Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I wouldn't pay anywhere near 1,950 for that thing, Buy yourself a much more updated 2007' model passat for that or less.

I wouldn't pay 1950 for the one in the link, but I wouldn't take the newer model for free if I was offered one. The one linked may be grossly overpriced but the model after if couldn't hold a candle to it quality wise, they are absolute scrap, for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I wouldn't pay 1950 for the one in the link, but I wouldn't take the newer model for free if I was offered one. The one linked may be grossly overpriced but the model after if couldn't hold a candle to it quality wise, they are absolute scrap, for the most part.

I thought those 05 upwards models looked like a nice car and still looked quite classy by todays standards. So I was wrong then, ok then :confused:

They look good and they are nice enough to be in, but painfully unreliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

They look good and they are nice enough to be in, but painfully unreliable.

I know they aren't a patch on the B5/B5.5 but are they really that terrible? By the way your talking I'm assuming them to be akin to if not even worse than the Laguna II in the reliability stakes. Is the B7 any improvement on the B6 model?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭geezer1234

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

geezer1234 wrote: »

Jaysus, we have a winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

It probably wasn't hidden away for 10 years, just a story made up to justify the low mileage, if it's even genuine.. The worst colour in the world to. Low mileage, who cares..... Just a boring and undesirable horrible looking yellow Saab.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

geezer1234 wrote: »

1950 surely. And thats still dreaming :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Don't even know where to start with that one..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic/21398378

There's fully fledged Type R's and DC5 Integras on DD for less...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It would want to have Mashimoto ZX tyres for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

All 3 cars he’s selling have 9 owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

colm_mcm wrote: »
    All 3 cars he’s selling have 9 owners.

Not to mention the accord is missing it’s front grille and number plate mount, fog light also not working, possible frontal impact at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The avensis has me half nostalgic for my old one!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

rizzodun wrote: »

And an actual Type R gave its life for that. Also marked down as a 1.6, has 1.8 engine. Jaysus lads, is this 2001? Eight grand. And needs work to finish it? :D :pac:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Wrecker of a LHD Sierra. Comes with a free essay. €7,500.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/ford/sierra/1991-ford-sierra-2-0i-8v/17627171

Good God, I'm exhausted after reading that.

tl;dr:

Hand-me-down Ford Sierra, brought from Madrid to Dublin, went to un-necessary extremes to source some Ford parts, sideswiped a motorway crash barrier on the way home, not a straight panel on it bar the roof and I think his cat had kittens at some point but they had to be re-homed. €7500, "limited room for negotiation".

As per usual, he'd struggle to sell that car if the dropped a zero off the asking price.

So in light of all the expense incurred to date (excluding the original price I paid for the car) which comes in over ~ €8020.00 and all the parts available with the car and original paperwork, the asking price is fair.

Guys, I actually missed this paragraph the first time out. This ad is like a movie, where you notice more subtleties the second time you watch it.

Yeah, sure we'll cover the cost of a Flight from Knock to Manchester, all your taxi's, lunches and the €2 you put into a homeless mans cup on the way to pick up a donor car for a ****ing headlight adjuster setup into a Sierra that's got bodywork like the Top Gear indestructible Hilux.
    I then sourced a second LHD Sierra for parts as wanted to fit the rare Headlight Level mechanism that came with a lot of LHD models so took the loom from that donor and wired in headlight motors with the rare headlight level control switch in its applicable placement in the lower dash console (€350.00 for the car plus flight (Knock to Manchester with buses, Taxi, Fuel and return Ferry costing €400 [*****€750 all-in]).

This is surely be to God an April fools joke?

I actually think we should go out on a high and close the thread here, it's not just the price, we've got a live 'un here. The whole thing is away with the fairys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Wibbs wrote: »
    And an actual Type R gave its life for that. Also marked down as a 1.6, has 1.8 engine. Jaysus lads, is this 2001? Eight grand. And needs work to finish it? :D :pac:

In fairness, the EG9 has a cult following in the Honda scene, and a good one would be worth almost as much as a good Type R. However, that one is definitely overpriced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

That Sierra wins hands down......

Front panel gaps are all wonky, crash damage and it has a Saloon bonnet/grill fitted and steering wheel is on the wrong side.

If it was RHD, I'd value it at €2k (And at that it's overpriced in my eyes but it'd sell)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

E36Ross wrote: »
    That Sierra wins hands down......

Front panel gaps are all wonky, crash damage and it has a Saloon bonnet/grill fitted and steering wheel is on the wrong side.

If it was RHD, I'd value it at €2k (And at that it's overpriced in my eyes but it'd sell)

And a 28 year old tyre in the boot.!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Noveight wrote: »
    Wrecker of a LHD Sierra. Comes with a free essay. €7,500.

https://www.adverts.ie/car/ford/sierra/1991-ford-sierra-2-0i-8v/17627171

Jesus christ, I handed in college assignments with less words than that bloody ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,584 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

rizzodun wrote: »

Someone still harboring ambitions of raiding trucks in the desert by the looks of that

1993-Honda-Civic-Coupe-EJ1-7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

christ that Sierra is well over priced!
    I know a man big into his classic fords, had a drive in a 92 2L 4*4 Sierra he owned before, I was blown away, the car was so ahead of its time with the amount of spec it had. However, even he didn't play close to that price for his mint Sierra! The body work on that Sierra in the ad is very poor, the car is LHD. However, the biggest gripe I have with the ad, is there are 22 pics, an essay of a description, and not one pic of the interior!

There is a 91 reg Sierra on Dondeal at the moment for €4250.
    also a 2L, however, bodywork and paint looks good, it has a leather interior and its an automatic.
    I have no idea how much Sierras in good condition go for, I know they have a bit of a cult following, but if the 4250 price is accurate, the LHD car is worth around 1500!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Awh he’s deleting comments from his ad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Guys, I actually missed this paragraph the first time out. This ad is like a movie, where you notice more subtleties the second time you watch it.

Ekk, you actually put yourself through the torture of reading it twice!biggrin.png

What I'm wondering is what in hells blazes all the omega symbols are all about.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Awh he’s deleting comments from his ad :(

Another of his ads. Love the line "lights were focused prior to removal from car" :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Another of his ads. Love the line "lights were focused prior to removal from car" :):)

:D:D
    For sale: Flat Wheel, only flat at the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

600 miles to a tank.. 60L tank.. 45mpg.

I'll take 2!!!

Advertisement