Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

bcklschaps wrote: »
    If I look into my crystal ball.... I think ICE powered cars will be dinosaurs in 30 (or even 20) years time. Soo wouldn't be squirreling them away hoping to make a fortune in the future.

Pollution laws in the future will make them virtually un-usable ....and too many complicated moving parts etc. as well wil make them hideaously expensive to maintain

Even in 10 years time ... this particular car won't be worth any more than it is today. Because its a basic spec car (grey cloth interor...seriously !!!) with the mid range engine (2.5 6 pot is better than the piss poor 1.6/1.8 ...but needs to be the 2.8 or 3.2 M3).

Only the absolute top spec of mass produced cars are ever collectible.

This seller realises this car is probably worth about as much today as its ever going to be worth and hence is wisely looking to offload it.
    I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but a certain showroom will get a fancy valet on this, write a blurb about flog it for big money!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but a certain showroom will get a fancy valet on this, write a blurb about flog it for big money!

That car is screaming out to be parked on some sandy coloured gravel.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,530 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Kilboor wrote: »
    I like the little detail about the man not being married

That's probably why he spec'd it in limited edition cloth seats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭CoBo55

bcklschaps wrote: »
    If I look into my crystal ball.... I think ICE powered cars will be dinosaurs in 30 (or even 20) years time. Soo wouldn't be squirreling them away hoping to make a fortune in the future.

Pollution laws in the future will make them virtually un-usable ....and too many complicated moving parts etc. as well wil make them hideaously expensive to maintain

Even in 10 years time ... this particular car won't be worth any more than it is today. Because its a basic spec car (grey cloth interor...seriously !!!) with the mid range engine (2.5 6 pot is better than the piss poor 1.6/1.8 ...but needs to be the 2.8 or 3.2 M3).

Only the absolute top spec of mass produced cars are ever collectible.

This seller realises this car is probably worth about as much today as its ever going to be worth and hence is wisely looking to offload it.

Or the absolute bottom of the range complete bog spec that no one loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I would theorize that this car was traded into an Irish dealer by its now Irish resident uk owner on its uk plates, it was offloaded to the trade for small money, and now is being chanced for big money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I would theorize that this car was traded into an Irish dealer by its now Irish resident uk owner on its uk plates, it was offloaded to the trade for small money, and now is being chanced for big money.

Absolutely.... or maybe it was inherited from an English uncle or something. This dreamer seen ££££ signs.....

Rude awakening in store methinks.

Whats the VRT + nOx ? about €1500 or something ?? with another €1400 road tax per annum.

I'd say he'll get offers of about €1000. (Which is roundabout exactly what its cost him soo far, I'd guess).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

16 years old and €10k

This has to be dreamer money.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/22291991

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

If it had only done 13,000km it still wouldn't be worth €10k

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭littlevillage

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/land-rover-freelander/24723792

I don't know where to start with this advert. ��

maybe with the line

"Anyone sending a message is a time waster if you can't afford the call you can't afford the jeep and your sad��"

The only sad thing in this ad is this GUY for not washing his jeep and maybe moving it from beside the wall where its clearly been (abandonded) parked for a long time ... before putting it up on DD....

I can understand why he doesn't want to spend money on tyres or fixing the engine ... but seriously !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

maybe with the line

"Anyone sending a message is a time waster if you can't afford the call you can't afford the jeep and your sad��"

The only sad thing in this ad is this GUY for not washing his jeep and maybe moving it from beside the wall where its clearly been I]abandonded[/I parked for a long time ... before putting it up on DD....

I can understand why he doesn't want to spend money on tyres or fixing the engine ... but seriously !!!

The picture where his finger covers approximately 1/3 of the screen is the best.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    The picture where his finger covers approximately 1/3 of the screen is the best.

All of them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭dmc17

maybe with the line

The only sad thing in this ad is this GUY for not washing his jeep and maybe moving it from beside the wall where its clearly been I]abandonded[/I parked for a long time ... before putting it up on DD....

Running fine very smokey

Sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Those tyres are balder than a strippers moneymaker. Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

dmc17 wrote: »
    Sounds good

Running fine very smokey possibly injector needs changing

Aren't the Injectors about €150/200 a shot on them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Running fine very smokey possibly injector needs changing

Aren't the Injectors about €150/200 a shot on them?

The whole thing reads more like some kind of elaborate riddle than an Ad.

Each line perfectly contradicts the last: "high spec - half leather", "everything working - window not working"...

Even the photo of it mud-splattered by a country shed - "never farmed".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

That's a horrendous comment to put in an ad and most especially as an opening comment. I appreciate there are a lot of toolboxes on Donedeal but the likes of that won't weed them out either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

maybe with the line

That's a horrendous comment to put in an ad and most especially as an opening comment. I appreciate there are a lot of toolboxes on Donedeal but the likes of that won't weed them out either.

And this for a €800 dirty old banger with smoke pouring out of it and needing quite a lot of work to pass an NCT if it ever could.

Who does the advertiser think is in the market for such a shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

And this for a €800 dirty old banger with smoke pouring out of it and needing quite a lot of work to pass an NCT if it ever could.

Who does the advertiser think is in the market for such a shed.

Great for the dogs, one can drop the rear window....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Imagine how long whatever they took that in against was in stock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I was fully expecting that X5 to be manual. Everything else is wrong about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-bmw-320d-msport-new-nct-/23862162

Not a major dreamer but the mileage and price don't reflect on each other.

Change of ownership not even a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dubbrin

Tow eye screw cover in the bumper missing too....

Fair play to Mike for observing social distancing and not going near it for an interior shot as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 010010011010

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

E30 parts make huge money now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I was fully expecting that X5 to be manual. Everything else is wrong about it

I was just about to post “Bar it being manual could it possibly get any worse”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Where the **** did the saying "first to see will buy" come from ? The most cowboy thing that could be said on an ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

If that had doorcards it wouldn't be far off the money. Bit strong for just seats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2012-skoda-suberb-1-6-face-lift-model/24718466

whats the story with the "screen shot" pics? I've seen that a few times on donedeal. Looks very dodgy.

Also, its expensive for a basic spec with high mileage.

Advertisement