles/24898801

YjUwY2I5YTViMWY3OGM5M2RiMzRmOTgyNTA4MzUyYzjKxUVZWEWQQpJMt_TTnLzGaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDc0NTgxOTl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I like the little detail about the man not being married

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I dont know much about BMWs or the E46, so I have no idea if thats a dreamer.

But I like it a lot, clean car.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Would you pay €7k for it including nox and VRT charges?

I’d have thought they’d be around €1500 usually, making that worth €2.5k tops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I think it will be 10-20 years before it's realistically worth that kind of money. Great condition all the same, a lot of money spent on tax for so few miles!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Would you pay €7k for it including nox and VRT charges?

I’d have thought they’d be around €2k usually, making that worth €3k?

As I said, dunno how the prices are for them, just think its a nice example.

Could be worth 6-7K to somebody though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

I think it will be 10-20 years before it's realistically worth that kind of money. Great condition all the same, a lot of money spent on tax for so few miles!

If I look into my crystal ball.... I think ICE powered cars will be dinosaurs in 30 (or even 20) years time. Soo wouldn't be squirreling them away hoping to make a fortune in the future.

Pollution laws in the future will make them virtually un-usable ....and too many complicated moving parts etc. as well wil make them hideaously expensive to maintain

Even in 10 years time ... this particular car won't be worth any more than it is today. Because its a basic spec car (grey cloth interor...seriously !!!) with the mid range engine (2.5 6 pot is better than the piss poor 1.6/1.8 ...but needs to be the 2.8 or 3.2 M3).

Only the absolute top spec of mass produced cars are ever collectible.

This seller realises this car is probably worth about as much today as its ever going to be worth and hence is wisely looking to offload it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Only the absolute top spec of mass produced cars are ever collectible.

+1000% correct.

Its NOT a collectors car. But having said, its a nice example of a very good car from the turn of the Millenium. For sentimental reasons someone might buy it to replace a similar one, that has perhaps expired :(

Advertisement